Dec 23, 2009
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Bharath,

yeah mate ... now i just tracked it online. What i thought was right. They(sydney visa off) received the application there on 5th of Oct 09(which i actually made the contract and payment with the consltnt on 23rd of Nov2008 ) ..and send the file no.to me on 8 th Dec09 (which i rcvd on second day ) (which means actually it took only one month to get the So called File No. you know thes guys(agent) keep on telling me that my it is under process.., and i waited for a long one year without any reason..i am not going to complain..,reason -- they may play again.
heey this is a warning for all the beginners. coz i remember they made me few paymnt options. Either i should pay fully or in instlmnts. I never know that they are going to hold my application till the paymnt get through.... Any way it's all life....(learning period)...

thanks buddy and take care....

ather8888

Dec 16, 2009
qorax said:
No my friend, it'll not affect anything anywhere. But, generally the understanding is that u should email CHC directly only after a considerable time has gone by. Else, let the consultant do it.

Note: U cannot contact CIC-NS.
THANKS

gp2010

Dec 25, 2009
Hello there,

First of all thank you for starting such a great topic.

I am a newbie here. I am considering applying for Canadian resident visa. Can you please suggest me any good consultant/lawyer in Abu dhabi / Dubai.

Thanks a lot
gp

shuaib

Dec 26, 2009
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
20-08-2010
File Transfer...
13-04-2010
Med's Request
Pending (6-12months letter received)
Hi pals,

I am new here... I work in Dubai (Pakistani National). Before anyone ask me at what level is my case, let me tell this frankly... I am at LEVEL ZERO.... that is.... I will start the process soon. And I am in this status for last 6 months or so.

I want to know that which agent/consultant is good in Dubai?

I make around 73 points, where 67 is required. So, touching 67 level is not a big deal for me.

So, my confusion is... sometimes I think about applying myself, but I don't have too much knowledge in this domain. Problem about going through consultant is that I don't want to waste too much money on them. For example, paying 6K to 9K AED is good for a person who is roughly scoring 64 points and consultant can help him jump 67 level. For me it seems to be a total wastage, as I may save this money if I apply myself. So, I am unable to make a decision.

Secondly, I met a couple of consultants, I was not impressed with them. I asked one of them "Why should I pay this much money to you, when I can do it myself", but I was not satisfied with the responce. The consultant's personality didn't reflect the knowledge and wisdom he was claiming about. So maybe I was not meeting the right person. I don't need a data entry person just to fill, verify and submit my form.

So, can someone please recommend me a good consultant in Dubai or Sharjah? (Don't recommend me just to earn commission for yourself).

Supplementary Question: Being a resident in Dubai, will I apply through London or through Nova Scotia? Any difference? Any advantages or disadvantages?

ather8888

Dec 16, 2009
shuaib said:
Hi pals,

I am new here... I work in Dubai (Pakistani National). Before anyone ask me at what level is my case, let me tell this frankly... I am at LEVEL ZERO.... that is.... I will start the process soon. And I am in this status for last 6 months or so.

I want to know that which agent/consultant is good in Dubai?

I make around 73 points, where 67 is required. So, touching 67 level is not a big deal for me.

So, my confusion is... sometimes I think about applying myself, but I don't have too much knowledge in this domain. Problem about going through consultant is that I don't want to waste too much money on them. For example, paying 6K to 9K AED is good for a person who is roughly scoring 64 points and consultant can help him jump 67 level. For me it seems to be a total wastage, as I may save this money if I apply myself. So, I am unable to make a decision.

Secondly, I met a couple of consultants, I was not impressed with them. I asked one of them "Why should I pay this much money to you, when I can do it myself", but I was not satisfied with the responce. The consultant's personality didn't reflect the knowledge and wisdom he was claiming about. So maybe I was not meeting the right person. I don't need a data entry person just to fill, verify and submit my form.

So, can someone please recommend me a good consultant in Dubai or Sharjah? (Don't recommend me just to earn commission for yourself).

Supplementary Question: Being a resident in Dubai, will I apply through London or through Nova Scotia? Any difference? Any advantages or disadvantages?
AOA
u must hire some consultant because there r a lot of technical problems in application processing. So i suggest u to go for some experienced consultant
who can prepare and follow up ur application in a professional way.I can give u one reference of Aries Intl.. u can contact them. i Have also applied through that consultant. But u hhave to follow up ur case strictly even though u getting it from consultant because consultants have normally so many files and they can not pay full attention to each file. So it would be ur own duty to follow up with consultant with the passage of time. u can also send me email at ather8888@yahoo.com if u need any further assistance.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
To GP2010 & Shuaib,

Firstly, welcome into this forum thread.

