23-03-2011
File Transfer...
11-Aug-10
Med's Request
28-OCT-2013
Thanks Qorax for valuable information.

qorax said:
Hi,

I've dwelt on it here many times, a simple 'search' could've got u ur answers. Nonetheless here's them once again...

1. How to 'split' the names:
e.g.1: If the name is "Shahrukh Khan"... pls split it as: Given Name = Shahrukh; Last Name = Khan
e.g.2: If the name is "Arthur Ira Garfunkel"... pls split it as: Given Name = Arthur Ira; Last Name = Garfunkel
e.g.3: If the name is "Ali Al-Husayni Al-Sistani"... pls split it as: Given Name = Ali Al-Husayni; Last Name = Al-Sistani

2. I've 'renewed' my pps, after PPR should I submit 'only' the new ones or the 'old' ones as well:
Ans.: If the 'old' pps were mentioned in the application, or any time during the processing, we r required to submit both. For which we need to 'staple' the older pp onto the 'new pp booklet'. Well, we've observed that few got away with submitting only the new pps; while we've also observed that few were 'asked' by their IO's to produce their older pp as well. And then, those cases got delayed, the onus of which rest ironically with the applicant him/herself. Thus, the thumb-rule is, "submit both"... in any case that's what CIC desires as well.

3. What do I write as my 'eye-color' in the UIC:
Ans.: There's no way our VOs could X-check our eye-colors against what we wrote, neither the BSO @ the POE would care. However, down the line, somewhere, sometime, there could be a need to identify ourselves. Thus, it'd be wise to write our eye-color as candidly as possible. Having actually a 'black' pupil we wouldn't like to be harassed (if & when the time comes) for writing "blue" in our documents, would we? As regards a selection between 'Black' or 'Brown': let's be clear that if we observe our pupils in broad daylight it gets pretty evident which color they r... it's then easy to distinguish between 'black' or 'brown' eyes. However, let's also be clear that if we chose to write 'brown' instead when it actually was 'black' (or vice-versa) -- it wouldn't mater much... that's just a boner.

4. How to 'send' our pps from the Middle East to CHC-London:
Ans.: The system with most VOs is to submit our pps thru courier (viz. Aramex, FedEx, DHL, TNT, UPS etc.). With most VOs we send a "returning arrangement" as well (viz. we contact the courier company to bring our pps back too, by paying both ways upfront). However, with LVO, for Middle East applicants, the 'returning arrangement' isn't required (not that we still cannot do it, but it could be avoided). For Middle East cases, those which r served by CHC-London, our returning pps r channelled thru CHC-Adh. London sends them via their 'diplomatic bag', which is a bi-weekly affair between CHC-Adh & CHC-London... usually they come to Abu Dhabi on Tuesdays (alternate ones, mind it). CHC-Adh has an arrangement with Aramex (their contracted couriers). Thus, on receipt of our pps -- Adh despatch cell calls Aramex -- who in turn deliver it to our "door" and collect the charges directly from us, at the 'door'. Remember, we need to enclose an 'empty' but 'labeled' A4 size envelope (having our address, but without any fee arrangement) alongwith our pps, post the PPR. Aramex delivers our pps to that address. And this 'delivery system' holds good for all local nations, viz. Bahrain, Oman, Qatar etc. not just for the emirates of the UAE.

5. What all comes in that Aramex package:
Ans.: That Aramex package will have our 'stamped' pps (with the 'counterfoil' of the PR visa), our COPR and an 'instructions letter' for assisting with our 'landing'... that's it. In some cases, where it applies, it'd also contain a SJTD (more on it in my separate thread at the "General Forum"). While in some cases LVO returned their 'original' edn certs. (if submitted) as well in that packet, but for some they didn't (it came separately).

