Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
siryasir said:
Dear Bro +1 for your detailed response. But I need few more suggestions based on following points:

My company did not have any office in India so showing that I was employed off shore i.e in India would be Okay ??? Moreover, In the 11 months preceding my Employment Visa...I did not even once travel to India so basically I was whole time in Dubai on Visit visas and used to travel Visa FREE Zones to exit and entering back in Dubai...Would that not be unusual for someone who is employed in India BUT stays in Dubai for straight 11 months for 'Business transactions or for clients Visits' ? Just to clarify further I was working for a Real Estate company but on Commission with no Salary condition..so I do not have any salary transfers to show in Bank accounts, In fact I do not have any trace of my Dubai Bank statement now...I was working there 7 years ago. Any Idea if this employment for which only commission is paid is considered to be PAID employment by CIC or not?
This is the only advise that seems logical to me - If YOU wish to show the period on Visit Visa as a full-time employment, you may have to go through hoops and ladders trying to convince the VO, given that you are provided with that opportunity, which would be rare.

PAID Employment - is exactly that; paid. Either Payslips or wire transfers etc are the only way of proving it.

I would negate the Visit VISA Period from my profile, as there could be chances of misrep. of facts if you show offshore employment as you yourself passively agree. The reason I do not see the 'negation' as a direct misrep is because it doesn't matter what you say you did, you cannot be employed full-time IN DUBAI while on a Visit Visa IN DUBAI.

siryasir

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
ITA under EE, not yet!
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
File Transfer...
InshAllah soon
Med's Request
InshAllah soon
Med's Done....
InshAllah soon
Interview........
InshAllah waived
Passport Req..
InshAllah soon
VISA ISSUED...
InshAllah soon
LANDED..........
InshAllah soon
nishesh3003 said:
This is the only advise that seems logical to me - If YOU wish to show the period on Visit Visa as a full-time employment, you may have to go through hoops and ladders trying to convince the VO, given that you are provided with that opportunity, which would be rare.

PAID Employment - is exactly that; paid. Either Payslips or wire transfers etc are the only way of proving it.

I would negate the Visit VISA Period from my profile, as there could be chances of misrep. of facts if you show offshore employment as you yourself passively agree. The reason I do not see the 'negation' as a direct misrep is because it doesn't matter what you say you did, you cannot be employed full-time IN DUBAI while on a Visit Visa IN DUBAI.
1-Okay bro can you pls clarify that earning irregular commission with NO salary is considered PAID or not ?
2-Also, I think living in a country some 7-8 years ago and keeping a record of bank statements of those years...would have been very unusual for anyone...Would VO not consider this a natural cause? Pay slips are again not given by all the employers, some give cheque while others cash too...What does VO do in such situations? These are very natural and real life situations that are faced by many.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
siryasir said:
Dear Bro +1 for your detailed response. But I need few more suggestions based on following points:

My company did not have any office in India so showing that I was employed off shore i.e in India would be Okay ??? No makes no difference at all. If you think about larger companies then this would not be uncommon.
Moreover, In the 11 months preceding my Employment Visa...I did not even once travel to India so basically I was whole time in Dubai on Visit visas and used to travel Visa FREE Zones to exit and entering back in Dubai...Would that not be unusual for someone who is employed in India BUT stays in Dubai for straight 11 months for 'Business transactions or for clients Visits' ? They will not dig that deep into your travel between India and Dubai. As long as you are able to get the Police certificate for this period from India, it is fine.
Just to clarify further I was working for a Real Estate company but on Commission with no Salary condition..so I do not have any salary transfers to show in Bank accounts, In fact I do not have any trace of my Dubai Bank statement now...I was working there 7 years ago. You will not be asked for bank statements from so long ago. Canadian law does not allow for them to query your bank account without your permission and they have to follow the same guidelines oversees as well.
Any Idea if this employment for which only commission is paid is considered to be PAID employment by CIC or not? Like I said they will not ask for proof of transactions from that far back. They have no way of knowing this unless you disclose it, or your previous employer does.

