+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Driving to Canada from US - Soft Landing

harpreethwalia

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
I am sure this has been discussed in one of the threads here.
Me and my wife (and daughter) will be driving from US to Canada border (Niagra falls side) for our PR interview. This is the first time we will be travelling to Canada

Is it true that our PR landing interview will be done as soon as we enter Canada border or do we need take any appointment here? My daughter is US citizen. Its just me and my wife for PR interview.

Also, anything to keep in mind, things to carry with us while we drive to canada?
TIA

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
landing will be done within the border control office and PR card will be sent to a mailing address you provide them

Bring CoPR and passport, some form of accommodation or contact in Canada and perhaps proof of fund but those aren't necessary

Don't bring drugs (weeds is still not legal yet and will not be legal to carry across borders) and guns unless you have license. If you have animals you will need associated papers.

harpreethwalia

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
landing will be done within the border control office and PR card will be sent to a mailing address you provide them

Bring CoPR and passport, some form of accommodation or contact in Canada and perhaps proof of fund but those aren't necessary

Don't bring drugs (weeds is still not legal yet and will not be legal to carry across borders) and guns unless you have license. If you have animals you will need associated papers.
Thanks. i found few prior posts already discussing this but few questions

1) I am just going there for 1-2 weeks, do I need to show both "Accompanying Good" and "Goods to follow" documents?
2) If I drive my own car , is there an issue? Reading a lot that they might ask me to import it? Is it better to drive a rented card than my own (My car is on loan, not completely paid off)
3) What documents should I carry with me for my landing? I know COPR, Passports, Funds, Good accompanying and Goods to follow, Canada residence address....anything else.

TIA

Foxdie

Aug 30, 2017
Thanks. i found few prior posts already discussing this but few questions

1) I am just going there for 1-2 weeks, do I need to show both "Accompanying Good" and "Goods to follow" documents?
2) If I drive my own car , is there an issue? Reading a lot that they might ask me to import it? Is it better to drive a rented card than my own (My car is on loan, not completely paid off)
3) What documents should I carry with me for my landing? I know COPR, Passports, Funds, Good accompanying and Goods to follow, Canada residence address....anything else.

TIA
Looks like you and I are in exactly same position. Would love to know the answers to your questions. Cheers!

harpreethwalia

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
My only question at this point is about the car that I will be driving to Canada. Its my car (not rented) but it is financed.
Do I need to export/import his? not able to get a clear ans here

anyone?

dittojohn

May 24, 2018
Hello ,
Were you able to successfully do the PR landing through Rainbow bridge ? I am also planning to drive down from US in a rented car? Can we do it during weekends ?

harpreethwalia

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
Hello ,
Were you able to successfully do the PR landing through Rainbow bridge ? I am also planning to drive down from US in a rented car? Can we do it during weekends ?
Yes, we were successfully able to complete our landing. I dont think you can do this on weekend. it only happens (please check this again), Mon/Wed and Thurs

No issues with car. but make sure to fill the form for carrying future items. Especially for your big items like car etc

dittojohn

May 24, 2018
Hi. Thanks for your reply. I called up the immigration office. They mentioned since I am driving from USA I can do the landing 24* 7. They have restricted timings only for people who are residing in Canada and doing flagpole to process their PR.