6. What will be the 'expiry date' of my PR visa; or when can I use it:
Ans.: Typically our PR visa/s will be valid till 'one-year' from the day we had taken our meds, OR in cognizance to / as per the expiry of any one's pps in the family. Note: if any one's pps expire before 1-yr from the meds -- all the family member's PR visas will be be valid 'only' till that date irrespective of whether his/her pps were yet valid. Everyone in the family is required to 'enter' Canada within that visa expiry date to perform our "Record of Landing"... only then we become PRs. Importantly, if the family is 'landing separately' -- the PA needs to 'land' first, and not vice-versa. Furthermore, if any one doesn't 'land' within his/her PR visa expiry... his/her case stands 'invalidated' -- and he needs to start the process all over again (DANGER). Thus, it's my personal opinion that once issued with our PRVs - we should book our flights asap & enter Canada at the earliest without considering the time of the year / or the weather / or the schooling session etc. Incidentally nothing stops here (in Canada) during the winters... it's business as usual; and the 'cold' doesn't matter as well - b'coz it's similar to the 'hot' of the Middle East -- we never remained outside there for long & received a 'heat-stroke', did we? While everything/every place there was 'airconditioned', right? So is Canada... everything / every where is 'heated'... it's just the opposite -- but the factors r constant. And reg. 'schooling' -- remember, whenever we come - our kids WILL BE ADMITTED into the appropriate school (anytime of the year), there's a law to that effect.

Hope that cleared all.

Qorax
Ps.: I chose to write here instead of replying to ur PM for the benefit of everyone; and I've not divulged any of ur personal details.

jmora

Star Member
Jul 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NA
Hi all,

so we are planning to land in Toronto this summer and stay there for a couple of weeks then come back to Dubai. We will permanently relocate within a couple of years.

For this I have few questions please.
1. There is the Goods Accompanying List and Good to Follow List. Since I'm not moving permanently this year do I need to fill in the Goods to Follow List? and If I don't mention stuff in it can I still bring them to Canada later when I move permanently?
2. I am not taking any jewellary with me for this year's landing, do I still need to take photos and mention them in the list to follow?
3. Do I need to take any action for a Canadian driving license? or is it better to do it when I permanently land?
4. Anyone who was able to get this foreign driving experience letter from Sharjah Police? Was it accepted in Toronto?
5. I've been reading a lot lately that PR card Applications are being rejected to due photo size issues. What is your advise on this? Shall I take with me the same photos I used for the PR visa?

Thanks in advance!

er2d2g

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Burlington,ON Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2007
Med's Request
06-12-2011
Med's Done....
28-12-2011
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2012
LANDED..........
21-06-2012
jmora said:
Hi all,

so we are planning to land in Toronto this summer and stay there for a couple of weeks then come back to Dubai. We will permanently relocate within a couple of years.

For this I have few questions please.
1. There is the Goods Accompanying List and Good to Follow List. Since I'm not moving permanently this year do I need to fill in the Goods to Follow List? and If I don't mention stuff in it can I still bring them to Canada later when I move permanently?
2. I am not taking any jewellary with me for this year's landing, do I still need to take photos and mention them in the list to follow?
3. Do I need to take any action for a Canadian driving license? or is it better to do it when I permanently land?
4. Anyone who was able to get this foreign driving experience letter from Sharjah Police? Was it accepted in Toronto?
5. I've been reading a lot lately that PR card Applications are being rejected to due photo size issues. What is your advise on this? Shall I take with me the same photos I used for the PR visa?

Thanks in advance!
Hi jmora

I did the same last year i.e. landed in summer 2012 and spent a month there. I'm back in Dubai and planning to move in 2013.
To answer your questions
1.I would advise you to ave a Goods accompanied and goods to follow list with you. The idea is to put 100% more on the goods to follow list than you intend to carry when you make the final move. The logic is simple its better to have it on the list than to face problems later. You will need to carry 2 copies - 1 they will kep and the other will be stamped and returned to you
2.Same logic as before carry photos of the Jewellery wit your goods to follow list
3. If you are there for a couple of weeks its good to start the license procedure.
4. I'm from Dubai and the experience letter from RTA was fine - not sure if its the same for Sharjah
5. The best idea is to carry the same specs photos sent across for the Visa - u should have the same photos on your COPR - I had carried 2 copies of the same photo with me and had asked the lady at the counter during the landing process if the photos on the COPR were fine or did they need another copy for the PR card. Thankfully I did not face any problems

