+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"DUBAI APPLICANTS" **Let's Network & Get Connected**

abiraj143

May 19, 2012
Hello Friends, I got below information, which can be helpful for friends who want to open Bank account in Canada before landing.

Contact on below no's. I have yet not tried them, but sure will try.

Royal Bank of Canada
PO Box 3614, Dubai, UAE
Tel: +971-4-2225226
Fax: +971-4-2215687

Royal bank of Canada
rbc.com/canada/banking-packages/index.html

1) Available only to newcomers to Canada who have arrived in Canada within the last year and who show proof of permanent resident status. Also available to newcomers to Canada that have arrived between 1 - 3 years when clients switch their account from another financial institution using CustomSwitch®. Other conditions apply. See branch for details. This offer may be withdrawn at any time and is subject to change without notice.

2) Monthly fee will be waived for the first 12 months upon account opening. Monthly fee is $4.00. Other account transaction fees may apply. Applies to the RBC Day to Day Banking® account only. Available only to newcomers to Canada who have arrived in Canada within the last year and who show proof of permanent resident status. Also available to newcomers to Canada that have arrived between 1 - 3 years when clients switch their account from another financial institution using CustomSwitch®. Other conditions apply. See branch for details. This offer may be withdrawn at any time and is subject to change without notice.

3) Must be used during the monthly cycle in which the transactions or transfers were made.

4) Totals are not cumulative, and if not used, they cannot be carried over into the next applicable month or year. 15 monthly debits of any kind are included. Each debit transaction after 15 will be charged at $0.65 per transaction.

5) Subject to credit approval or security deposit. Eligible credit cards include: RBC Rewards Visa Gold, Signature® RBC® Rewards Visa‡, RBC® Visa Cash Back, RBC Royal Bank® Visa Platinum Avion® and RBC Royal Bank Visa Classic Low Rate.

6) One year's free rental of a small safe deposit box, where available.

7) This program is offered exclusively to RBC Royal Bank credit cardholders and is not offered in branches. Cityfone Telecommunications Inc. (“Cityfone”), operated by Rogers Communications Partnership, is the reseller, biller and wireless service provider for the Talk & Save wireless Program and provides all customer support and enrollment.

Best Wishes,
Abiraj

maroof

Jan 11, 2010
Hi everyone,

I would like some help from some senior member of this forum, I have applied for sponsoring my kids (minors) from UAE 2 years ago and have asked by the immigration office to send further details which I have few months back. Now that for the past 30-40 days from CIC website the status of my kids application shown as "decision made" and that we should wait for the decision in our mail.

The problem is that both parents (myself and kids mother) are living abroad and I am told by some of my friends that we may receive a refusal of my kids if both parents are living abroad, eventhough that I have explicitly mentioned in the application that we (myself and wife) will be moving to Canada upon receiving the kids approval to travel to Canada. Please note that I am Canadian Citizen and my wife is permanent resident living abroad for the past 5 years.

Please help me with any comments that you can assist me with as I wouldn't know what to expect and if incase my application is met with refusal what would be the next step we should take or else is it normal to receive the secession letter with this much of delays.

Appreciate any help in this regards.

er2d2g

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Burlington,ON Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2007
Med's Request
06-12-2011
Med's Done....
28-12-2011
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2012
LANDED..........
21-06-2012
barthlal said:
with grace of God visa stamped on passports. Special thanks to Mr Biju & Mr Qorax and every one for their support.

Good luck to all and pray every one should get the same.

Thanks
Congrats

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
maroof said:
Hi everyone,

I would like some help from some senior member of this forum, I have applied for sponsoring my kids (minors) from UAE 2 years ago and have asked by the immigration office to send further details which I have few months back. Now that for the past 30-40 days from CIC website the status of my kids application shown as "decision made" and that we should wait for the decision in our mail.

The problem is that both parents (myself and kids mother) are living abroad and I am told by some of my friends that we may receive a refusal of my kids if both parents are living abroad, eventhough that I have explicitly mentioned in the application that we (myself and wife) will be moving to Canada upon receiving the kids approval to travel to Canada. Please note that I am Canadian Citizen and my wife is permanent resident living abroad for the past 5 years.

Please help me with any comments that you can assist me with as I wouldn't know what to expect and if incase my application is met with refusal what would be the next step we should take or else is it normal to receive the secession letter with this much of delays.

Appreciate any help in this regards.
For sponsorship apps reg. family members it's a requirement that the sponsor (any one of the parents) resides in Canada while applying AND continue to reside here from applying to it's completion. Else, the apps might be rejected.

Qorax

EDIT dt. 24/5/2012: However, since u r a Canadian citizen the foregoing do not apply to u. Thus, with that DM I'd assume that ur kids' pps r stamped. U'd be receiving them shortly, Relax!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
barthlal said:
with grace of God visa stamped on passports. Special thanks to Mr Biju & Mr Qorax and every one for their support.

