Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
Hi Captain, Can I apply for my mothers super visa while she is already inside Canada on a normal single entry vistor visa? or do I need to wait till she exits?

zeeshee

Jan 22, 2010
NOC Code......
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
Guys

Anyone has any thread explaining what we need to do after landing. I mean which cards to apply and where like SIN, health cards etc. I went through Qorax threads and they are gr8 but i couldn't find this information there... Any help will be greatly appreciated... Thanks

Shaikhzees

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Dear All,

ALHAMDOLILLAH i got my visa stamped passports 4 days back and now have also booked tickets for myself and my family.

Now i just want to know, which forms i need to prepare in advance so that i may save some valuable time and all the hassle at the arrival airport.

Somebody did mention about a form of things which you are bringing with you, form for what you would be bringing the next time, Disembarkation card etc. So i thought it would be great if somebody out there could guide me on this and just list the name / codes of all these forms and requirements.

Thanks in advance to all you guys!

Rgds,
Shaikhzees

ammy

Star Member
Aug 24, 2012
Jalandhar ( Punjab )
Visa Office......
Canadian Consulate Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
IELTS Request
7 band
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2012
LANDED..........
29-12-2012

er2d2g

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Burlington,ON Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2007
Med's Request
06-12-2011
Med's Done....
28-12-2011
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2012
LANDED..........
21-06-2012
zeeshee said:
Guys

Anyone has any thread explaining what we need to do after landing. I mean which cards to apply and where like SIN, health cards etc. I went through Qorax threads and they are gr8 but i couldn't find this information there... Any help will be greatly appreciated... Thanks
Checkout the websites

www.servicecanada.gc.ca - for SIN card

www.serviceontario.ca - Open your file for the drivers license and get G1

www.drivetest.ca - Book test dates ( can also be done on the Phone

You need to remember that in Canada most of the government offices require 2 pieces of ID - Passport and COPR ( till you get your drivers license as its advisable to carry the DL then COPR all the time)

www.nofeebanking.ca - a great site to understand banking options in Canada

Hope this helps to get you started

best regards

er2d2g

SAYEK

Star Member
Mar 30, 2011
Thanks for sharing your experiences. I do agree with you that jobseekers should not limit themselves to the Toronto only. Those who are in the field of banking/finance, I suggest to land directly to Calgary (Alberta) or Regina/Saskatun (Saskatchuan) rather than landing to Toronto and not to waste their valuable time. Toronto is extremely competitive and jobseekers often need to compete with local/experienced people who often get priority to the employers over the newcomers due to their canadian job experiences or degree.

Some might think whether landing would be allowed to the different provinces, if the place of landing is already mentioned in the initial application. I asked this question directly to the Immigration Officer, Pearson Toronto Airport. He told me that if the applicant is FSW, then he can land in any province (except the landing province restricts). But Provincial Nominee Applicant should land only to that province where they have applied. After I land in Toronto, I gave my corresponding/mailing address of St. Johns (Newfoundland Labrador Province) in order to get my PR card by post. It is well accepted by the officer, although my agency in Dubai misinformed me that I'm not allowed to give different provincial address If I land to Toronto. So, I was forced to keep two addresses with me, one is St. Johns (where my relatives live) and other one is Toronto (if they reject St. Johns, NL addresss).

However, back to the discussion point at Toronto, in applying as a Finiancial Service Representative in Banks, you need to have Investment Funds in Canada (IFIC) or CFIC certification. Having CSC certificaion is a clearly advantage, but not requiried in entry level or level 2 positions. But interestingly, in Calgary or other provinces, many people got bank jobs without the certifications and later they are required to pass the exam (within six months after joining). In toronto, many people are already having banking certifications and waitng to get breakthrough (including laid off people), so this led the banks in Toronto to recruit and prioritize certified people over the newcomers who are even well-experienced in overseas. On the otherhand, many recruiters are saying that financial job market in Toronto is not as good as it was 4-5 years back due to global economic recession.

Wish you all the best and happy new year 2013 in advance.

Thanks & regards,

SAYEK

Canada_4Ever

Star Member
Oct 24, 2012
Sharjah,United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2010
Doc's Request.
05-09-2010
AOR Received.
23-07-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with File
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Request
22-11-2012
Med's Done....
26-11-2012
Interview........
waived-Alhumdulillah
Passport Req..
19-12-2012 Alhumdulillah PP sent on 25th Dec.
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2013
LANDED..........
Inshallah soon when Allah willing.....

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mats said:
Hi Captain, Can I apply for my mothers super visa while she is already inside Canada on a normal single entry vistor visa? or do I need to wait till she exits?
Hi,

AFAIK, a PGP-Supervisa can be applied only from outside Canada... at a VO responsible for her country or region. Pls read here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=421&t=16

Applying from within Canada: If she is currently a temporary resident in Canada with a valid status (that is, a study or work permit only), she can apply for a new visitor visa to return to Canada before she leaves. Pls read here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-how.asp

Qorax

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
qorax said:
Hi,

AFAIK, a PGP-Supervisa can be applied only from outside Canada... at a VO responsible for her country or region. Pls read here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=421&t=16

