01-04-2014
Passport Req..
24-06-2014 (PPR1), 27-06-2014 (PPR2)
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
26th July 2014
Thanks a lot Brother dhuesseini.
I am really grateful for this information.

bestpal

Aug 5, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0111 Financial Controller
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
Doc's Request.
14-01-2010
AOR Received.
2nd on 25-06-2010
IELTS Request
8 Bands
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
06-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
PPs sent 05-11-2012! Visas stamped 15-11-2012 recd PPs back on 01-Dec-2012
LANDED..........
20 January 2013;,as God willed! Thank God for mercies!
honeyflower said:
Good morning all

I need a urgent help.

We completed our medicals and sent it to LVO. got a reply from them saying that they have received our medicals, but need prof of funds (80,000 AED). We hadn't expected this now (we knew funds are needed before landing), so this request from LVO has caught us off guard.

My husband is principal applicant and I'm co-applicant. We have funds in India , nothing here. However, my husband doesn't have a bank account in India, only I have a bank account there.

Can I show my account for proof of funds, although I'm not the principal applicant ?

I'm planning to provide a balance confirmation letter as I will be diverting funds into this account for a short period.

Please please reply urgently.

Many thanks in advance
Spousal Funds Proof is OK. No worries. No need todivert now. But get an original BANK'S Letter plus original statements etc to prove.

Best of luck!

Bestpal

MasterBlaster

Sep 30, 2012
To all my dear friends in Dubai..just a repost fyi

After 11 months of relentless pursuit and struggles, I have managed to land in my first full-time job last week. Yes its a good news, notwithstanding the enormous pressure me and my wife had to go through after landing. In fact, by Oct end we had just 500 dollars as balance in our account, and was almost on the verge of returning back to Dubai. Despite my mid to senior management experience, spanning over 9 years in Strategic HR Operations, combined with working at top Dubai based multinationals, I had to volunteer for 6 full months in Toronto before getting into my first full-time job. It was very difficult for me to digest such a thing as volunteering when I first landed. But that's how the system works here. 90% of the Canadian employers look for candidates who can be culturally fit for their organization. And its very important how you convince them on that!!! Hence I decided to share a few words of advice for all those excited people out there, who are planning their landing soon!!

Relocating and settling in Canada works in a totally different way. Every case is different and it all depends on your Present Situation and Your needs. Please do remember "You are migrating to a new place - On the hopes of Better Life, not for a adjusting or compromising life". It is not related to your qualifications, or experience - the system is Different NOT Difficult, which cannot be explained by writing. Everyone has to come to Canadian Loop to understand and enjoy this.

Because immigrants are welcomed, Canada has so many immigrants, ironically, you may actually find you are competing with many of your country men/women even when you get here. In kind of a twisted way: you are not really a "minority" and will find it just as difficult, if not more difficult. Canadian employers will not be jumping up and down because you have had overseas experience - so many people here have that. So, in and of itself, your experience just being overseas will not necessarily "seal the deal".

Also, when one examines everything you have to wonder why people want to focus mostly on Toronto. Alberta has the lowest unemployment rate in the world (4.3%) right now and trying to find a job is very easy. While there are 100,000 jobs in Alberta that are seeking workers, there is still a labor shortage mainly because of the baby boomers who have retired creating this drain on the labor market.

I would encourage anyone who wants to come to Canada to first get trained in a vocation that is in demand (become a welder, a pipe fitter, a mechanic) anything with a trade. A Journeyman Welder can earn $46.00 per hour anywhere in Alberta but a dentist can't find employment. Drivers of heavy equipment earn $150,000 a year working in the oil industry. So find out which jobs are most in demand and get trained in one of those fields and don't stay stuck on finding employment in your field of certification. LEARN A NEW SKILL.............reinvent yourself first.

So do your research, before choosing Toronto, and my suggestion - make a full research till you get tired, identify needs, try to get a proper Job / Specified income which you are ready to accept - then you can enjoy your stay in Canada.

Careful with your qualifications and/or experience - depending - may nor be transferable to Canada. .Many certificates and/or uni degrees are not recognized here. Your expertise may enable you to move here - but your "paper" or "transcript" etc may not be transferable here.....

Disappointment and desperation are the only things you'd get if you've set your expectations too high, and this is commonly happening to those who end up moving without prior research. While awaiting for your visa visa, its very important you research a lot, what's in demand, market dynamics in your field, alternates and local skills that you need to acquire there. This is something everyone of us should be aware of before the much awaited 'LANDING'.

Take as much funds with you as possible, not just the minimum suggested by CIC. I would suggest that you take at least savings for the first one year. Be prepared for a change in lifestyle. Try adapting to the Canadian lifestyle. Start building professional network even before the time you land. Times have changed and social media has evolved rapidly.world has shrunk - try LinkedIn(don't ask for jobs directly, they'll throw you out of their network, rather your profile should be strong enough to impress).

Ensure English (or French) and other skill sets are up to snuff. In many areas of the country (particularly urban), you would be speaking with others all speaking English or French with their own accents (not necessarily Canadian origin). And so proficiency is almost more important than ever since you will be hearing the languages spoken so differently by so many different people with so many different backgrounds... the plus side is most people here will have heard English (and French) spoken with your accent - but not necessarily the other way around?

