AOR Received.
23-03-2011
File Transfer...
11-Aug-10
Med's Request
28-OCT-2013
bestpal said:
@ Mariyasubtain,

In addition to the DD making and cancelling chgs there would be other cost as well, that you have to bear. Assuming the rate of exchange remains the same, the Bank while canceling i,t will be doing it at its buying rate which can be 05-20 fils less per Canadian dollar (as in the present case) than its selling rate, depending on the Bank's policies. In the sceneario the Dollar slumps as has happened now ??? :-X the loss in cancelling will be substantial (as per the amount) like if the selling rate of the Bank was 3.85 AED/CAD$ and the buying rate becomes 3.45 AED/CAD$ while cancelling it then the loss on this aspect alone, would be AED 4000/- :'( per CAD$ 10,000/- or AED 8000/- :'( :'( per CAD$ 20,000/- plus AED 100-150, as er2d2g has written.

In response to your query abt loosing min amt of money in this traxn the best solution would be to make the DD in US$ as it is accepted as POF for Canadian immigration purpose and secondly because the rates are static against the AED. 8) The max loss would be (besides the AED 150/- DD making and cancelling chgs), AED 115/- per CAD 10,000/- with Union National Bank, for example or AED 320/- per CAD 10,000/- in ENBD's case. Choose a bank which has the least difference in its buying and selling rates for US$. :)

You can PM me for further guidance, in case you need. :)

Best Wishes,

Bestpal
You rock ... :)

mariyasubtain

May 31, 2012
Thanks alot, Its really helpful :)

bestpal said:
@ Mariyasubtain,

In addition to the DD making and cancelling chgs there would be other cost as well, that you have to bear. Assuming the rate of exchange remains the same, the Bank while canceling i,t will be doing it at its buying rate which can be 05-20 fils less per Canadian dollar (as in the present case) than its selling rate, depending on the Bank's policies. In the sceneario the Dollar slumps as has happened now ??? :-X the loss in cancelling will be substantial (as per the amount) like if the selling rate of the Bank was 3.85 AED/CAD$ and the buying rate becomes 3.45 AED/CAD$ while cancelling it then the loss on this aspect alone, would be AED 4000/- :'( per CAD$ 10,000/- or AED 8000/- :'( :'( per CAD$ 20,000/- plus AED 100-150, as er2d2g has written.

In response to your query abt loosing min amt of money in this traxn the best solution would be to make the DD in US$ as it is accepted as POF for Canadian immigration purpose and secondly because the rates are static against the AED. 8) The max loss would be (besides the AED 150/- DD making and cancelling chgs), AED 115/- per CAD 10,000/- with Union National Bank, for example or AED 320/- per CAD 10,000/- in ENBD's case. Choose a bank which has the least difference in its buying and selling rates for US$. :)

You can PM me for further guidance, in case you need. :)

Best Wishes,

Bestpal

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Night shift as security officer, a survival job for many immigrants

http://canadianimmigrant.ca/immigrant-stories/night-shift-as-security-officer-a-survival-job-for-many-immigrants

bestpal

Aug 5, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0111 Financial Controller
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
Doc's Request.
14-01-2010
AOR Received.
2nd on 25-06-2010
IELTS Request
8 Bands
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
06-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
PPs sent 05-11-2012! Visas stamped 15-11-2012 recd PPs back on 01-Dec-2012
LANDED..........
20 January 2013;,as God willed! Thank God for mercies!
er2d2g said:
Hi All

I finally managed to understand the procedure for avoiding issues when carrying large quantities of gold through Dubai customs to Canada.

If you have bills for all the gold you are carrying then there is no issue

If you don't have all the bills you need to take all your gold to a gold shop and get it weighed and approx value of the gold as per that day's gold rate and ask them to prepare a stamped list on their letterhead.
Once this is done you need a 1 copy of the list, 2 PP copies and 2 copies of your boarding pass.
On the day of your travel go to the airport police and submit the above to them. They will stamp it on the spot and you should not have any issues when your bags are Xrayed.

I had gone to the airport police yesterday to confirm the procedure. (Terminal 1 they are in area F)

I will be doing the same only in August when I leave for Canada but I hope this will help others who are in a similar situation

TC

er2d2g
Dear er2d2g,

Thanks very much, dear friend, for your initiative on the carrying of Jewellery. This will be definitely helpful for all the PR aspirants/holders who will we be carrying gold from Dubai, because over the years (in Dubai-the city of GOLD!) if one has'nt bought/collected Gold then one wasn't 'living' in Dubai in the true sense! 8) ;) What say? :)

Best Wishes,

Bestpal

fswpdxb

Star Member
Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2014
AOR Received.
4-Sept-2014
Med's Request
22-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
4-Nov-2014 updated on Ecas
Interview........
PPR1 ,PCC,updated info chart,Sch A form-22-oct-2014.All doc reached 10th Nov-2014
Passport Req..
23rd feb-2014 & submitted on 25 Feb-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12 March-2015 and passports received.
LANDED..........
Alhamdulilah-Short landing(Calgary) in April-2015-returned back.All went Well.
Dear all,

i have submitted application for fswp-2013 with all documents along with my employer letter stating my date of joining ,and the department which am working for but unfortunately no job description.My employer doesnt provide one.i have only included my CV.
Any idea will my application be rejected on this or will i be given an opportunity to submit later on.This is one of document missing.

would appreciate your advise for the same or can i submit it now

best regards

misspepper

May 1, 2013
Dear All,

I hope that someone could help me in answering my concerns. I have tried to post a thread about it but no one ever replied to me :(

My question is, as an expat in the UAE, will bank statements from my home country be accepted as proof of funds for TRV application? I could provide 3 months bank statement but they are in the bank in my home country. I also have shares in National Bonds, is this also accepted?

