+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"DUBAI APPLICANTS" **Let's Network & Get Connected**

wenstumped

Jul 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Was just interested to know why would u need a waterproof shoe?
Qorax
Hehehehe! Well this is as a result of a horror story a friend of mine told me. She lives in Seattle and was walking home one winter's evening in a light rain and she got splashed by a passing car. She was wearing regular sneakers so her feet got soaked and by the time she got home, her feet were completely numb. She got out a lukewarm foot bath to soak in and apparently the pain was excruciating.

So I figured since I am initially going to be doing A LOT of walking, I may as well go prepared for anything. ;D

wenstumped

Jul 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alibhai800 said:
Hi Wendy,

You made the right choice going with BA. Biju is absolutely right. The 3 hour transit is the best option as I always book the 3 hour option ticket for my mom as she visits my brother who lives in Vancouver.

I am waiting for the day when I book the ticket for me and my family. I guess there are a few months remaining, hopefully not more than 6 months. All the best! It will be your last official new year in Dubai for the coming years.

Best
Ali
Thanks Ali, I feel more confident about my choice of flight now. I really hope you get to hear something from the VO at the earliest as well. All the best!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
wenstumped said:
qorax said:
Was just interested to know why would u need a waterproof shoe?
Qorax
Hehehehe! Well this is as a result of a horror story a friend of mine told me. She lives in Seattle and was walking home one winter's evening in a light rain and she got splashed by a passing car. She was wearing regular sneakers so her feet got soaked and by the time she got home, her feet were completely numb. She got out a lukewarm foot bath to soak in and apparently the pain was excruciating.

So I figured since I am initially going to be doing A LOT of walking, I may as well go prepared for anything. ;D
If u walk around much with 'rain-boots' on...:
1. Your feet'd perspire & it'd get real uncomfortable;
2. It'd look funny on a non-rainy day;
3. If not 'on' how do u intend tagging them along?

That friend's case is an one-off scenario... there'd be many other things to care for once u r here. BTW, rain-boots r commonly available in every store here [during the season -- Vancouver / all the time!].

Good luck on your Nov-11 landing. Ma'am !
Qorax

wenstumped

Jul 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:

If u walk around much with 'rain-boots' on...:
1. Your feet'd perspire & it'd get real uncomfortable;
2. It'd look funny on a non-rainy day;
3. If not 'on' how do u intend tagging them along?

That friend's case is an one-off scenario... there'd be many other things to care for once u r here. BTW, rain-boots r commonly available in every store here [during the season -- Vancouver / all the time!].

Good luck on your Nov-11 landing. Ma'am !
Qorax
hehehehe! Thank you Captain, but I'm not looking for rain boots per se. I'm looking for something else, I guess I'll know exactly what once I see them. Well, all in good time I suppose.

Also, I'll be landing in the first week of Jan 2012 so I still have some time to get things in order here before I go.

Kind regards
Wendy ;D

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
wenstumped said:
hehehehe! Thank you Captain, but I'm not looking for rain boots per se. I'm looking for something else, I guess I'll know exactly what once I see them. Well, all in good time I suppose.

Also, I'll be landing in the first week of Jan 2012 so I still have some time to get things in order here before I go.

Kind regards
Wendy ;D
Shoe 'cover-ons' : $8@Walmart
But still they look funny on the road, Ma'am!

Qorax

*Oh, I thought u r moving in Nov-11.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Biju,

U might want to share the email IDs of the members attended the 7th Oct meet... I could add [send invites] them to our TFC google-group.

Qorax

soby

Mar 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 15, 2009
Doc's Request.
Oct 30, 2009
AOR Received.
Feb18, 2010
File Transfer...
Nov 3, 2009
Med's Request
March 4, 2011
Med's Done....
March 19 & 26, 2011
Interview........
Jan 30, 2011
Passport Req..
Sept 15, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 19, 2011 (PP Submitted on 13/10 received on 20/10)
LANDED..........
March 2, 2012
qorax said:
Reg. the meeting of 7th Oct 2011

Dear friends,

It was a wonderful get-together that we had on the 7th. I took immense pleasure in seeing all of u in person! Thanks for making it... taking time-off from your busy schedules... but yes, such meets r required in today's world... there r lots which the internet might just not offer us... which only a physical meet can.

Special thanks to the ladies & the kids who came along... u guys made the event colorful!

And can we ever say enough on Biju's organizing capabalities? Kudos to him for keeping the platform alive, after we [the first D2C members] left Dubai !

Keep up the good work ppl... here's 3-Cheers to everyone !

And congrats to all who got their PPRs/COPRs/Meds lately...
All the best guys !

Qorax
Hey Capt the pleasure is on us. It was wonderful meeting you and listening to you.
This forum and group is a blessing
Cheers to all the ppl behind this
Rgds
Soby

haltsys

Aug 4, 2010
khuram225 said:
Dear All,

I need some information, i have applied in Feb/08, and i have received my file number, but still not showing in E-case status. anyone knows, what would be problem? and what should i do? i applied throgh consultant, now im confused. please help me to findout the solution.
Thnx. Khurram
Dear Mr. Khurram,

I am also an applicant who is from Pre Feb 2008 file numbers. I am also still waiting for my documents request. Please do share with me that when exactly you got the file number? and what is your profession?