Repurpose your application and resume for each job you apply for rather than a broad brushstroke. Start reading job boards, job descriptions and essential equirements, this should give you an idea of what background a Canadian employer seeks from candidates.

The list can go on, and on, so prepare yourself mentally to face these challenges.

That being said, I feel privileged to live here so far..and I love Canada ;D

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
honeyflower said:
Good morning all

I need a urgent help.

We completed our medicals and sent it to LVO. got a reply from them saying that they have received our medicals, but need prof of funds (80,000 AED). We hadn't expected this now (we knew funds are needed before landing), so this request from LVO has caught us off guard.

My husband is principal applicant and I'm co-applicant. We have funds in India , nothing here. However, my husband doesn't have a bank account in India, only I have a bank account there.

Can I show my account for proof of funds, although I'm not the principal applicant ?

I'm planning to provide a balance confirmation letter as I will be diverting funds into this account for a short period.

Please please reply urgently.

Many thanks in advance
Yes u can.
In fact the funds could be in any of the family member's account/s (or in multiple names & multiple products), anywhere in the globe.

Relax!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Visiting Dubai on Nov-9th

Hi Guys,

I will be leaving for Dubai on Nov-8th. If anyone desires anything from here (eg. PRCs to be brought in) - pls do not hesitate to touchbase with me.

Regards,

Qorax

bestpal

Aug 5, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0111 Financial Controller
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
Doc's Request.
14-01-2010
AOR Received.
2nd on 25-06-2010
IELTS Request
8 Bands
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
06-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
PPs sent 05-11-2012! Visas stamped 15-11-2012 recd PPs back on 01-Dec-2012
LANDED..........
20 January 2013;,as God willed! Thank God for mercies!
qorax said:

Hi Guys,

I will be leaving for Dubai on Nov-8th. If anyone desires anything from here (eg. PRCs to be brought in) - pls do not hesitate to touchbase with me.

Regards,

Qorax
Welcome Captain Sahib,

We are pleased to have this great news. :)

Thanks for your lovely offer. 8) Do let us know if anything is to be handled/attended at this side.

Have a wonderful journey.

Best Wishes,

Bestpal

pithuda

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2009
Doc's Request.
05-02-2010
File Transfer...
10-02-2010
Med's Request
10-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012 & 10-06-2014 (Remedical)
Interview........
01-04-2014
Passport Req..
24-06-2014 (PPR1), 27-06-2014 (PPR2)
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
26th July 2014
Hi Superman Qorax,
Why are you called a Captain? Are you ex-military? which country?
Regards,

bestpal said:
Welcome Captain Sahib,

We are pleased to have this great news. :)

Thanks for your lovely offer. 8) Do let us know if anything is to be handled/attended at this side.

Have a wonderful journey.

Best Wishes,

Bestpal

er2d2g

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Burlington,ON Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2007
Med's Request
06-12-2011
Med's Done....
28-12-2011
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2012
LANDED..........
21-06-2012
qorax said:

Hi Guys,

Regards,

Qorax
Hi Qorax

Hope to meet up with you this time when you are down

er2d2g

unmarried

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
14th Jun 2012
Med's Done....
17th Jul 2012
Passport Req..
20th Aug 2012
VISA ISSUED...
26th Sep 2012
LANDED..........
InsAllah before Jul 2013
qorax said:

Hi Guys,

Regards,

Qorax
Hi Cap, how long will you stay here? can I get ur DXB number? I'm planning to land to Toronto at the end of the month. As I have no one there (not even a friend), I would like discuss with you. Perhaps, it would give me some confidence to survive alone at the initial stage.

Wish you a safe journey.

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
Welcome Captain.... :)

qorax said:

Hi Guys,

Regards,

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
unmarried said:
Hi Cap, how long will you stay here? can I get ur DXB number? I'm planning to land to Toronto at the end of the month. As I have no one there (not even a friend), I would like discuss with you. Perhaps, it would give me some confidence to survive alone at the initial stage.

Wish you a safe journey.
Ma'am,

I'll be returning back on Nov-25th night by KLM. If u haven't booked ur tkt yet - u could fly with me. Meanwhile, many of our Dxb members (like Biju, SatDxb, Bestpal etc.) know my contacts - u could spk with them & meet me anytime.

Regards,
Qorax

dubaiite

May 3, 2011
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
1-11-2012
LANDED..........
24-3-2013
qorax said:

Hi Guys,

Regards,

Qorax
Captain Want to meet u ...... Can u please spare some time ??

Mr.Engineer

VIP Member
Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
nov 2014 [color=red]ye sab tera karam hai ALLAH verna meri itni aukaat na thi[/color]
LANDED..........
landed jan 2015 MashaAllah
any applicant whose visa officer is NMP?
is NMP officer for interview or MR ?

drA

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
dubai,UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan.2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11.10.2012, DM-06.11.2012
VISA ISSUED...
01.11.2012, Received PP back-17.11.2012
LANDED..........
Inshallah feb,2013
Mr.Engineer said:
any applicant whose visa officer is NMP?
is NMP officer for interview or MR ?
mine is NMP,no interview for me,just MR in march,2012.
Regards.