Let me know if I can help any further

All the best

er2d2g

Bigboss

Jan 18, 2013
UAE-Alain
Category........
Visa Office......
MCH-London
NOC Code......
7241,MI3
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2011
Doc's Request.
At the time of dicuments submittion
AOR Received.
11-4-2012
IELTS Request
Along With document request
File Transfer...
1-6-2012
Med's Request
20-8-2012 , expired , remedical 10/11/2013
Med's Done....
ECSE 4-10-2012. Remedical 14/11/2013
Interview........
Hope waived
Passport Req..
21/11/2013
VISA ISSUED...
3/12/2013
LANDED..........
August 2014 inshalah
Hi every body
Is there any probapility to reject the visa after midical had been done?
Please answer me?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Bigboss said:
Hi every body
Is there any probapility to reject the visa after midical had been done?
Please answer me?
YES.
We cannot rest in peace until we 'land', leave alone the issuance of the visas.

BTW, the most likely causes of rejection after meds r medical inadmissibility (obviously) &/or security failure.

NAZANIN2004

Mar 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
25/01/2013
VISA ISSUED...
PPs were sent on 06/02/2013. e-case was changed to DM on 26/02/2013 , passports back on 20/03/2013
LANDED..........
25/03/2013 Inshaallah.
qorax said:
The pleasure is mine brother!
THANK YOU QORAX FOR ALL HELPS . WE GOT OUR PPR ON 25/01/2013.BEST WISHES FOR EVERY FORUM MEMBERS.

Sainamo

Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2010
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
Med's Request
6-12-2012
Med's Done....
30-12-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2013
LANDED..........
August 2013
qorax said:
Hi,

I've dwelt on it here many times, a simple 'search' could've got u ur answers. Nonetheless here's them once again...

1. How to 'split' the names:
e.g.1: If the name is "Shahrukh Khan"... pls split it as: Given Name = Shahrukh; Last Name = Khan
e.g.2: If the name is "Arthur Ira Garfunkel"... pls split it as: Given Name = Arthur Ira; Last Name = Garfunkel
e.g.3: If the name is "Ali Al-Husayni Al-Sistani"... pls split it as: Given Name = Ali Al-Husayni; Last Name = Al-Sistani

2. I've 'renewed' my pps, after PPR should I submit 'only' the new ones or the 'old' ones as well:
Ans.: If the 'old' pps were mentioned in the application, or any time during the processing, we r required to submit both. For which we need to 'staple' the older pp onto the 'new pp booklet'. Well, we've observed that few got away with submitting only the new pps; while we've also observed that few were 'asked' by their IO's to produce their older pp as well. And then, those cases got delayed, the onus of which rest ironically with the applicant him/herself. Thus, the thumb-rule is, "submit both"... in any case that's what CIC desires as well.

3. What do I write as my 'eye-color' in the UIC:
Ans.: There's no way our VOs could X-check our eye-colors against what we wrote, neither the BSO @ the POE would care. However, down the line, somewhere, sometime, there could be a need to identify ourselves. Thus, it'd be wise to write our eye-color as candidly as possible. Having actually a 'black' pupil we wouldn't like to be harassed (if & when the time comes) for writing "blue" in our documents, would we? As regards a selection between 'Black' or 'Brown': let's be clear that if we observe our pupils in broad daylight it gets pretty evident which color they r... it's then easy to distinguish between 'black' or 'brown' eyes. However, let's also be clear that if we chose to write 'brown' instead when it actually was 'black' (or vice-versa) -- it wouldn't mater much... that's just a boner.

4. How to 'send' our pps from the Middle East to CHC-London:
Ans.: The system with most VOs is to submit our pps thru courier (viz. Aramex, FedEx, DHL, TNT, UPS etc.). With most VOs we send a "returning arrangement" as well (viz. we contact the courier company to bring our pps back too, by paying both ways upfront). However, with LVO, for Middle East applicants, the 'returning arrangement' isn't required (not that we still cannot do it, but it could be avoided). For Middle East cases, those which r served by CHC-London, our returning pps r channelled thru CHC-Adh. London sends them via their 'diplomatic bag', which is a bi-weekly affair between CHC-Adh & CHC-London... usually they come to Abu Dhabi on Tuesdays (alternate ones, mind it). CHC-Adh has an arrangement with Aramex (their contracted couriers). Thus, on receipt of our pps -- Adh despatch cell calls Aramex -- who in turn deliver it to our "door" and collect the charges directly from us, at the 'door'. Remember, we need to enclose an 'empty' but 'labeled' A4 size envelope (having our address, but without any fee arrangement) alongwith our pps, post the PPR. Aramex delivers our pps to that address. And this 'delivery system' holds good for all local nations, viz. Bahrain, Oman, Qatar etc. not just for the emirates of the UAE.