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
siryasir said:
1-Okay bro can you pls clarify that earning irregular commission with NO salary is considered PAID or not ?
2-Also, I think living in a country some 7-8 years ago and keeping a record of bank statements of those years...would have been very unusual for anyone...Would VO not consider this a natural cause? Pay slips are again not given by all the employers, some give cheque while others cash too...What does VO do in such situations? These are very natural and real life situations that are faced by many.
Hi Siryasir

if you are employed for 3 years with a company, you do not show salary slips/bank transfers for the entire 3 years. It is just for the last few months, that too if you do not have salary mentioned in your ref. letter. But I am not even going that far.

I am trying to suggest that you provide genuine and solid documentations for your employment and most importantly - documents that do not raise a flag; and if they do - you be prepared to justify.

The VO may not be worried about your VISA Status at all because you are not required to show 'proof' of your employment VISA as the document checklist does not ask for it anywhere. The flag 'may' be raised when the VO reviews your background declaration/travels form. You will be mentioning the Status as 'Visitor' for those 11 odd months - will you not ?

So the real question is - will CIC be OKAY if an applicant was not lawfully admitted to a country as a worker, while he was working there? Is CIC okay with rules being bent just because the 'employer' was 'okay' with it?

I don't think so. Obviously there is that chance that I am wrong. But this is all I can say in your case.

As far as commissions are concerned - if this was for the entire duration of your employment then it should be on your ref. letter. If it was only during probation - then you must have some payslips at least from the last few months or at-least a mention of it in your ref. letter.

Good luck!

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
nishesh3003 said:
Hi Siryasir

if you are employed for 3 years with a company, you do not show salary slips/bank transfers for the entire 3 years. It is just for the last few months, that too if you do not have salary mentioned in your ref. letter. But I am not even going that far.

I am trying to suggest that you provide genuine and solid documentations for your employment and most importantly - documents that do not raise a flag; and if they do - you be prepared to justify.

The VO may not be worried about your VISA Status at all because you are not required to show 'proof' of your employment VISA as the document checklist does not ask for it anywhere. The flag 'may' be raised when the VO reviews your background declaration/travels form. You will be mentioning the Status as 'Visitor' for those 11 odd months - will you not ?

So the real question is - will CIC be OKAY if an applicant was not lawfully admitted to a country as a worker, while he was working there? Is CIC okay with rules being bent just because the 'employer' was 'okay' with it?

I don't think so. Obviously there is that chance that I am wrong. But this is all I can say in your case.

As far as commissions are concerned - if this was for the entire duration of your employment then it should be on your ref. letter. If it was only during probation - then you must have some payslips at least from the last few months or at-least a mention of it in your ref. letter.

Good luck!
Not everyone has sent salary slips with their applications and they have already gotten visas. siryasir's concern is about employment he held 7 years ago. No one keeps pay slips from that long ago and a lot of people change banks in that period.

If you have sent across all the supporting docs for every employer in the last 10 years (they are not interested in experience before 10 years) than this is good and hopefully it will result in faster then usual processing for you, however pay stubs are additional supporting documents and not the primary requirement.

Regards,

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
nishesh3003 said:
Hi Siryasir

Good luck!
Also the real problem isn't what to write in the background declaration, but that he has to provide PCC for any country he has lived in for more than 6 months (even as a visitor). There is no way UAE police will issue a certificate for the period he was on a visit visa. He has no option but to show that his country of residence was India during that period. This has to be the case since he did not technically stay in Dubai for longer then 3 months at a time (as he had to hop to another country and reenter Dubai with a new visit visa).

Anyway I am not saying my advice is the best advice, just that it is a different point of view from the other advice he was getting, it is for him to decide which path to take.

Regards,

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
rizmayo said:
Not everyone has sent salary slips with their applications and they have already gotten visas. siryasir's concern is about employment he held 7 years ago. No one keeps pay slips from that long ago and a lot of people change banks in that period.

If you have sent across all the supporting docs for every employer in the last 10 years (they are not interested in experience before 10 years) than this is good and hopefully it will result in faster then usual processing for you, however pay stubs are additional supporting documents and not the primary requirement.

Regards,
Everybody does not send across salary slips - True. Even CIC has not made it a mandatory document. But CIC does state it clearly in the FSW Document checklist that the Letter of Reference must include a mention of your annual salary. Only when you're not able to do that is when pay stubs can be used as a supporting document. And all of this includes ALL Employments undertaken for the last 10 years. Obviously, things differ on a case to case basis. But between what CIC needs and what an applicant provides is what makes or breaks your chances.

