+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"DUBAI APPLICANTS" **Let's Network & Get Connected**

HANY2012

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
soby said:
Hi Hany2012
if thats the case send a request to your VO to update your address with PO Box, so that the Postal mails come to you smoothly/directly
(I assume that you'r based in UAE)
Rgds
Soby
Dear Soby,

thank you for your reply and i will send email today

hany

dubai

joseph2012

Jan 9, 2012
Re: Landed in Vancouver

Hi,

Can u please tell me the what all the driving documents we are supposed to get it from UAE. i am living in Abudhabi. I am also planning to land Canada in this August and come back then move permanently after a year. Can u please tell me whether any tax obligation for coming back and working here?

Regards
Jose

radfellow said:
Hi chinky!

I am also landing in Vancouver in few days time. Where you in Vancouver? What are the documents you have taken in RTA for proving that you have an existing driving license here in Dubai? Is the exam and road test difficult in Canada? or way difficult here in Dubai?

Thanks,
Radfellow

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
HANY2012 said:
Dear Qorax

thank you for your reply i put clear address to them only i did not mention the POX number and first communication from Syndy came to me by email by the way i applied on 15/6/2011 and i am in process since 11/1/2012

hany

dubai
As everyone advised u -- send an email asap. U could also perform the Add/Change thru the e-CAS page as well [don't know if that's still available though].

joseph2012

Jan 9, 2012
Qurox,

(1) Can u please tell me the what all the driving documents we are supposed to get it from UAE. i am living in Abudhabi.

(2) I am also planning to land Canada in this August and come back then move permanently after a year or two. Can u please tell me whether any tax obligation for coming back and working here?

(3) Am i supposed file the tax for the salary what i get here in Dubai till i move permanently?

In a simple words, what all care we should take in terms of tax when we make second permanent entry? can i bring any amount of cash during my second entry?

your advise is required!!

Regards
Joe

qorax said:
Congrats!

Yes, there'd be. Once u submit ur IT returns, u'd be required to 'declare' ur Global Income. If u do so, u'd be taxed on that overseas component as well, if u r not from a tax-treaty country [e.g. the US, in such cases u only pay tax in either of the countries].

It's another matter that till the time u don't make residential ties with Canada - u r not required to file IT returns. However, the day u finally move - u'd be filing that for the same yr. and then u'd be required to declare ur global i/come.

Yes, u r free to move anywhere within Canada post landing... as a PR u have all the rights to visit, holiday, do business/work, settle home etc. anywhere in Canada.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
joseph2012 said:
Qurox,

(1) Can u please tell me the what all the driving documents we are supposed to get it from UAE. i am living in Abudhabi.

(2) I am also planning to land Canada in this August and come back then move permanently after a year or two. Can u please tell me whether any tax obligation for coming back and working here?

(3) Am i supposed file the tax for the salary what i get here in Dubai till i move permanently?

In a simple words, what all care we should take in terms of tax when we make second permanent entry? can i bring any amount of cash during my second entry?

your advise is required!!

Regards
Joe
1. Pls read: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t39566.0.html
2. U don't have a tax obligation until u have some residential ties in Canada.
3. Yes. Applicable for the months of the yr that u stayed in Dubai, if u file Tax Returns, if u r eligible to that is.

Qorax

micham

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
First AOR 29.03.2010 ; Second AOR 12.08.2010
File Transfer...
07.04.2010 ; FULL APPLICATION PACKAGE RECEIVED 21.07.10: E-CAS: IN PROCESS on 08.02.2011 with RBVO
Med's Request
coming soon
Med's Done....
coming soon
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
coming soon
VISA ISSUED...
coming soon
LANDED..........
coming soon
its so frustrating the number of months has been increased from 23 to 27 months now..... :mad:

joseph2012

Jan 9, 2012
HI Biju,

Can you please send me your email id, i want to clarify some queries with you.

regards
joe

bijupv007 said:
Hi Buddy

i am back in Dubai now (4 days back)

hope everything is in track :D

Biju

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
Gypsey said:
Hi Mats

Did you receive a label in your envelope from CIC London, if so, are we to send a copy of the RPRF receipt to CIC London using the address label?

regards
Hi Gypsey,I did not receive any label from VO ,London.I received mail from VO London to send the following 1)Updated Sch A Background declaration 2)Family background form 3)Right to PR Fee 4) PCCs.Apart from this there is the Medicals Forms.
I am not clear what you mean by sending copy of RPRF receipt to CIC London.Can you please clarify.