5. What all comes in that Aramex package:
Ans.: That Aramex package will have our 'stamped' pps (with the 'counterfoil' of the PR visa), our COPR and an 'instructions letter' for assisting with our 'landing'... that's it. In some cases, where it applies, it'd also contain a SJTD (more on it in my separate thread at the "General Forum"). While in some cases LVO returned their 'original' edn certs. (if submitted) as well in that packet, but for some they didn't (it came separately).

6. What will be the 'expiry date' of my PR visa; or when can I use it:
Ans.: Typically our PR visa/s will be valid till 'one-year' from the day we had taken our meds, OR in cognizance to / as per the expiry of any one's pps in the family. Note: if any one's pps expire before 1-yr from the meds -- all the family member's PR visas will be be valid 'only' till that date irrespective of whether his/her pps were yet valid. Everyone in the family is required to 'enter' Canada within that visa expiry date to perform our "Record of Landing"... only then we become PRs. Importantly, if the family is 'landing separately' -- the PA needs to 'land' first, and not vice-versa. Furthermore, if any one doesn't 'land' within his/her PR visa expiry... his/her case stands 'invalidated' -- and he needs to start the process all over again (DANGER). Thus, it's my personal opinion that once issued with our PRVs - we should book our flights asap & enter Canada at the earliest without considering the time of the year / or the weather / or the schooling session etc. Incidentally nothing stops here (in Canada) during the winters... it's business as usual; and the 'cold' doesn't matter as well - b'coz it's similar to the 'hot' of the Middle East -- we never remained outside there for long & received a 'heat-stroke', did we? While everything/every place there was 'airconditioned', right? So is Canada... everything / every where is 'heated'... it's just the opposite -- but the factors r constant. And reg. 'schooling' -- remember, whenever we come - our kids WILL BE ADMITTED into the appropriate school (anytime of the year), there's a law to that effect.

Hope that cleared all.

Qorax
Ps.: I chose to write here instead of replying to ur PM for the benefit of everyone; and I've not divulged any of ur personal details.
Thank you so much Qorax!

jhaja16

Star Member
Jan 27, 2013
hi. I am new here :)

We got a problem with our application. The medical result of my Common Law partner as the prinicipal applicant was missing. We just got an email after 4 months of waiting that his medical was missing. Our agent already sent reply for the email of Candian High commission attached with the proof of delivery of Aramex, Tracking receipt and payment receipt for our Dr. to prove that he really did his medical. Do you have any idea about this problem. Please advice. Thanks a lot.

fairhope01

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London (LVO)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/4/2010
AOR Received.
10/4/2012
Hi everyone,

I am trying to find applicants who recieved thier 2nd AOR in the first quarter of 2012.
I believe it is our time now. We should recieve our Med requests anytime soon. Insha Allah.

Lets get connected and help each other to reach the other side. I 'm in. Who is going to join me?

Fairhope01, 2nd AOR date 10th April 2012.

jadedGeek

Mar 19, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2010
Doc's Request.
03-08-2010
AOR Received.
23-03-2011
File Transfer...
11-Aug-10
Med's Request
28-OCT-2013
Congrats

NAZANIN2004 said:
THANK YOU QORAX FOR ALL HELPS . WE GOT OUR PPR ON 25/01/2013.BEST WISHES FOR EVERY FORUM MEMBERS.

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
Friends,this question is related to the driving license.I got a letter from AUH muroor stating about my UAE license.Please let me know if that letter is enough?Also in the letter the name mentioned is as per my UAE visa that is my name+fathers name.Is that OK? In my Passport and PR card only my name is mentioned.

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
Friends,this question is related to the driving license.I got a letter from AUH muroor stating about my UAE license.Please let me know if that letter is enough?Also in the letter the name mentioned is as per my UAE visa that is my name+fathers name.Is that OK? In my Passport and PR card only my name is mentioned.