I plan to submit a single entry application.

Help please anyone????

Thanks in advance!

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
fswpdxb said:
Dear all,

i have submitted application for fswp-2013 with all documents along with my employer letter stating my date of joining ,and the department which am working for but unfortunately no job description.My employer doesnt provide one.i have only included my CV.
Any idea will my application be rejected on this or will i be given an opportunity to submit later on.This is one of document missing.
would appreciate your advise for the same or can i submit it now
best regards
in the initial screening of papers, there are the chances they will reject your application and whole bundle will be send to you back without start processing of your application, but can re-submitt immidietly with missing job description.
if they started processing of your application and your file is not returned and staarted processing then they will send u one email at that time you must submitt these missing documents without any delay.
now nothing is under your hand enjoy

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
misspepper said:
Dear All,

I hope that someone could help me in answering my concerns. I have tried to post a thread about it but no one ever replied to me :(

My question is, as an expat in the UAE, will bank statements from my home country be accepted as proof of funds for TRV application? I could provide 3 months bank statement but they are in the bank in my home country. I also have shares in National Bonds, is this also accepted?

I plan to submit a single entry application.

Help please anyone????

Thanks in advance!
the bank and other statements, preferred from the same country such as national bonds are acceptable, but the statement of home country is also some time acceptable such as fixed deposit, certificate which can not be withdrawn and there is any valid reason of keeping funds in your home country.
Rest all is with visa officer if he/she satisfies then no problem at all. NEKEOL

misspepper

May 1, 2013
nekeol said:
the bank and other statements, preferred from the same country such as national bonds are acceptable, but the statement of home country is also some time acceptable such as fixed deposit, certificate which can not be withdrawn and there is any valid reason of keeping funds in your home country.
Rest all is with visa officer if he/she satisfies then no problem at all. NEKEOL
Thank you for the answer NEKEOL. I am just a little confused on the fixed deposit that "cannot be withdrawn", as to what I know they need funds that can be withdrawn anytime?

I truly appreciate your reply NEKEOL and again I want to thank you:) however, I would be very grateful if Mr. QORAX and other senior members who also have knowledge on this could also give their advise on my question? I want to apply for a TRV, i have about 17k AED in national bonds and my savings is in a bank in my home country. I have read a lot of answers that bonds certificate are accepted, just want to be certain if the bank statements from my savings account from home country would also be accepted?

Many thanks.

HANY2012

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
misspepper said:
Thank you for the answer NEKEOL. I am just a little confused on the fixed deposit that "cannot be withdrawn", as to what I know they need funds that can be withdrawn anytime?

I truly appreciate your reply NEKEOL and again I want to thank you:) however, I would be very grateful if Mr. QORAX and other senior members who also have knowledge on this could also give their advise on my question? I want to apply for a TRV, i have about 17k AED in national bonds and my savings is in a bank in my home country. I have read a lot of answers that bonds certificate are accepted, just want to be certain if the bank statements from my savings account from home country would also be accepted?

Many thanks.
dear misspepper

do not worry it will accepted .I did for my self and it is accepted by them

hany

jadedGeek

Mar 19, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2010
Doc's Request.
03-08-2010
AOR Received.
23-03-2011
File Transfer...
11-Aug-10
Med's Request
28-OCT-2013
misspepper said:

Many thanks.

i have also shown national bonds/some amount in UAE and some amount in an investment outside my home/residnece country and they havnt objected till yet.

er2d2g

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Burlington,ON Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2007
Med's Request
06-12-2011
Med's Done....
28-12-2011
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2012
LANDED..........
21-06-2012
;D ;D :) ;) :D HAPPY CANADA DAY !!!!! :) ;) :D ;D

SMSH

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Mississauga, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2010
Doc's Request.
19-10-2010
Nomination.....
19-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-06-2011
IELTS Request
11-06-2010
File Transfer...
11-06-2011
Med's Request
01-10-2013
Med's Done....
07-10-2013 valid until 09-07-2014
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
24-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2014
LANDED..........
28-06-2014 Alhamdulillah
Hi,
If you are MI-1 Applicant and your Visa office is London, UK then
Please Join google excel sheet database. Kindly open the Link in my signatures. No User/Password required.
Send me your below info by PM to update in the master list!
NOC
User Name
Current Visa Office
Country of Residence
Country of Citizenship
Applied Via Consultant
Application to CIO
Full Docs Submitted
e-CAS Online - reviewed & started processing Date
Date on 6-12 months wait Letter
CAIPS BFD / GCMS Due Date
Request for Updated Docs
8/18 months wait email received
Medical Request
Passport Request
Visa Issued
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thoz-who-got-612-months-wait-letter-t103103.4320.html

parry1901

Mar 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
Med's Done....
1st nov 2013 & 20 march 2014 (new born)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Hi ,

Can anyone guide what will happen if we get medically and wife is pregnant? Will it be postponed ? For how long ?

Thank you.

Parry