Gypsey

Star Member
Jul 4, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2009
Doc's Request.
15-09-2009
AOR Received.
28-01-2010
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
08-09-2009
Med's Request
02-02-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012 & RPRF paid
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Received 04-04-2012
LANDED..........
01 August 2012
Looking for guidance please - In my MR envelope there is a label from CIC London, what is the label used for ?

Should this be given to the DMP for their package or sent to CIC London with the RPRF receipt contained within ?

regards

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
qorax said:
I am. Had always been. Will forever be.
Ur attitude, behaviour, disposition and synergy matters.

-Why do u think some ppl r successful, while some aren't - though being equally qualified?
-Why do u take an imdt dislike for someone? And the other way around too?
-Why do u have some best friend/s, some OK, while some just don't click?
-Why do between two similarly qualified ppl @ an interview gets one taken?
-Why do u avoid one clinic in ur neighborhood and visit the other (when in need)?
-Same with restaurants, stores, groceries, malls etc. Why do u regularly visit a chosen few?
-Why do u think - that guy is better than this one?
-Why do tables turn periodically? Just @ the nick of unfathomable moment/s.

Uh, could go on...

Did u seriously believe that it was purely a matter of ur personal taste?

Qorax
Ps.: Sorry for being/sounding philosophical.
Well said Captain as always :D

Biju

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
joseph2012 said:
HI Biju,

Can you please send me your email id, i want to clarify some queries with you.

regards
joe
hi buddy

I have send via PM in the forum - plz check ur Inbox

biju

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
micham said:
its so frustrating the number of months has been increased from 23 to 27 months now..... :mad:
Yes dear , its really SAD :(

biju

radfellow

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-4-2015
AOR Received.
22-5-2015
File Transfer...
6-7-2015
Med's Done....
4-3-2015
Passport Req..
Praying and hoping soon...
VISA ISSUED...
Praying and hoping soon..
LANDED..........
Praying and hoping soon...
Re: Landed in Vancouver

Sir Qorax and to everyone,

I would like to share my landing experience, I landed in Vancouver last January 31 at around 4pm thru connecting flights, Dubai - Heathrow, Heathrow to Vancouver.The airlines are emirates and air canada, those airlines are really good. Anyway ,upon arriving to Vancouver airport I went to the lane of new immigrants, the officer is very nice, he asked me my passport and paper of embarkment, he was amazed that I came from Dubai and asked me what is my job and if I applied a skilled worker.Then he showed me the way to another counter where one officer asked my passport and copr. He is nice too, he asked me questions related to my copr, like what is my status, do I have children, and how much money do I have. But one thing which I think it’s a mistake is , I told him that I’ll be staying here for only for 45 days, my reason for that is since I have a medical surveillance I asked him if I can do it immediately and finish within those 45 days, but apparently it’s the clinic who will give appointment, thus I have to wait. He asked why will I stay for only for 45 days and where I’m going, I told him that I’ll be back in Dubai. Then he told me that if my PR card is not processed within those days and I left the country, I should again apply for another visa. This makes me confused coz my friends stayed only here for 20 days and they got their PR card, which is mailed by their friends whose been staying here..Now I am so worried coz the immigration officer might take note of what I told him and then they will not processed it. Unfortunately I really have to go back to Dubai. I am praying a lot that it won’t happen. So he took the copr and attached a copy of it on my passport, asked my address and telephone numbers. Then I showed him the list of goods accompanied, his a bit confused about the jewellery pics that are attached so he instructed me to go to cbsa lane for checking. At cbsa lane, I showed them again the embarkment paper and the list of goods and asked if those things are with me, I answered yes then he said it is not any more needed since those listed is with me. But if I have still goods to follow then I should have that list and then he lead me way out.
The next day I called the clinic, the receptionist is very helpful, I told her again that I’ll be few days here, she search my family name in their computer and informed me that it was not forwarded by the Immigration, so she instructed me to just fax the form and indicate there that I’ll be stayin for couple of days and to do it asap.
Next day I went to apply for my sin card. It took me only around 15mins to apply and instructed me to apply for a care card.
Sir Qorax, do I have to apply now for my care card now even I’ll be here for couple of days?
What do you think about the situation that had happen to me? Will the immigration know that I left the country by then? Do u think they will prolong my PR card processing, will I have to extend my vacation If I didn’t received till 45days?
Thank you and that’s my landing experience.

Radfellow

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
Vamp said:
Hello all,
my address went missing in the end of 2011, and now I got an email from immigration office that i need to send an updated Schedule A and IMM5406 form in maximum 45 days from date of email,
I have been in process for 1 year and 9 months.. and now i get this email...
what does it mean? any inputs? is that good news or bad news? whats next...
thanks
Hi
This is always a Good news :D, now maxx CHC will ask again is ur PCC from the present country of residence.

Good luck

biju