Med's Done....
Mar 13, 2010
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 07, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 18. 2010
It's been a while since I logged on here. On August 23 2012, I arrived in Toronto with my family after quitting my job in Abu Dhabi and cancelling my residence visa there... I started visiting the Welcome Center in Mississauga and attended the seminars they offer on Resume Writing, Writing Cover Letters, Interviewing Etiquette, Tips on giving interviews on-line, how to dress for the winter, etc.

I listened carefully at what they were advising and modified my resume accordingly. Being an engineer, I was not limiting myself to Toronto. Where ever there was a job add I would apply. I kept a detailed log of my applications because I would modify my resume according to the add. I would add "Key Words" used in the adds to my resume. I also removed all references to countries I had gained my experience in. I would describe the projects, the role and my achievements during my employment. In the interview when the location of the project would come up I would say, "Do you know where the tallest building in the worlds is located, the worlds first indoor ski resort, etc." and then I would tell them that I was working in the same country where those wonders are.

By the middle of September, I started getting phone calls and by the end of the month two employers had asked me for a second interview. I got my first job offer on October 10 from SNC Lavalin as a Project Quality Manager based in Calgary and I jumped at it. I have been working here for the last two months and its the same old stuff that we did in UAE except your responsibilities are a lot more defined and you end up doing much less in terms of scope of the job.

People, If you are in engineering or oil and gas related fiels do not waste your time in Toronto. Come to Calgary or Edmonton. There are lots of jobs here. I am working at the same position as I was in Abu Dhabi at almost the same pay (after taxes). Toronto is really nice place but there are a few jobs and the competition for those jobs is fierce!

Good luck!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Siawo said:
It's been a while since I logged on here. On August 23 2012, I arrived in Toronto with my family after quitting my job in Abu Dhabi and cancelling my residence visa there... I started visiting the Welcome Center in Mississauga and attended the seminars they offer on Resume Writing, Writing Cover Letters, Interviewing Etiquette, Tips on giving interviews on-line, how to dress for the winter, etc.

I listened carefully at what they were advising and modified my resume accordingly. Being an engineer, I was not limiting myself to Toronto. Where ever there was a job add I would apply. I kept a detailed log of my applications because I would modify my resume according to the add. I would add "Key Words" used in the adds to my resume. I also removed all references to countries I had gained my experience in. I would describe the projects, the role and my achievements during my employment. In the interview when the location of the project would come up I would say, "Do you know where the tallest building in the worlds is located, the worlds first indoor ski resort, etc." and then I would tell them that I was working in the same country where those wonders are.

By the middle of September, I started getting phone calls and by the end of the month two employers had asked me for a second interview. I got my first job offer on October 10 from SNC Lavalin as a Project Quality Manager based in Calgary and I jumped at it. I have been working here for the last two months and its the same old stuff that we did in UAE except your responsibilities are a lot more defined and you end up doing much less in terms of scope of the job.

People, If you are in engineering or oil and gas related fiels do not waste your time in Toronto. Come to Calgary or Edmonton. There are lots of jobs here. I am working at the same position as I was in Abu Dhabi at almost the same pay (after taxes). Toronto is really nice place but there are a few jobs and the competition for those jobs is fierce!

Good luck!
Hi,
Congrats!

With u, we now have 3 members of this thread who r with SNC-Lavalin! Two r here, in their Toronto office since quite some time... and now u at their Calgary office. That's wonderful.

All the best.
Qorax

Canada_4Ever

Star Member
Oct 24, 2012
Sharjah,United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2010
Doc's Request.
05-09-2010
AOR Received.
23-07-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with File
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Request
22-11-2012
Med's Done....
26-11-2012
Interview........
waived-Alhumdulillah
Passport Req..
19-12-2012 Alhumdulillah PP sent on 25th Dec.
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2013
LANDED..........
Inshallah soon when Allah willing.....
;)

Alhumdulillah

Friends !