Hope to hear soon from you.

Regards,

msaleem216

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2007
Doc's Request.
10-03-2009
Med's Done....
11-03-2013
Passport Req..
05-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2014
LANDED..........
3rd December,2014 INSHA ALLAH
dear captain qorax,

my friend 2007 appl got caps and mentioned
slecdec=4
what it means wether his paper checked and he passed
also got reply of email enquiry tht b/g checked not finished and he sent updated pcc + updated forms in aug 2011 and waiting for MR

Fireguy

Aug 25, 2011
Re: Going to Land soon...in Ottawa!

Thank you Soby for the usual help. Any idea about useful Ottawa Forums? Thanks again.

soby said:
Hi
If you have 24 months or more driving experience in Dubai make sure you get the LOA from RTA Dubai. THis will help you get the Ontario License without waiting period.
pls go through this post for more details
Rgds
Soby

vinodkumar

Jun 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-SEP-2011
AOR Received.
PER 13-DEC-2011
Med's Request
17-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
27-SEP-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
29-JAN-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-FEB-2013
LANDED..........
23-SEPT 2013
Dear Seniors from Dubai,

Somebody please tell me what is the validity of the DD issued by Al Fardan Exchange, UAE.

My DD was drawned on 13 Aug 2011. Until today the DD has not been encashed. As per Al Fardan the validity of the DD is for 03 months from the date of issue. But there is no DD expiry date mentioned on my DD. CIC received my application on 09 Sept 2011, i am really worried since my DD will get expired on 13 Nov 2011.

Is there any one who had a DD from Al Fardan Exch and got it encashed even after 03 months from the date of issue of DD.

love bird 43

Aug 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi dear Qorax ,

2 weeks ago , finely i have got my passport request from chc london , and now last week i was in pakistan .

as i left uk in augest, because my uk visa was fineshed, and then i acame back to pakistan ,as you advised me that

inform chc london and update my address,, after the ppr , it was diffecult to sent passport from pakistan ,because

i have applied from london , and my class was femily class ,i was a bit confuse, then i took a step , according to

take advise from dubai applicant brothers , from this forum , and now i am in dubai , i have sent my passport on teusday

and it was recevied by phep london ,,,,,,,,, from dubai , i am here on 60 days visa , i have sent my packege through

aramex, and according to your previouse mails regarding these kind of isseuse , i became to know that INSHALLAH,

it will be fine for me,,, the questions which i want to ask from you is that , when i was in london i just updated my

residential address , and kept my mailing address same , which is my uncle,s one who lives in london , my question is

i want to recevie my passport back from chc london.in dubai , would be eny problum , i have filled my dubai address

in the updated chart , and in the letter , i requested to them to sent my passport on dubai address , which i have

mentioned, in the self address envelope as well, plz comment on it ,,,,

question (2) is that i have won my spousel appeal , my e status has change , on same week when ( ppr ) came

as desion made, med has been recevied , will it be faster for me ? will every thing be fine???

and how meny days i have to wait for my passport , would eny problum to recevie my passport back from chc london

vinodkumar

Jun 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-SEP-2011
AOR Received.
PER 13-DEC-2011
Med's Request
17-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
27-SEP-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
29-JAN-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-FEB-2013
LANDED..........
23-SEPT 2013
Dear Seniors from Dubai,

Somebody please tell me what is the validity of the DD issued by Al Fardan Exchange, UAE.

My DD was drawned on 13 Aug 2011. Until today the DD has not been encashed. As per Al Fardan the validity of the DD is for 03 months from the date of issue. But there is no DD expiry date mentioned on my DD. CIC received my application on 09 Sept 2011, i am really worried since my DD will get expired on 13 Nov 2011.

Is there any one who had a DD from Al Fardan Exch and got it encashed even after 03 months from the date of issue of DD.

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
qorax said:
Reg. the meeting of 7th Oct 2011
Dear friends,
It was a wonderful get-together that we had on the 7th. I took immense pleasure in seeing all of u in person! Thanks for making it... taking time-off from your busy schedules... but yes, such meets r required in today's world... there r lots which the internet might just not offer us... which only a physical meet can.
Special thanks to the ladies & the kids who came along... u guys made the event colorful!
And can we ever say enough on Biju's organizing capabalities? Kudos to him for keeping the platform alive, after we [the first D2C members] left Dubai !
Keep up the good work ppl... here's 3-Cheers to everyone !
And congrats to all who got their PPRs/COPRs/Meds lately...
All the best guys !

Qorax
Thanks Captain, and everybody who made it wonderful

its my pleasure and hope we will have more get2gethers which will be helpful to all.

Biju

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
vinodkumar said:
Dear Seniors from Dubai,
buddy

no cause for worries , CHC will 100% encash the DD b4 the expiry. normally its 6 months validity

Biju