+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"DUBAI APPLICANTS" **Let's Network & Get Connected**

R

Rami Farah

I am still awaiting for passport request....Shall I expect it in April??

My case still under officer review.

AUH Process

Star Member
Feb 11, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2007
Rami Farah said:
I am still awaiting for passport request....Shall I expect it in April??

My case still under officer review.
Based on your timeline, I would say you should expect it anytime now.....Have you done a case specific enquiry?

JM09

Star Member
Dec 23, 2009
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Probably, your agents did not do it either & just charged u. Did u obtain a copy of the ones attested?
Hi Qorax...

No i havn't asked,i shoul have ... :(

what to do ...? it's over now ..

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
penpal said:
Hi Qorax,

Many forum members who hv already landed have posted that at the point of entry the common question which is asked is "where are you going to stay in canada".
Tell me in this case how is one going to obtain an address before one lands there.I have obtained the post landing facilities from my consultant.
Pls respond,in both the scenarios what one has to do - where one has a post landing facility and where one goes and lands on his own.

Thanks
1. If u have post landing services thru our agent, s/he will book your accommodation. U'll use that 'street address'.
2. If u do not have that, there r 2 things to do:
-a) Book one online/word of mouth, asap. -a highly recommended action [see my 'landing' thread for options]
-b) The New Immigrants Assistance counter in the POE has budget accommodation address. Use them
*But u'll not have the address. No Problem... u'll not be able to submit the PRC application in the POE, but u can do so the next day at any Service Canada office. They r located nearly every where in Canada. Most Malls have that [eg. Square One Mall in Mississauga]. There is no considerable delay if u choose this option.

All the best !
Qorax

mkvinod72

May 29, 2008
Hello Gentlemen,

I have appilied in December 2007 but as per the website it is still under process. Can any of you update me on the recent activities or when my file will be considered ?

Thanks

auditor

Mar 30, 2010
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
12-03-2010
File Transfer...
17-03-2010
Med's Request
23-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
Passport Req..
23-04-2012
LANDED..........
03-08-2012
Relationship Proof
I need some advice.
my brother is living in canada (PR)..he is there from last 5 years,
but he doesnt hv birth certificate, can i give his 12th certificate which contains father's name and his passport and proof of landing
and what can be proof that he is currently living in canada?

please help

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
auditor said:
Relationship Proof
I need some advice.
my brother is living in canada (PR)..he is there from last 5 years,
but he doesnt hv birth certificate, can i give his 12th certificate which contains father's name and his passport and proof of landing
and what can be proof that he is currently living in canada?

please help
Proof of Relatives in Canada
WHO ARE THE ACCEPTABLE RELATIVES?
Proof of relationship showing u, or your accompanying spouse/common-law partner has a close relative who lives in Canada and is a Canadian Citizen or PR. This close relative can be:
• parent, grandparent,
• child, grandchild,
• brother, sister,
• aunt, uncle, or
• niece, nephew.

PROOF OF "RELATIONSHIP" IN CANADA:
But, now u must show the 'proof of relative' if u want to survive on this stage. This 'Proof' is required in Three (3) Steps. Here's how u go about it:

1. BASIC EVIDENCE OF RELATIONSHIP:
Proof of relationship to your close relative in Canada can be evident by docs, such as (A)birth, (B)marriage or (C)adoption certificates. For eg, to prove that your relative in Canada is your paternal aunt, it would be necessary to submit copies of birth certificates for her and for your father showing they have at least one common parent.

2. WHAT DOCUMENTS NEEDED AS PROOF?
• If s/he is a PR: provide a copy of Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or COPR or PR Card.
• If s/he is a Citizen: provide Citizenship proof, such as a copy of Canadian passport or Citizenship card.

3. HOW TO PROVE RELATIVE IS 'CURRENTLY INSIDE' CANADA?
Provide evidence to show that your relative is currently residing inside Canada. This may include copies of:
• lease agreements,
• a current Notice of Assessment from Revenue Canada,
• an employer's letter confirming employment,
• monthly bills etc.

[Note: The evidence should show the relative's "name" and "full address" in Canada]

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides...

