No
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2012
LANDED..........
21-06-2012
Rawat anil said:
Thanks Vinod do you have any idea on how to get PCC from dubai.
Hi Anil

You can get PCC in Dubai at the big police station near the Port in Satwa or if you are in Deira at the CID close to Galadari - Before you go for the finger printing get a form typed from a typing centre - most of them have it and make sure you specify its for Canada

Hope that helps

er2d2g

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dear All,

We successfully landed at Toronto Pearson on 27th July. The hardest part through out the journey was the long and tiring 14 hours of direct flight. Once landed, the process was quite straight forward and smooth. The immigration officer only asked how much money we were carrying. He didn't ask to show the funds to him. We hired a porter at the time of baggage collection since we were carrying lots of suitcases. The customs official wasn't interested in looking at the pictures of the jewellery that we were carrying with us as well as the excel sheets of the items that we were carrying. I asked him again if he needs to see the jewellery pictures and he said they are needed only if the jewellery is included in "Goods to Follow". Right now, we are living in a hotel in North York. We will go tomorrow to Services Canada for SIN and then to the bank to open up an account. I am starting my new job on 1st August as I was fortunate enough to secure a job in my own field before landing. Also, I have an interview to attend tomorrow with a company in Mississauga. All in all, it feels good to be in Canada so far, but having a feeling of isolation as well since we used to have a very healthy social life in Dubai. Hope to overcome this feeling in future. More on all these things to come as the days go by. Best wishes to all.

Sincerely.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ja77 said:
Dear All,

We successfully landed at Toronto Pearson on 27th July. The hardest part through out the journey was the long and tiring 14 hours of direct flight. Once landed, the process was quite straight forward and smooth. The immigration officer only asked how much money we were carrying. He didn't ask to show the funds to him. We hired a porter at the time of baggage collection since we were carrying lots of suitcases. The customs official wasn't interested in looking at the pictures of the jewellery that we were carrying with us as well as the excel sheets of the items that we were carrying. I asked him again if he needs to see the jewellery pictures and he said they are needed only if the jewellery is included in "Goods to Follow". Right now, we are living in a hotel in North York. We will go tomorrow to Services Canada for SIN and then to the bank to open up an account. I am starting my new job on 1st August as I was fortunate enough to secure a job in my own field before landing. Also, I have an interview to attend tomorrow with a company in Mississauga. All in all, it feels good to be in Canada so far, but having a feeling of isolation as well since we used to have a very healthy social life in Dubai. Hope to overcome this feeling in future. More on all these things to come as the days go by. Best wishes to all.

Sincerely.
Welcome to Canada, ja77!

er2d2g

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Burlington,ON Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2007
Med's Request
06-12-2011
Med's Done....
28-12-2011
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2012
LANDED..........
21-06-2012
Our landing experience

Hi All

I'm writing below our long overdue landing experience

We flew Swiss Air from DXB via Zurich. The halt at Zurich was for 6 hours but thanx to to the connecting Air Canada flight ( code share with Swiss) we got delayed by another 2 hours (I heard from friends that Air Canada getting delayed is a normal thing). Both the flights were good.
I landed in Toronto in the last week of June with my wife and 2 daughters.
The lady there actually asked me if I had a job - when I said no she asked me if I planned to look for one. I smiled and said "Yes first thing tomorrow"
We were then sent to a waiting area where we submitted our Passports and COPR.
The "landing" process took only 5 mins but with the wait times made it like 1/2 an hour.
We landed on a Friday so took time on Saturday and Sunday to familiarize ourselves with the TTC. Thats the public transport system which operates Trains,Buses and Streetcars(Trams)
For all those people who are planning to land soon do visit -
www.ttc.ca
- great resource for information on the public transport in Toronto and it also helps you plan your trips
We visited a couple of malls bought groceries and got a general feel of the place.
We stayed at furnished apts at Sheppard and Yonge
The great thing about this location is there was a mini mall across the road with a Tim Hortons - so the days when we were not making Bfast at home we ate there. The basement of the mall had the Sheppard TTC station so all we had to do was cross the road.
First thing on Monday morning we applied for our SIN cards - again the location helped since we were walking distance from a Service Canada - took about 30 mins filled a form and we received our SIN numbers on the spot although the actual cards come in the mail later
We then went across to a Drive Test centre to open our driving files - both my wife and me had our experience letters from Dubai so we were immediately eligible for applying for a roadtest after our written test
I'm sure most of you have the driving experience but you should buy the Drivers handbook and study before you give the G1 written test
Also do practice on
www.apnatoronto.com - great resource again
The moment you pass you should apply for a road test date - I appeared for the G2 and passed - G will e the next time I visit :) which will be when we move permanently
After this we went to TD bank and opened our various accounts and applied for our credit cards
In case you have missed it earlier in the forum make sure you apply for the credit card even if you need to set aside some money as guarantee as its very important to start building your credit history in canada
This will help in the future when you want to buy a house and get mortgage from the bank
After this we were tourists and saw most of the touristy things - CN Tower, Niagara, Museum,Zoo,Science Centre, Malls etc.
We met a couple of friends and got their feedback on life in Canada as well
Overall it was a wonderful experience
People were friendly
The only drawback of the trip was it was really hot - 35 deg C and it hardly rained while we were there
We started our journey in May 2007 so it was a long time but it was worth the wait.
Hope this experience helps
I'm happy to answer any questions people might have based on our time there to the best of my ability - for the answers I don't know I will always refer you to the seniors
We are back in Dubai and planning for our permanent move
All the best
er2d2g

