NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Planning in Autumn of 2010
qorax said:
1. U can land on or before the day the visa/s expire. So, it is Ok that u r landing a week before.
2. Yes, they can leave thru the very next flight. U can send their PRCs thru courier.
3. The rule pretty much remains the same as with a Dubai D/L. However, passing the test/s would be another thing as u r not familiar with the UAE/North American system of driving, as well as road/traffic management system. But, do obtain your D/L translation from the RTA in India, it'll save u the waiting period for G2 road test.

Qorax
Hi Qorax,

Thanks once again for your reply.

I was thinking of taking all my settlement funds in cash canadian dollars.As it is, once i get the SIN no.,which would be in a day's time of arrival,i should be able to open a bank account in Canada.Subsequently i may be able to deposit the cash.
Which agency do you recommend for conversion of dirhams to canadian dollars in dubai.If possible let me know the location,pls.

Hope i am not taxing you with my queries on a daily basis.Pls reply at your convenience.

Thanks

warm

Apr 3, 2010
Hello Qorax

I m new to this forum but i hav heard nd read alot about u in this forum and i think u r the right person with whom i shud consult regarding my case.

I m an international athlete nd som one told me i m eligible fr canada immi. plz tell me how is it poss nd what benefits does it offer?
regards

Snan

Apr 4, 2010
Hello Qorax,

I am a brand new member of this forum and having read the posts, I think you are the right person to address my query.

I applied to CIC London, in 2006 and got the AOR in March 2007 under the simplified process. In Feb. 2009 they requested all documents, which was sent early August including IELTS after request of 2 extentions from CIC. Initially, I applied independently but later hired an agent, probably the same one that you talk about. I was told by the agent that medicals would be requested in 2-3 months max. however, it has been about 8 months now and no news. The agent says, the background check is on etc etc. Is this delay usual? Do you have an idea about the time-lines for people who applied under the simplified application process?

Many thanks in advance for your time.

Snan

G2009

Star Member
Jan 20, 2010
Attention: quorax
Your contribution in guiding the applicants has been tremendous. Appreciate.
I would like to know how and when CIC organises interviews in Dubai? My case is pending since June 2009 as "In Process". To my case specific enquiry, I was told that file is up for interview. It was 2 months ago but I have not received any interview or information. I am NOC 4121.

I had reliquished PR voluntarily in Dec 2008 as I could not meet 730 days in 3 years requirement due to attenuating circumstances back home. It was acknowledged by CHC Abu Dhabi and accepted it. This was mentioned in the FSW application. Your thoughts on the case please. Thanks

K2

Mar 31, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2010
Doc's Request.
24-Mar-2010
Dear Friends,

I have recently received my file number & now need to get Police Certificate. I stayed in India till July 2008 & then moved to Dubai. Can you tell me

1) Do I need to get PC from both India & Dubai?
2) How do I get it from Dubai? How long does it take ?
3) How do I get it from India while staying in Dubai, if required? And how long does it take?

Regards,
K2

penpal

Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi K2,

1.Yes u need PCC from both India and Dubai as u hv stayed for more than 6 months.
2.U get this in dubai from the CID office located near Al mulla plaza.I takes one week.
3.For Indian PCC u can approach the indian consulate in dubai.It takes 10 days.

thanks

K2

Mar 31, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2010
Doc's Request.
24-Mar-2010
penpal said:
Hi K2,

1.Yes u need PCC from both India and Dubai as u hv stayed for more than 6 months.
2.U get this in dubai from the CID office located near Al mulla plaza.I takes one week.
3.For Indian PCC u can approach the indian consulate in dubai.It takes 10 days.

thanks
Hey Penpal,

Thanks a lot for the help.

Regards,
K2

K2

Mar 31, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2010
Doc's Request.
24-Mar-2010
Hey Penpal,

Your indian passport is issued from India or UAE? Because my agent is telling me it will take more than 2 months to get PCC from Indian Consulate if my passport is issued from India.

Regards,
K2

penpal

Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi K2,

My passport was not issued form india,but my wife's passport was issued from india and we got it 10 days exactly.This was last year.

thanks

K2

Mar 31, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2010
Doc's Request.
24-Mar-2010
Thanks Penpal...

penpal

Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi Warm,

You are welcome to this forum.
I do not hv much idea about your profession.Let Qorax or Rocky or other seniors comment.

Thanks

sanjn

Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19 Jan 2009
Med's Request
26 Nov 2009
Med's Done....
19 Jan 2010
Interview........
07 Mar 2010
Passport Req..
Dated 11 May 2010 but rcvd on 04 Jun 2010. PP sent on 07/06/10
VISA ISSUED...
21 Jun 2010; Received on 29th Jun 2010
LANDED..........
17 Aug 2010 - Toronto
G2009 said:
Attention: quorax
Your contribution in guiding the applicants has been tremendous. Appreciate.
I would like to know how and when CIC organises interviews in Dubai? My case is pending since June 2009 as "In Process". To my case specific enquiry, I was told that file is up for interview. It was 2 months ago but I have not received any interview or information. I am NOC 4121.

I had reliquished PR voluntarily in Dec 2008 as I could not meet 730 days in 3 years requirement due to attenuating circumstances back home. It was acknowledged by CHC Abu Dhabi and accepted it. This was mentioned in the FSW application. Your thoughts on the case please. Thanks
G2009,

I was asked to sign a form voluntarily relinquishing my earlier PR, which they sent along with the medical forms and rprf request and which I was to return by feb. Subsequently, an interview was scheduled in march 1st week and now am waiting for some word from them.

I'm not sure if this helped in anyway.. just my 2bits. May the seniors here can throw more light on it.

-Sanjn

warm

Apr 3, 2010
penpal said:
Hi Warm,

You are welcome to this forum.
I do not hv much idea about your profession.Let Qorax or Rocky or other seniors comment.

Thanks
thank u vry much for ur attention...hav u heard of ny precedence regarding my case

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
penpal said:
Hi Qorax,

Thanks once again for your reply.

I was thinking of taking all my settlement funds in cash canadian dollars.As it is, once i get the SIN no.,which would be in a day's time of arrival,i should be able to open a bank account in Canada.Subsequently i may be able to deposit the cash.
Which agency do you recommend for conversion of dirhams to canadian dollars in dubai.If possible let me know the location,pls.

Hope i am not taxing you with my queries on a daily basis.Pls reply at your convenience.

Thanks
Hi,

U can obviously carry all the funds in 'cash', but it'd be risky, wouldn't it? If that's the case, why not to convert them into TCs? Better still -a demand draft ! If the funds quantity is large, I wouldn't recommend carrying all that cash around.

For the bank a/c all u need is the Visa & CPR [also called here as COPR] copies. SIN can be given to them later. But yes, obtaining the SIN is just a 25 minutes job [provided there's no queue -which usually is not].

U can obtain the Forex from any exchange house here. The one u have a relationship with, if u have their Remittance Card, will give u better rates. I have the UAE Exchange's Gold Card & they always give me the best possible rates. I exchanged some when in was '3.423' to a Dirham & they gave me '3.333'. Again, recently it was '3.516" & they offered me '3.4 something'. Though not much they can do, but anything was better, isn't it?

Regards,
Qorax