Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
December 2012
CJ_an said:
Hi!! Can anybody recommend a good consultant agency here in Dubai. Thanks in advance
You will only find a bunch of cheats and scams...Consultants here do nothing more than working as a post man...best option is to apply yourself and there are many helpful members here that will certainly give you valuable suggestions and genuine help. ;)

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2009
Dear Jacky74

it seems u need a CSQ for Quebec, you may not be entitled without that or any other oppurtunity in Quebec, its is best to land in Toronto first or anywhere else.

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2009
Dear Jacky74

It seems you need a CSQ to land in Quebec. Im not sure exactly what it is, please search it.

bestpal

Aug 5, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0111 Financial Controller
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
Doc's Request.
14-01-2010
AOR Received.
2nd on 25-06-2010
IELTS Request
8 Bands
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
06-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
PPs sent 05-11-2012! Visas stamped 15-11-2012 recd PPs back on 01-Dec-2012
LANDED..........
20 January 2013;,as God willed! Thank God for mercies!
jadedGeek said:
Kya baat hey SIR-- TUSI CHAA GAAY HO :)
Hi Noor Bhai,

Shukriya! Yeh to bas ek jhalak bhar thi. "Apani To Har Aah Ik Tufaan Hai !
Upar Wala Jaanakar Anjaan Hai!!"
8)

Cheers! ;)

Best Wishes,

Bestpal

larva12

Apr 4, 2012
qorax said:
1. Yes,
2. U don't need to arrange for it at Dxb or Mnl... pls get ur baby's Immunization Record as uptodate as possible... rest'd be done here.
3. No. U can get it Free here.

Qorax
Thank you Qorax!! :)

Since you are from Dubai, I want to follow your steps. I hope you can advise me on the following:

I'm planning to land by sept25 in calgary, 'coz as what u said, medical benefit is available at the time of landing.

1. What is the best option to bring the money and best time to withdraw it prior landing? my bank is mashreq.
2. can u give advise on a canadian bank particularly calgary where i can deposit the money?
3. i'm holding a driver's license for 4 years in dubai, what is the best time to get a certification (from emirates driving) prior landing?

As of now these are some of my questions, and as time draws nearer surely there'll be lots of them.
I hope you won't get tired answering questions/giving advices. You are a Godsend and like i said, I want to follow your steps!

Million thanks in advance!

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
Wah bestpal......wah....wah...wah... :D :D :D

bestpal said:
Hi Noor Bhai,

Shukriya! Yeh to bas ek jhalak bhar thi. "Apani To Har Aah Ik Tufaan Hai !
Upar Wala Jaanakar Anjaan Hai!!"
8)

Cheers! ;)

Best Wishes,

Bestpal

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
larva12 said:
Thank you Qorax!! :)

Since you are from Dubai, I want to follow your steps. I hope you can advise me on the following:

I'm planning to land by sept25 in calgary, 'coz as what u said, medical benefit is available at the time of landing.

1. What is the best option to bring the money and best time to withdraw it prior landing? my bank is mashreq.
2. can u give advise on a canadian bank particularly calgary where i can deposit the money?
3. i'm holding a driver's license for 4 years in dubai, what is the best time to get a certification (from emirates driving) prior landing?

As of now these are some of my questions, and as time draws nearer surely there'll be lots of them.
I hope you won't get tired answering questions/giving advices. You are a Godsend and like i said, I want to follow your steps!

Million thanks in advance!
Hi,

qorax said:
1. U can bring-in whatever amount u want over-n-above, BUT the min should be as per the CIC guideline [the pax table].
2. The ideal/wise way is the "80:20 Rule" -- 80% in Draft/s & 20% in Cash [or some in TCs].

Qorax
qorax said:
Banking Choices upon 'landing'

TD, Scotiabank & CIBC r the most favored banks here (TD, a shade better) - as they r present everywhere. We'd be hard pressed not to find either of the three in any/every town, even if it's remote. Moreover, these 3 bank's ATM machines could be found anywhere... not that we cannot use other's ATMs for w/drawing our monies - but, it'd add some addnl transaction charges [usually $2].

While RBC is the largest bank & BMO - the oldest bank of Canada -- however, they seem to have lagged behind the first 3 in marketing, especially with the newcomers. Nothing wrong with them either, but just that the other 3 r omnipresent - and prominently advertised too.

Besides, each of them have similar product bundles, some good in one aspect, while the other in something else. All the 3 also provide u a free safety locker for the 1st yr (only for newcomers). However, some of their branches might not have that facility.

NOTE:
Currently TD Bank has the 'longest operational' retail banking hrs. Its most branches operate for 12 hrs [from 8AM - 8PM] - yes, we can knock their doors@8PM for any of our 'personal' banking tasks!

Qorax

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
1. I'm with TD... though had initially opened a Scotiabank a/c from overseas (but switched later for no serious reason).
2. TD gives me a savings, chequing & credit card bundle - with chequing having no monthly charges (for any transaction/s) while keeping a bal of $5K.
3. I'm also aware that they offer "unsecured" $1K credit card to every newcomer, which is preety good.
qorax said:
Further to add...
1. Visit the RTA Office @ al Ramool [after Emirates Terminal-3].
2. Counter Nos. 22-29.
3. Show your 'original' DL, pay the fees [it was AED60, as last known].
4. It'd be offerred to u imdtly... over the counter.
5. Validity - 2 months.

Qorax
Hope that helped...