Secondly, Shuaib I don't think anyone in this forum is here to earn some money from our brothers, sisters & friends. And I'm also not aware that a consultant offers some dough to anyone. Your view-point, in the initial stages on this forum, might not look good.

CONSULTANTS VS D.I.Y.:
This issues has been dealt manytime over this forum, plz check-it out in: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/consultants-or-on-your-own-t29738.0.html; Actualy, with the 'fast track' system, now-a-days, we don't require a consultant at all. The process is quite simple, the CIC Guide is complete & informative and furums like this are all that u need. Unless, there is some concern with ourselves reg time saving, exp vs qual confusions, mix-up of the 38 list etc.

CONSULTANTS IN UAE:
If one has to hire a consultant in the UAE, kindly first ensure that he is listed & approved at www.cic.gc.ca. Thereafter google those names and check who of them are in the UAE. As Shuaib had already casted his aspersions, I'd refrain from naming any. Morover, I'm not sure of those consultant's capabilities either. Some other member/s might dig-into it.

WHICH CHC TO APPLY?
Being expatriates, the CIC gives us a choice between out 'citizenship country's CHC' or the the 'country of residence's CHC'. In which case, it is 'London' for the UAE. It really depends on oneself as to what we chose. Typically, London seemed to be faster during 2009 vis-a-vis Islamabad or New Delhi. But, whether that'd remain in 2010 is yet to be ascertained. But any other CHC we can not opt for.

Hope that helps.

R

reddydxb

good day,

dear dubai applicants please help me out on my issues,

I am planning to start my process from dubai, can anybody tell me which option is the best 1) applying my self or 2) through the consultancy.

if I start through any consultancy which is the best in Dubai.

BEST OF LUCK U ALL DUBAI APPLICANTS....................

thanks & regards,

REDDYDXB :)

rajadada

Star Member
Oct 20, 2008
UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOA,
I m planning to submit my application next week.
Could any one can give information about bank draft for application fees. From which bank in Dubai i can pay this payment through draft or money order. Please give me bank name or money exchanger name.
Thanks and best regards.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
reddydxb said:
good day, dear dubai applicants please help me out on my issues, I am planning to start my process from dubai, can anybody tell me which option is the best

1) applying my self or 2) through the consultancy.

if I start through any consultancy which is the best in Dubai. BEST OF LUCK U ALL DUBAI APPLICANTS.................... thanks & regards,

REDDYDXB :)
Hi Reddy,
Welcome here. Plz see my post above yours for your query.
Regards.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
rajadada said:
AOA,
I m planning to submit my application next week.
Could any one can give information about bank draft for application fees. From which bank in Dubai i can pay this payment through draft or money order. Please give me bank name or money exchanger name.
Thanks and best regards.
Hi Raja,
All Drafts for the CIC/CHC can be made from any money exchange in Dubai/UAE. Eg. Al Ghurair Exch, UAE Exch, Al Rostamani Exch etc. Besides any & evey bank will also make it. I made mine from UAE Exchange.
Regards.

JM09

Star Member
Dec 23, 2009
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear all,

according to my agent Bank Cirtificate is enough for proof of fund. Is that right...? how many months i should maintain the fund . Once i submitted the documents can i withdraw the money, as it's not easy for me to maintain the fund in my account. Is there any case that london off requested twice for the proof of fund...if yes is the answer please inform me, at what stage of process they will ask ....

Seniors Pls advsie ...........

skynet

Oct 18, 2009
Hi Guys ,

My name is Aziz from Algeria ,I live in Dubai and I've received the file number in May 2009 ,sent the documents on October 2009 ,then I did the TEF french language test on 8th December 2009 .According to my consultant it'll take 2 or 3 months to receive the feedback from London office .What do you think ? is this a raison able period ?

ather8888

Dec 16, 2009
skynet said:
Hi Guys ,

My name is Aziz from Algeria ,I live in Dubai and I've received the file number in May 2009 ,sent the documents on October 2009 ,then I did the TEF french language test on 8th December 2009 .According to my consultant it'll take 2 or 3 months to receive the feedback from London office .What do you think ? is this a raison able period ?
Welcome Mr. Aziz
Normally consultant themselves dont know about time limit. they can guess only bcoz nobody can understand CIC. It has its own time table, For some cases they make processing very fast and for others very slow. My online status is showing "in process" since August 2009 and did not get any feed back.
so that's y be prepared urself for long delay. But may be they process it very fast. it depends on them totally. we can do any thing really.

Thanks

waqas_rehman20

Sep 26, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear

I m frm UAE 2
I m filin my app myself , is there anyone who can check my filled forms?or I can send those by email?