Pachochay

Apr 15, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone! Just joined this forum and started going through some of the earlier posts.

Thanks Qorax for starting this thread and to all the senior members for patiently answering questions and sharing their experiences for everybody to learn from....good job guys!! keep it up:)

We sent our (family of four - we have 2 girls aged 6.5years & 1 year) application January this year to NS via an agent here in Dubai with me(accountant-CPA/CMA) as the principal applicant. Hmmmm....still waiting for an update, no number (AOR???) yet till now. So still a looooong way to go for us, I guess....

Have a great weekend guys!

r.lyn2010

Apr 17, 2010
hi there guys!i just want to know if u have idea..like if i submitted an expired police clearance for PR application?what will be the result of the application?will my application be returned to me?i am currently on student visa in canada..i do have expired police clearance &if i'l submit it after a year..hoe it eill br?sigh*

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Pachochay said:
Hi Everyone! Just joined this forum and started going through some of the earlier posts.

Thanks Qorax for starting this thread and to all the senior members for patiently answering questions and sharing their experiences for everybody to learn from....good job guys!! keep it up:)

We sent our (family of four - we have 2 girls aged 6.5years & 1 year) application January this year to NS via an agent here in Dubai with me(accountant-CPA/CMA) as the principal applicant. Hmmmm....still waiting for an update, no number (AOR???) yet till now. So still a looooong way to go for us, I guess....

Have a great weekend guys!
Hi,

Welcome to this forum...
Double check with that 'agent' whether he has 'really' submitted your apps in Jan-10. 'Coz, in that case u should have recd your AOR by now.

Regards,
Qorax

Pachochay

Apr 15, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Hi,

Welcome to this forum...
Double check with that 'agent' whether he has 'really' submitted your apps in Jan-10. 'Coz, in that case u should have recd your AOR by now.

Regards,
Qorax
Hi Qorax,

Thanks for the welcome and the "fast track" reply:) I'm not sure how to properly reply to posts here by quoting the previous post yet.....

Have just now finished reading ALL the posts in this thread and I've noticed that most people got their AOR within 2 months. I have been following up with the agent and they have told me to be patient about it, the number should come by first week of May and that no one else from my batch has received their number as well. I have been paying them (got the 15-months installment option) since ovember, do you think it is still advisable to cancel our contract with them and just move ahead doing it by ourselves?
Thanks for your usual patience with newbies like me.

mirza897

Apr 4, 2010
Hi,

I am not saying your agent did this. But most agents who offer Installment payment plans and offer to "even finance you fee", dont move an inch till they have collected there bench mark amount. So ask your agent to give you the proff, like courrier accpetance from CHC acknowleding that they recived the doucments. I do not know if you can and how the procedure is to get rid of the agent in between.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Pachochay said:
Hi Qorax,

...I have been following up with the agent and they have told me to be patient about it, the number should come by first week of May and that no one else from my batch has received their number as well. I have been paying them (got the 15-months installment option) since ovember, do you think it is still advisable to cancel our contract with them and just move ahead doing it by ourselves?...
In the normal process, nowadays we don't need a consultant at all. In more cases, rather being of 'help' they would actually 'mar' the process... moreover would 'delay' it.

But, in your scenario it might be too early to 'cancel' their contract. Now that u have already paid them... u might as well 'stick' with them... querying their brains-out frequently.

As with their statement that 'most in your batch haven't got their AORs'... I can safely say that they are taking 'bull'. CIC-NS is dwelling-out AORs by 2 months, max 3 [though it is a bit slow nowadays]. So, if it was indeed in Jan-10 u should be getting it by now. Quite likely they have delayed sending your apps by a month -if not few days & that's why they say that u should get it by May-10.

Nonetheless, hold on... it's not that late either.
Qorax

JM09

Star Member
Dec 23, 2009
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi pacho,
You got a better reply frm Captain. I just want to add few warning notes from my experience .

1. As captain said never believe your consultant; they 'll always treat you like that.You know my wonderful agent ( Dubai ) told me that they applied my case in Dec 2008 ( I started paying them like you in instalmnts from Nov 2008 ) . Infact they applied my case in October 2009 only ( I lost my valuable one year ) ; which i come to know only once i rcvd my 1st AOR. (u'll get the details of date when they applied ).

