Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
liempo said:
hi quorax,

I really appreciate if you could response in a new thread I've posted regarding cheap air-fare ticket from Dubai to Edmonton.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/which-airline-fare-is-cheap-if-flying-from-dubai-to-edmonton-t38894.0.html

Thanks a lot!
liempo
Usually BA offers us the cheapest fares to all its destinations from Dubai. And booking it online thru their website is our best bet. Unfortunately, BA doesn't fly to Edmonton... thus if we combine BA with another carrier it might be a competitive package. Here's one combination I found with 1 stop:
Br/Airways-106......Dep: 2010/06/10, 01:45 Dubai(DXB)..........Arr: 2010/06/10, 06:20 London(LHR)
Air Canada-899......Dep: 2010/06/10, 03:15 London(LHR).........Arr: 2010/06/10, 17:10 Edmonton(YEG)
Alternatively, if u don't want to change Carriers Delta Airline flies from here to Edmonton via 2 stops -Amsterdam & Minneapolis. As below:
Delta Air-9321.....Dep: 2010/06/10, 01:00 Dubai(DXB).............Arr: 2010/06/10, 06:00 Amsterdam(AMS)
Delta Air-259.......Dep: 2010/06/10, 10:20 Amsterdam(AMS).....Arr: 2010/06/10, 12:15 Minneapolis(MSP)
Delta Air-3583.....Dep: 2010/06/10, 13:45 Minneapolis(MSP).....Arr: 2010/06/10, 15:56 Edmonton(YEG)
NOTE:
1. Both the scenarios offer around USD1,700+ (Return), while the Delta Airline is a bit lower.
2. The above is for a ticket dep 2 months hence & return since 3 months thereof.
3. A wise thing is to purchase a ticket as advance as possible -to get the lowest rates.
4. Booking online & thru the Carrier's website shall provide the best rates, rather than a Travel Agent.

Hope that helped...
Qorax

R

Rami Farah

I know that 6 monthes is unusual period but I enquired last month they told me that my case still awiting officer review...

Any advise

Qorax, Mirza and other Seniors

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Rami Farah said:
I know that 6 monthes is unusual period but I enquired last month they told me that my case still awiting officer review...

Any advise

Qorax, Mirza and other Seniors
Upto 7 months is not an issue of concern, 'coz many applicants go thru that delay, which can occur due to many factors [I've written in length about that in many threads].

But, if it is beyond 7 months, it means the case file is into a 'spin' due to security checks. However, after 4-5 months one should keep asking CHC thru emails every 15-20 days.

Qorax

msaleem216

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2007
Doc's Request.
10-03-2009
Med's Done....
11-03-2013
Passport Req..
05-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2014
LANDED..........
3rd December,2014 INSHA ALLAH
hi all

dubai appl. for all those who send full docs in jan please be connected i submitted full docs last week of jan uder aeo noc 2281 still waiting

gavino

Mar 24, 2010
Dear Qorax,

For instance we got our passport with visa stamped. Can we use now the money in our bank which was declared in our proof of funds? Are they still going to check our bank statements after that? I admit that some of the money was only borrowed from our relatives.

Thanks!

samdxb

Star Member
Jun 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
1 june letter dated 25 may
VISA ISSUED...
sent on 8 june, stamped 17 june, recieved 28 june
LANDED..........
26 july Inshallah
Hi,, I have been thinking what if i am unable to land and my medicals expire. do i have to go through the medicals only again? how long does it take?

mirza897

Apr 4, 2010
Dear Gavino,

I know for a fact that they will not check your bank statement after the visas are issued. However, you will need to carry liquid cash when you land there. that will have to be organised or you can borrow again. I have a brother and sister there and they tell me that you defeintely need that kind of money to settle down; so better work on it.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
gavino said:
Dear Qorax,

For instance we got our passport with visa stamped. Can we use now the money in our bank which was declared in our proof of funds? Are they still going to check our bank statements after that? I admit that some of the money was only borrowed from our relatives.

Thanks!
Once your pps r stamped with the visa/s -u r done with all the formalities of the CHC. Be free to to do whatever u want with your bank a/cs.