Thanks
Congrats!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
haltsys said:
Dear Captain, Mr. Biju and all other forum members!

I want to file an official complaint about the fraudulent conduct of my consultant. I want to do it because I do not want any more people to be cheated by them.

I would appreciate if anyone could lead me to the respective authorities in Canada (email address or website, etc.), so I can fulfill my purpose.

Prompt reply and contribution from everyone would be highly appreciated.

Best regards to everyone around!

Cheers :)
Hi,

U could complain to ICCRC, Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council here:
http://www.iccrc-crcic.ca/public/complaintsDiscipline.cfm

Qorax

Wicked Blues

Mar 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
December 2012
barthlal said:

Thanks
Congrats Dude.... ;)

ssinghdxb

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Dubai - UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
barthlal said:

Thanks
Congratulations

ssinghdxb

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Dubai - UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramzy2277 said:
my work experience is in English........my question is can a legal translator make a true copy for my english written work experience certificate, provided that this legal translator is duly licensed and sworn by the ministry of justice......to make such true copies.......or only i have to go to dubai courts or abu dhabi courts for the notary public.....plz be acurate.....becuz i have to take 2 hour leave from work to do this.....if legal translator then i think its easy....for me as they r avaliable
abhihappy said:
As per my understanding , if you are not sending orignals All documenst needs to be notorised attested as true copy and not translated, there are two options , Option 1 is getting it done in Dubai , it is a long process which will involve a trip to Ministry of foreign affairs and then to notory office at ministry of justice or interior , cost was 120 dhs per document , i got this option checked in 2010 when i was sending my documents to LVO. The second option , which i used was i flew down to India , met my parents , went to local court , and got all the documents notorised attested. It was 2 hours work , costed 5 dhs per document. I had 62 documents which i had to get attested, All my and my wifes educational certificates , experiance letters and other documents. SO it was cheaper and lot efficient.and since i did not get any request from LVO regarding the documents after that and the fact that i got my Visa , i think all my efforst paid off,
abhihappy is absolutly correct ! to answer your query Legal translators would not take up true copy attestation, I was refused. But for CIC notary attestation is fine, it can be from India or Dubai. If you know some lawyer it can be done here itself. My agent got the same done by their legal lawyer for I guess AED 35 per paper but this was only one paper but even i went to india for all the attestation during dodument submission. I would cost you a lot here.

regards

hiema581

Jun 1, 2010
Alexandria, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2010
AOR Received.
16-05-2010
File Transfer...
09-03-2010
Med's Request
18-03-2012
Med's Done....
26-04-2012
Passport Req..
28-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2012
LANDED..........
02-09-2012
Hi All,

I have a question and I hope that someone out there would be able to provide an answer.

I am expecting to receive the passports request soon, and I am currently residing in Dubai. My question is; is it okay to send the passports via DHL to the visa office in Cairo, Egypt ? are there any legal restrictions on that matter? Should I take any particular precautions?

I would really appreciate an answer from anyone had gone through the same experience

Thanks and have a wonderful one :)

abhihappy

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hiema581 said:
Hi All,

I have a question and I hope that someone out there would be able to provide an answer.

I am expecting to receive the passports request soon, and I am currently residing in Dubai. My question is; is it okay to send the passports via DHL to the visa office in Cairo, Egypt ? are there any legal restrictions on that matter? Should I take any particular precautions?

I would really appreciate an answer from anyone had gone through the same experience

Till such time you are sending passports to counsalate and embassy for visa purpose there is no legal restriction.

shahkunalj

Oct 26, 2010
Congratulation.... :)

barthlal said:

Thanks

hiema581

Jun 1, 2010
Alexandria, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2010
AOR Received.
16-05-2010
File Transfer...
09-03-2010
Med's Request
18-03-2012
Med's Done....
26-04-2012
Passport Req..
28-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2012
LANDED..........
02-09-2012
abhihappy said:
Till such time you are sending passports to counsalate and embassy for visa purpose there is no legal restriction.
Thank you very much abhihappy.... any other opinions ?!

abhihappy

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hiema581 said:
Thank you very much abhihappy.... any other opinions ?!
Send it via DHL, Fedex , Aramex as these are more reliable than others, and make sure that you declare to courier company that you are sending passport for visa issuance purpose, that is it, best of luck

ssinghdxb

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Dubai - UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hiema581 said:
Hi All,

abhihappy said:
Send it via DHL, Fedex , Aramex as these are more reliable than others, and make sure that you declare to courier company that you are sending passport for visa issuance purpose, that is it, best of luck
I would suggest to use priority services of courier company by declaring the passport shipment, as suggested by abhihappy.

Thanks