2.Ask solid proof from them. I was frequently calling them and visitting them, and they keep on convincing me ( I was not a member in this forum on those days and so i was not aware of the proceedings ) .

3. Keep on posting your queries . There are Seniors like Qorax , Rocky, PMM and there are a lot like me ( learning from the experience :( )

All the Best :)

Pachochay

Apr 15, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
In the normal process, nowadays we don't need a consultant at all. In more cases, rather being of 'help' they would actually 'mar' the process... moreover would 'delay' it.

But, in your scenario it might be too early to 'cancel' their contract. Now that u have already paid them... u might as well 'stick' with them... querying their brains-out frequently.

As with their statement that 'most in your batch haven't got their AORs'... I can safely say that they are taking 'bull'. CIC-NS is dwelling-out AORs by 2 months, max 3 [though it is a bit slow nowadays]. So, if it was indeed in Jan-10 u should be getting it by now. Quite likely they have delayed sending your apps by a month -if not few days & that's why they say that u should get it by May-10.

Nonetheless, hold on... it's not that late either.
Qorax
Hi Qorax,MIrza & JM,
Thank you for your valuable inputs...apprecaite them. I have done my IELTS, got the police clearance from my country and have gathered most of the documents that my agent told me to prepare. The Dubai police report he has advised me to get only after we have the AOR as this has a very short expiration period? Also, the certificate of employment (COE) from my current employer, I'm saving for last. He told me also that should I have difficulty getting COE from my current employer(we dont usually tell them of our plans until we have our visa, right?), then I can just ask them to address the COE request to my country's Consulate to avoid any questions. Has anybody done a similar thing and is it acceptable?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Pachochay said:
...He told me also that should I have difficulty getting COE from my current employer(we dont usually tell them of our plans until we have our visa, right?), then I can just ask them to address the COE request to my country's Consulate to avoid any questions...
U can always get it as "To Whomsoever It May concern" -without any addressee.

parry1901

Mar 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
Med's Done....
1st nov 2013 & 20 march 2014 (new born)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
How long is the police clearance certificate valid?

for dubai -
for india -
for usa -

Does it have any expiry date?

Pachochay

Apr 15, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JM09 said:
Hi pacho,
You got a better reply frm Captain. I just want to add few warning notes from my experience .

1. As captain said never believe your consultant; they 'll always treat you like that.You know my wonderful agent ( Dubai ) told me that they applied my case in Dec 2008 ( I started paying them like you in instalmnts from Nov 2008 ) . Infact they applied my case in October 2009 only ( I lost my valuable one year ) ; which i come to know only once i rcvd my 1st AOR. (u'll get the details of date when they applied ).

2.Ask solid proof from them. I was frequently calling them and visitting them, and they keep on convincing me ( I was not a member in this forum on those days and so i was not aware of the proceedings ) .

3. Keep on posting your queries . There are Seniors like Qorax , Rocky, PMM and there are a lot like me ( learning from the experience :( )

All the Best :)
Thank you all for your advice. Got the tracking number, it was actually sent Feb. 11 and received Feb. 17, not January as they have previously informed me. Now, I understand why no AOR has been received so far. We signed the contract with the agent Oct. 7 last year and paid the corresponding sign up fee. Good thing we now have this blogsite and people like you who really help:)

zeeshee

Jan 22, 2010
NOC Code......
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
Dear All

I have applied under Family class. (Spouse) & my application being processed in Abu Dhabi.
Need your advice/help for following :-

1. Did all of you got IMM5549E form request alongwith AOR or some months after AOR?
2. With my original application, i forgot to translate my UAE visa to English & just sent a copy of Original visa. Should i send an English translation of this alongwith IMM5549E form OR send only IMM5549E as they haven't requested me for English translation of UAE residence visa yet.
3. if you advice me to send UAE visa English translation, please advice where to do this translation in Dubai? Do i need to do some legal translation of this OR normal translation with notarized stamp?