However, Remember: U have to show 'landing funds' at the POE. So, that amount must be available to u in any format.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
samdxb said:
Hi,, I have been thinking what if i am unable to land and my medicals expire. do i have to go through the medicals only again? how long does it take?
1. The 'meds expiry' & your 'landing' r not related.
2. Landing is based on the 'Visa Expiry Date*'.
3. If u don't 'land' on or before that date, u'll have to perform the 'complete' procedure once again [apps to meds to PPR].
4. Once the meds expire & your visa is yet valid [remote possibility though], u can always 'land'.

*The visa expiry is linked to either the meds expiry date OR the pps expiry date of the PA or anyone of his/her 'accompanying' dependents [whichever is earlier].

Qorax

gavino

Mar 24, 2010
qorax said:
Once your pps r stamped with the visa/s -u r done with all the formalities of the CHC. Be free to to do whatever u want with your bank a/cs.

However, Remember: U have to show 'landing funds' at the POE. So, that amount must be available to u in any format.

Qorax
Thanks very much for the advise!

mirza897

Apr 4, 2010
Dear Rami,

Are you going through and agent or doing this yourself. because I have heard a lot of cases where agents are a primary reason for delays. I have send my medicals only the 4thf of April and back on the waiting couch now :)

Good luck to you again and I also pray for you

Soubhi_lulu

Apr 12, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Visa Office......
Dubai, UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I am new here and I wish that I will get some support from you experts :)

To start, I am applying to immigrate to Canada hiring Premier Management Consultant, Dubai Office as a Skilled Workers.
We, my husband and I planning to hire them since more that one of our friends got the visa in less that one year applied through this office.

The applicatant will be me and my husband will be the spouse. We will submit the intial documents within couple of days to the office. As per them, the initail documents are: The application form, my CV, $550 canadian governmnet fees ( for each of us ), our passport copies, 14 cheques for total amount of $3000). They said, after receiving those documents we will get the file number and start submitting the rest of the needed documents; IELTS,PC, ...etc.

I already did the IELTS but didnt get the 7 score :( and I have to do it again.

I dont know what to write since I am new to all those procedures but I hope I can get some advice about our initial steps we will do. And some advice about the next step if you dont mind...

Looking foreward to hearing from you,

penpal

Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Planning in Autumn of 2010
Dear Qorax,

I found from some other thread that u r planning to land in toronto in May'10.
WISH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ALL THE BEST FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART.MAY GOD HELP YOU IN SETLING DOWN TO A NICETY WHICH I AM CONFIDENT YOU WILL ACHIEVE.
I hope Qorax,we will be in touch with each other thro this forum.

But i thought initially u were planning to land in calgary,if i m not wrong.What made u change.Can i know since i was initially planning to land in toronto,but now i m leaning towards calgary.
I am an accountant by profession.
The main factors which i am considering or assuming as the case maybe,for the above decision is as under:

-The %age of employment/unemployment as the case maybe more or less remains the same in toronto and calgary.Maybe in absloute numbers toronto might have more no.of jobs ,but competition will also be there.Economics of demand and supply.
-The demand for the accounting profession as such is not location centric.
-I have a relative in calgary.
-Quality of life in general.Do i compromise if i choose calgary over toronto.
-Quality of education.Right now my kid will be attending primary school.
-Rentals or mortgage comparison.
-Health insurance costs.
-Provincial Tax system
-For updating myself with canadian professional qualifications like CGA etc,the province does not matter.
-My general feeling is that why to land in a place which might be overcrowded like toronto or vancouver.
-Any other factor which i should have taken into account for arriving at the above decision of where to land.

Qorax,i read somewhere in the forum that you u hv in fact visited many places in canada.Please guide me with ur experience so that i can make a suitable decision.

Thanks and regards

samdxb

Star Member
Jun 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
1 june letter dated 25 may
VISA ISSUED...
sent on 8 june, stamped 17 june, recieved 28 june
LANDED..........
26 july Inshallah
Thanks a lot Qorax for your reply pertaining to expiry of medicals. The problem is that i did my meds in on 11 feb 2010, n my pps expire in 2013 my passport is expected to be requested anytime for stamping. now the problem is that i am expecting in november 2010, so incase i deliver in dubai then there will a problem getting the process done for the new born till 11 feb 2011. so i am just wondering if i could ask for an extension in meds expire?