So, yes - the OP needs to ensure that his application is as solid as possible. And he is in the best position to understand as to what extent can he afford to deviate from the underlying requirements laid by CIC.

patricia08

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 13,2014
Nomination.....
DD:Nov 17,2014
AOR Received.
PER: Dec 3,2014
File Transfer...
PCC:May 20, 2015
Med's Request
May 29, 2015
Med's Done....
June 4, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 17, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Passport Received: August 2, 2015
LANDED..........
Soon
How many months valid is the Police Clearance here in Dubai?

Is it 1 month or 3 months? Thanks!

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
rizmayo said:
Also the real problem isn't what to write in the background declaration, but that he has to provide PCC for any country he has lived in for more than 6 months (even as a visitor). There is no way UAE police will issue a certificate for the period he was on a visit visa. He has no option but to show that his country of residence was India during that period. This has to be the case since he did not technically stay in Dubai for longer then 3 months at a time (as he had to hop to another country and reenter Dubai with a new visit visa).

Anyway I am not saying my advice is the best advice, just that it is a different point of view from the other advice he was getting, it is for him to decide which path to take.

Regards,
He cannot provide PCC for the duration for which he was a Visitor in UAE.

His country of residence was India till the date his Work Visa was filed for processing in the UAE Ministry of Labor.

The above two are established facts and based upon that my conclusion is that the Applicant cannot claim Work Experience points for an employment based in UAE with a UAE employer during the period when he was on a Visitor Visa irrespective of the fact that the Employer utilized his services and paid him certain amount of commission. Beyond this, how such facts should be otherwise represented to CIC is honestly beyond my expertise. Therefore I suggested he take assistance of a lawyer.

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
patricia08 said:
How many months valid is the Police Clearance here in Dubai?

Is it 1 month or 3 months? Thanks!
The Dubai Police website states that the PCC is valid for 3 months.

But I didn't (or couldn't) find anything of such sort mentioned on the actual PCC itself which i received from Dubai Police.

Indian applicant

Jun 29, 2014
below the seal and signature of Major Gen (expert) Khalil Ibrahim .... it is clearly mentioned
-any erasure or amenfment in this certificate makes it Invalid
-this certificate is valid for three months only.

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
Indian applicant said:
below the seal and signature of Major Gen (expert) Khalil Ibrahim .... it is clearly mentioned
-any erasure or amenfment in this certificate makes it Invalid
-this certificate is valid for three months only.
That's informative. Thanks Indianapplicant. I shall check the copy of the PCC I had saved, just to make sure.

Cheers!

patricia08

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 13,2014
Nomination.....
DD:Nov 17,2014
AOR Received.
PER: Dec 3,2014
File Transfer...
PCC:May 20, 2015
Med's Request
May 29, 2015
Med's Done....
June 4, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 17, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Passport Received: August 2, 2015
LANDED..........
Soon
nishesh3003 said:
The Dubai Police website states that the PCC is valid for 3 months.

But I didn't (or couldn't) find anything of such sort mentioned on the actual PCC itself which i received from Dubai Police.
Thanks for the reply!

tbear

Aug 12, 2014
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London (BWJ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2014
Doc's Request.
26/08/2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application - 7.5
Med's Done....
08/09/2016
Passport Req..
13/09/2016
Hi friends, well since you all are from Dubai, I am sure you are well aware of the tax free environment that we enjoy here. I have an issue pertaining to pay stubs. In the document checklist it mentions that

Additional supporting documents may include:

copies of work contracts, and

copies of pay stubs

However, i have my work experience from working with my father in his business, I therefore, never took salary through WPS so has to avoid the hassle. However, my father gives me a small amount of salary for my personal expenses through cash.

Now my question is how do I supplement instead of pay stubs ?

All suggestions are welcomed.

Indian applicant

Jun 29, 2014
Hi tbear,
Which category are you applying in ? FAMILY; ECONOMIC; BUSINESS etc.?
and under which scheme ? FSW(2); PNP; PG; CE
FSW - Federal Skilled workers 2008; 2013; 2014
PNP - Provincial Nominee program (there are over 5 of these)
PG - Postgraduate professional
CE - Canadian Experience
NOC - which NOC ?