Qorax
Thanks Captain

alibhai800

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2009
Doc's Request.
12-02-2010
File Transfer...
17-02-2010
Med's Request
15-06-2011 & 23-07-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2011 & 13-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 15 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Stamped on October 5 2012, Came back on Oct 15th 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013... InshaAllah
Re: Pregnancy Medical coverage

soby said:
3 Months Waiting period for OHIP means 90 Days from Landing....
Coverage doesn't begin even if you get your Medical Cards prior to the 90 days..
Hi Soby, I am landing in Vancouver, British Columbia. And on the welcomebc website it mentions the waiting period is the month in which I land plus two months. This way if I land on Jan 31, I am hoping it will count Jan as a full month plus two months which means my medical coverage will start April 1. My wife is pregnant and her delivery is on May 26th.

bestpal

Aug 5, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0111 Financial Controller
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
Doc's Request.
14-01-2010
AOR Received.
2nd on 25-06-2010
IELTS Request
8 Bands
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
06-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
PPs sent 05-11-2012! Visas stamped 15-11-2012 recd PPs back on 01-Dec-2012
LANDED..........
20 January 2013;,as God willed! Thank God for mercies!
Canada_4Ever said:
;)

Alhumdulillah

Friends !

I would like to share my progress on this forum as on 19 Dec 2012 I got an email for Passport request from CHC London.

Inshallah I would forward our passports next week and will sit again in the waiting line for getting the PPs back with visas inshallah.

Hope things would go smooth again and will be more quicker.

Thank you so much for all of you and your congrats in advance. !!!!

Fingers crossed !!! :)
Congrats! Time to rejoice! :)Send PPs at once! Be prepared for the lull in activity due to Christmas break!

Best Wishes!

Bestpal

SamySam

Dec 22, 2012
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
31-10-2012 / Sent on 18-11-2012 / LVO received 20-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2012
LANDED..........
21-01-2013
Shaikhzees said:
Dear All,

ALHAMDOLILLAH i got my visa stamped passports 4 days back and now have also booked tickets for myself and my family.

Now i just want to know, which forms i need to prepare in advance so that i may save some valuable time and all the hassle at the arrival airport.

Somebody did mention about a form of things which you are bringing with you, form for what you would be bringing the next time, Disembarkation card etc. So i thought it would be great if somebody out there could guide me on this and just list the name / codes of all these forms and requirements.

Thanks in advance to all you guys!

Rgds,
Shaikhzees

Can u pl advise when you submitted ur passports & to which visa office? Thx

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
SAYEK said:
Thanks for sharing your experiences. I do agree with you that jobseekers should not limit themselves to the Toronto only. Those who are in the field of banking/finance, I suggest to land directly to Calgary (Alberta) or Regina/Saskatun (Saskatchuan) rather than landing to Toronto and not to waste their valuable time. Toronto is extremely competitive and jobseekers often need to compete with local/experienced people who often get priority to the employers over the newcomers due to their canadian job experiences or degree.

Some might think whether landing would be allowed to the different provinces, if the place of landing is already mentioned in the initial application. I asked this question directly to the Immigration Officer, Pearson Toronto Airport. He told me that if the applicant is FSW, then he can land in any province (except the landing province restricts). But Provincial Nominee Applicant should land only to that province where they have applied. After I land in Toronto, I gave my corresponding/mailing address of St. Johns (Newfoundland Labrador Province) in order to get my PR card by post. It is well accepted by the officer, although my agency in Dubai misinformed me that I'm not allowed to give different provincial address If I land to Toronto. So, I was forced to keep two addresses with me, one is St. Johns (where my relatives live) and other one is Toronto (if they reject St. Johns, NL addresss).

However, back to the discussion point at Toronto, in applying as a Finiancial Service Representative in Banks, you need to have Investment Funds in Canada (IFIC) or CFIC certification. Having CSC certificaion is a clearly advantage, but not requiried in entry level or level 2 positions. But interestingly, in Calgary or other provinces, many people got bank jobs without the certifications and later they are required to pass the exam (within six months after joining). In toronto, many people are already having banking certifications and waitng to get breakthrough (including laid off people), so this led the banks in Toronto to recruit and prioritize certified people over the newcomers who are even well-experienced in overseas. On the otherhand, many recruiters are saying that financial job market in Toronto is not as good as it was 4-5 years back due to global economic recession.

Wish you all the best and happy new year 2013 in advance.

Thanks & regards,

SAYEK
Hi Sayek, Thanks for you informative post. do you have any ide about jobs in insurance or insurance related fields, which city is suitable, I have heard Toronto, because most of insurance companies are based in Toronto.
Thanks

Canada_4Ever

Star Member
Oct 24, 2012
Sharjah,United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2010
Doc's Request.
05-09-2010
AOR Received.
23-07-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with File
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Request
22-11-2012
Med's Done....
26-11-2012
Interview........
waived-Alhumdulillah
Passport Req..
19-12-2012 Alhumdulillah PP sent on 25th Dec.
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2013
LANDED..........
Inshallah soon when Allah willing.....
bestpal said:
Congrats! Time to rejoice! :)Send PPs at once! Be prepared for the lull in activity due to Christmas break!

Best Wishes!

Bestpal
Thank you so much BestPal, yes you are right the Christmas and New Year will impact on my waiting time ::)

I will keep posted everybody once some progress happens..

Thanks once again.