er2d2g

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Burlington,ON Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2007
Med's Request
06-12-2011
Med's Done....
28-12-2011
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2012
LANDED..........
21-06-2012
ja77 said:
Dear All,

Sincerely.
All the best

glairlinez

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
er2d2g said:
All the best
Congrats for successful journey to both of you (er2d2g & ja77) and thanks for sharing, wishing you best of luck; don't forget to put us in prayer so that we can experience what you have tasted in Canada.

glairlinez...

Rawat anil

May 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 jan 2012
AOR Received.
feb 2012
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
12 July 2012
Med's Done....
02 Aug 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11 oct 2012 DM on 15 oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
22 nov 2012
LANDED..........
16 jan 2013
Thanks Qorax for the quick reply. my passport is been issuse in new delhi india. and cic gave me only 60 days to sumit the PCC. and letter had been issused 12 july 2012. so i dont have the 45 days with me what your suggestion. i'm totally confused.

qorax said:
U can apply for it at the Indian Consulate. If u've a UAE issued pp - u'd receive ur Indian-PCC in 7-days max. While if u've an Indian issued pp - it takes 45-days to get the Indian-PCC.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Rawat anil said:
Thanks Qorax for the quick reply. my passport is been issuse in new delhi india. and cic gave me only 60 days to sumit the PCC. and letter had been issused 12 july 2012. so i dont have the 45 days with me what your suggestion. i'm totally confused.
Apply for it at CONGENDIA, u'd get a receipt for it, submit the copy of that 'receipt' to ur VO under a cover letter that u've applied and were to receive it at xyz date upon which u'd send it to them. Bingo!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ammaartahir said:
Dear Seniors,

I haven't been following this thread unfortunately, although living in UAE. I have a couple of questions, kindly answer:

1. I intend to land somewhere in Sep/Oct this year. According to CIC (Ref. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp):

These funds could be in the form of:

- cash
- securities in bearer form (for example, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills) or
- negotiable instruments in bearer form (for example, bankers' drafts, cheques, travellers' cheques or money orders).

My accompanying spouse has some National Bonds. Can we show their certificate as POF at the POE?

2. I want to make some call to one of my friends there in Canada from UAE. How can I make cheap calls from UAE to Canada? (He is not using Skype etc due to some reasons)

Thank you very much in advance!

Best Regards,

ammaartahir

P.S. Can I be included in the next members' meeting in UAE? Could someone tell whom to forward my details?
1. It'll be 'accepted'.
2. Google talk. Pls check with Biju, Suresh etc.

Rawat anil

May 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 jan 2012
AOR Received.
feb 2012
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
12 July 2012
Med's Done....
02 Aug 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
22 nov 2012
LANDED..........
16 jan 2013
dear Qorax thanks for the advise, sorry i didnt get the word "CONGENDIA".

qorax said:
Apply for it at CONGENDIA, u'd get a receipt for it, submit the copy of that 'receipt' to ur VO under a cover letter that u've applied and were to receive it at xyz date upon which u'd send it to them. Bingo!

Rawat anil

May 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 jan 2012
AOR Received.
feb 2012
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
12 July 2012
Med's Done....
02 Aug 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
22 nov 2012
LANDED..........
16 jan 2013

ammaartahir

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-12-12
qorax said:
1. It'll be 'accepted'.
2. Google talk. Pls check with Biju, Suresh etc.
Thank you very much Captain! Really nice of you :)

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
Hi rawat ,45 days is the official timeline,if you have been mostly in UAE then. To will not take more than 15 days.Mine was issued in Bangalore and I got it in 12 days.
Rawat anil said:
dear Qorax thanks for the advise, sorry i didnt get the word "CONGENDIA".

Rawat anil

May 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 jan 2012
AOR Received.
feb 2012
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
12 July 2012
Med's Done....
02 Aug 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
22 nov 2012
LANDED..........
16 jan 2013
thanks mats

mats said:
Hi rawat ,45 days is the official timeline,if you have been mostly in UAE then. To will not take more than 15 days.Mine was issued in Bangalore and I got it in 12 days.