I hope that helps.
Qorax

Ps: U can show the High School Certificate in lieu of Birth Certificate [usually the 10th Grade Certificate].

justchill1979

Dec 20, 2009
Dear Qorax/Other members

Can someone from Dubai share the contact address of any agent to get PCC on my behalf? I am based in London and have obtained the relvant fingerprints etc.

Thanks

mohdrahidxb

Mar 31, 2010
Dear All,

I am new to this forum. I live in Dubai and have applied for candian immigration (skiller worker visa) through a consultant. I had received first AOR in December 2009 and they gave 120 days for documents submission which i have submitted in March 2010 . Seniors please advise me about the current average time taken by London high commission to decide about my case.

penpal

Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Planning in Autumn of 2010
qorax said:
1. If u have post landing services thru our agent, s/he will book your accommodation. U'll use that 'street address'.
2. If u do not have that, there r 2 things to do:
-a) Book one online/word of mouth, asap. -a highly recommended action [see my 'landing' thread for options]
-b) The New Immigrants Assistance counter in the POE has budget accommodation address. Use them
*But u'll not have the address. No Problem... u'll not be able to submit the PRC application in the POE, but u can do so the next day at any Service Canada office. They r located nearly every where in Canada. Most Malls have that [eg. Square One Mall in Mississauga]. There is no considerable delay if u choose this option.

All the best !
Qorax
Hi Qorax,

Thanks for your reply.

I have some more queries as below:

1.I am planning to land with my family just a week before the visa expires.I hope this is ok.
2.My family,once theiy land,i intend to send them back home,say maybe within a week's time of landing.I intend to remain in Canada.So obviously i would be receiving their PR cards once they would have left.In that case is there any problem for them to leave within a week's time and can i send back their PR cards thro courier to enable them to land in the near future.
3.I only have my Indian driving license.I do not hv a dubai driving license.In this case is there anything specific to be obtained from India which maybe of help to me to acquire the canadaian license other than the Indian driving licence.

Regards

R

Rami Farah

Hi AUH Process,,,

I have inquired 10 days ago and they told me the case under officer review???

I am still waiting...

Help me please

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
penpal said:
Hi Qorax,

Thanks for your reply.

I have some more queries as below:

1.I am planning to land with my family just a week before the visa expires.I hope this is ok.
2.My family,once theiy land,i intend to send them back home,say maybe within a week's time of landing.I intend to remain in Canada.So obviously i would be receiving their PR cards once they would have left.In that case is there any problem for them to leave within a week's time and can i send back their PR cards thro courier to enable them to land in the near future.
3.I only have my Indian driving license.I do not hv a dubai driving license.In this case is there anything specific to be obtained from India which maybe of help to me to acquire the canadaian license other than the Indian driving licence.

Regards
1. U can land on or before the day the visa/s expire. So, it is Ok that u r landing a week before.
2. Yes, they can leave thru the very next flight. U can send their PRCs thru courier.
3. The rule pretty much remains the same as with a Dubai D/L. However, passing the test/s would be another thing as u r not familiar with the UAE/North American system of driving, as well as road/traffic management system. But, do obtain your D/L translation from the RTA in India, it'll save u the waiting period for G2 road test.

Qorax

parry1901

Mar 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
Med's Done....
1st nov 2013 & 20 march 2014 (new born)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
I am in dubai since nov 17th 2009 and my labor card shows the date from 17th nov but my residence visa in passport shows date from jan 2 2010 for 3 years.

Now when i was looking for police cleareance from uae.. it says atleast 6 months stay in uae from valid residence visa. I have not completed six months in uae so will i need police cleareance or not?

I am just sending my first application tomorrow.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
parry1901 said:
I am in dubai since nov 17th 2009 and my labor card shows the date from 17th nov but my residence visa in passport shows date from jan 2 2010 for 3 years.

Now when i was looking for police cleareance from uae.. it says atleast 6 months stay in uae from valid residence visa. I have not completed six months in uae so will i need police cleareance or not?

I am just sending my first application tomorrow.
Before completing 6 months U cannot get the UAE PCC. Just send the rest of the docs, & when CHC asks u for it obtain that [by then u'd have completed the 6 months stay requirement].

parry1901

Mar 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
Med's Done....
1st nov 2013 & 20 march 2014 (new born)