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2009
Dear Qorax,

1)Is e677 the only form which we should complete if were carring more than $10,000 with us? Is it better if we complete it in advance like the B4?
2)Secondly, when we file for annual tax return do we have to file for GST and HST automatically? or is it optional? Is it best to file for GST? What is it exactly?
3)Thirdly, do we file T4 along with the annual tax return? is filing for T4 optional? Is it best to file for T4?
4)Lastly, is it better if my dad transfers money for me to canada, once every 4-5 months, so it wont be considered as overseas income? otherwise, as you mentioned tax will be charged on the entire amount of overseas income. This money that my dad is transfering is not an income, its just savings.

Plz reply to all my 4 queries, thank you so much you are very great and the best.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
111 said:
Dear Qorax,

1)Is e677 the only form which we should complete if were carring more than $10,000 with us? Is it better if we complete it in advance like the B4?
2)Secondly, when we file for annual tax return do we have to file for GST and HST automatically? or is it optional? Is it best to file for GST? What is it exactly?
3)Thirdly, do we file T4 along with the annual tax return? is filing for T4 optional? Is it best to file for T4?
4)Lastly, is it better if my dad transfers money for me to canada, once every 4-5 months, so it wont be considered as overseas income? otherwise, as you mentioned tax will be charged on the entire amount of overseas income. This money that my dad is transfering is not an income, its just savings.

Plz reply to all my 4 queries, thank you so much you are very great and the best.
1. U don't need to fill anything reg. ur settlement funds. All actions will be taken by the BSO handling ur 'record of landing'. All u need to fill is the 'declaration card', which u'll get in the flight.

2. When u arrive here, head for the neighborhood 'Newcomers Welcome Center' [most commmunity centres have that]... they'd assist u with ur filing of CCTB & GST/HST forms [they come in one package, and u receive it at the a/port itself].

3. T4 is filed by ur 'employer' -- if u r employed that is. Pls read on it here:
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/bsnss/tpcs/pyrll/rtrns/t4/menu-eng.html

4. U r getting confused between 'income' and 'direct deposits'. Ur folks can "wire u" any amount of funds, anytime. They r not taxable. Unless that deposit is huge [I'd say a qtr million and above] - u've no worries, FINTRAC will not bother. As reg. 'income' -- this is something u 'declare/state' in ur "Tax Returns", which'd happen only after u've successfully settled down/resided here, and u do so 'only' during Jan-Mar of the next yr. Whatever u declare in that tax return becomes ur taxable income. It has nothing to do with ur 'landing' or ur settlement funds.

Qorax
Ps.: Much of this [point-4] u might not be able to understand unless u come here. As of now pls don't fret over it. Anything on the taxation front - pls leave it for 'later'.

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
CJ_an said:
Hi!! Can anybody recommend a good consultant agency here in Dubai. Thanks in advance
Welcome buddy :D :D

U do not need a consulatant, we all are there to help you. save tht money so you can throw a party to all here whn u get the PPR. :D :D

Good Luck

Biju

zakout76

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2009
recived e-mail after i recived the caips/

Dear Sir,

Please note a letter has not been sent and the file is with an officer.

KLH

Dear Madam / Sir,

Pls be advice that upon my last inquiry, i recived on 23may two responce .

In the first responce i received as the letter was sent on 17.05.2012 to the mailing address on file.

We ask that you wait for the mail to arrive before requesting any further information, but so far i didint received any letter , if you send already the letter , kindly send the letter by my e-mail also .

In the same day i got another reply that my file is currently being reviewed by an immigration officer .

Kindly please let me know what is actual status .

I will be greatful for your quick response

in caips mention clearly officer not process my file and will refund the amount

but i will send re considration letter
pls advice
thanks

lovie

Oct 9, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/09/2009
Doc's Request.
18/11/2009
AOR Received.
25/07/2010
File Transfer...
In process : 25/04/2012
Med's Request
11/06/2012
Med's Done....
14/06/2012! Received at LVO on 26/06/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26/07/2012
VISA ISSUED...
17/08/2012
LANDED..........
October 1 '12
Dear Qorax

I have posted this query in the main forum as well but just wanted to know ur advise if you have come across a situation like mine.

I received my med request day before and in the form they have typed my country of birth as India , whereas it should be UAE.

I have already send them an online enquiry notifying them about this error. Do they usually send another rectified form or they just update my details in their system and expect me to go ahead with my medical examination ?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
lovie said:
Dear Qorax

I have posted this query in the main forum as well but just wanted to know ur advise if you have come across a situation like mine.

I received my med request day before and in the form they have typed my country of birth as India , whereas it should be UAE.

I have already send them an online enquiry notifying them about this error. Do they usually send another rectified form or they just update my details in their system and expect me to go ahead with my medical examination ?
Just go ahead for ur meds with the same form. Show ur pps to the DMP & indicate the error -- s/he'll do the needful amendment in situ. Relax!

lovie

Oct 9, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/09/2009
Doc's Request.
18/11/2009
AOR Received.
25/07/2010
File Transfer...
In process : 25/04/2012
Med's Request
11/06/2012
Med's Done....
14/06/2012! Received at LVO on 26/06/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26/07/2012
VISA ISSUED...
17/08/2012
LANDED..........
October 1 '12
Thanx Qorax !!!

Sounds relieving to know that there is no need to wait for another form after "the long wait"!!!! :D

Also they returned my draft of 550 dollars that I sent to Canada in the name of receiver general for Canada initially when i made my application so just to confirm , I make a new draft in the same name and send it to my visa office in London right?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
lovie said:
Thanx Qorax !!!

Sounds relieving to know that there is no need to wait for another form after "the long wait"!!!! :D

Also they returned my draft of 550 dollars that I sent to Canada in the name of receiver general for Canada initially when i made my application so just to confirm , I make a new draft in the same name and send it to my visa office in London right?
Why did they return that?