I would like to share my progress on this forum as on 19 Dec 2012 I got an email for Passport request from CHC London.

Inshallah I would forward our passports next week and will sit again in the waiting line for getting the PPs back with visas inshallah.

Hope things would go smooth again and will be more quicker.

Thank you so much for all of you and your congrats in advance. !!!!

Fingers crossed !!! :)

glairlinez

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada_4Ever said:
;)

Alhumdulillah

Friends !

I would like to share my progress on this forum as on 19 Dec 2012 I got an email for Passport request from CHC London.

Inshallah I would forward our passports next week and will sit again in the waiting line for getting the PPs back with visas inshallah.

Congrats....

ramzy2277

Dec 21, 2011
Hi all,

I was used to get bank draft for canada through al fardan money exchange but unfortunately they said they stopped issueing the drafts, i went to other places like alansari and uae exchange but all said the same,so i wonder where to get bank drafts in abu dhabi, i heard some banks can do that, but do i have to have an account with them or not plz any advise would help.

Canada_4Ever

Star Member
Oct 24, 2012
Sharjah,United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2010
Doc's Request.
05-09-2010
AOR Received.
23-07-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with File
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Request
22-11-2012
Med's Done....
26-11-2012
Interview........
waived-Alhumdulillah
Passport Req..
19-12-2012 Alhumdulillah PP sent on 25th Dec.
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2013
LANDED..........
Inshallah soon when Allah willing.....
Hi Ramzy,

You can go to ADCB bank and just open an account free of charge and deposit money and ask them to make a draft it would take not more then 30 minutes. and its free ...

Cheers

Prav

Star Member
Aug 16, 2012
similar here..... my one is 25 days today.... and it's killing the patience .... ;D

vibbsfadn said:
Cant wait...22 days and passport is due anytime..... :D
When will you come oh VISA!

Prav

Star Member
Aug 16, 2012
congratulations!!

Canada_4Ever said:
;)

Alhumdulillah

Friends !

mera

Dec 21, 2012
hi,

dear all, i live in dubai and my file has been refused from london office .today i recieved a refund please tell me where to go and what should i do to have this money with me
to which bank i can take that paper?

anpudan

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2009
Doc's Request.
20-01-2010
AOR Received.
06-07-2010
Med's Request
14-03-2012
Med's Done....
14-05-2012
Interview........
looks like waived
Passport Req..
13-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-01-2013
LANDED..........
March 2013
mera said:
hi,

dear all, i live in dubai and my file has been refused from london office .today i recieved a refund please tell me where to go and what should i do to have this money with me
So sad to hear that. Why they refuced your application?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Canada_4Ever said:
;)

Alhumdulillah

Friends !

Congrats!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ramzy2277 said:
Hi all,

I was used to get bank draft for canada through al fardan money exchange but unfortunately they said they stopped issueing the drafts, i went to other places like alansari and uae exchange but all said the same,so i wonder where to get bank drafts in abu dhabi, i heard some banks can do that, but do i have to have an account with them or not plz any advise would help.
Hi,

AFAIK Al Fardan & UAE Exch r still issuing drafts... as last as Nov-12 that I know, 'coz I got mine [from them] while returning here. BTW most banks do so too, the intl ones definitely do (e.g. Citi, HSBC RBS etc.). And u don't require an a/c with them.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mera said:
hi,

U could deposit that in ur a/c at any bank.

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
Hi Captain, Can I apply for my mothers super visa while she is already inside Canada on a normal single entry vistor visa? or do I need to wait till she exits?

sterileinjection

Jul 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/08/2011
AOR Received.
11/11/2011
IELTS Request
sent
File Transfer...
16/01/2012
Med's Request
24/01/2012
Med's Done....
13/02/2012
Interview........
blank
Passport Req..
05/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/04/2012
LANDED..........
31/5/2012
Canada_4Ever said:
;)

Alhumdulillah

Friends !

congratssssss