+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Draw #240 - Feb 02, 2023 (FSW)

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
I have 489 point but have nt received ITA yet. How long does it take to get ITA after draw?
Candidates with same scores of draw cut-off are being affected by the tie-breaking rule. This means that they will receive the ITAs only if they entered the pool before the period of tie-breaking rule. For the recent draw it's as below:

Tie-breaking rule: March 29, 2022, at 16:09:00 UTC

Reactions: vkamath

L7843257

Nov 8, 2022
For those who are qualified for both CEC and FSW, and got an ITA from draw #240- FSW only. Can I ask how does it say on your profile/ITA? The reason I am asking is I noticed IRCC website shows that they would chose you as a CEC automatically if you are qualified for both programs.

Here are the words:
"For example:

• If you met the criteria for all three programs, the system would send you an invitation to apply for the CEC.
  • If you met the criteria for CEC and FSWP, you would also get an invitation to apply under the CEC.
  • If you met the criteria for FSWP and FSTP, you would get an invitation to apply under FSWP.
You can’t choose which program you are invited to apply for. The system will sort profiles based on the information you enter."

Does that mean people who qualified for both becomes CEC? Then how do they get invited last time from a FSW only draw? Please correct me if I am wrong. Thank you!

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
I have 489 point but have nt received ITA yet. How long does it take to get ITA after draw?
if you meet the tie breaking rule, then it takes about 24-48 hours from the draw. I dont know why it takes that long but it is what it is.

If you meet the tie breaking rule i.e. submitted application before March 29, 2022, at 16:09:00 UTC. If you submitted application after March 29 2022 you may not get an invite.

Reactions: rajkumarl

armitabbsn

Oct 6, 2020
Iran
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi
My crs is 489 and Im pharmacist
3days ago I received nomination oinp hcp
Do we need to provide more than just an employement letter for our work history? Or its just like the fsw process?

Nraj0811

Mar 15, 2019
Hey guys, I’m one of the luckiest who got picked up in this draw. Any watsapp group to discuss and for this group?

Reactions: dvdmrn

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
For those who are qualified for both CEC and FSW, and got an ITA from draw #240- FSW only. Can I ask how does it say on your profile/ITA? The reason I am asking is I noticed IRCC website shows that they would chose you as a CEC automatically if you are qualified for both programs.

Here are the words:
"For example:

• If you met the criteria for all three programs, the system would send you an invitation to apply for the CEC.
  • If you met the criteria for CEC and FSWP, you would also get an invitation to apply under the CEC.
  • If you met the criteria for FSWP and FSTP, you would get an invitation to apply under FSWP.
You can’t choose which program you are invited to apply for. The system will sort profiles based on the information you enter."

Does that mean people who qualified for both becomes CEC? Then how do they get invited last time from a FSW only draw? Please correct me if I am wrong. Thank you!
Every EE profile is a FSW profile
CEC
FSTP
PNP are its subsets

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
CEC
FSTP
PNP are its subsets
Does this mean there are people with only Canadian work experience and no foreign work experience that got invited in the last draw?

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
Does this mean there are people with only Canadian work experience and no foreign work experience that got invited in the last draw?
Both
All CEC are fsw as well
But all fsw may not be cec

Very few fsw only profiles will score above 481 , like those with siblings or Canada education, french skills etc

So I hope you now understand

Reactions: vkamath

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
CEC
FSTP
PNP are its subsets
Both
All CEC are fsw as well
But all fsw may not be cec
This is not accurate. FSWP, CEC and FSTP are different programs for economic immigration. Out of this, FSTP has separate immigration quota. EE is merely a ranked system to manage applicants for these programs and to decide which application to consider and process.

Each program has a different eligibility criteria.

FSWP has 67 points.
CEC requires minimum english level, 1 year of work exp NOC 2 or better in last three years on a WP or exempt from WP.
FSTP has english, 2 years work paid exp and job offer or CoQ requirement.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility.html

PNP is also a program but it has two ways:
1. Slower non express entry way (you do not have to be eligible for EE programs).
2. Faster express entry way in which you ALSO need to be eligible for one of the programs under EE.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees/eligibility.html

Under EE,
you can be eligible for one or more programs (FSW, CEC, FSTP). However, EE will invite you in following prefernce if you are eligible for multiple programs

CEC
FSW
FSTP

One can be eligible for CEC but not FSW and vice versa. Eg by not having an ECA. You, in theory, can qualify for CEC by just having experience and ielts score but never got your degree ECA'ed or never had a degree in the first place. ECA is must for FSW but not for CEC (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html#minimum).

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
This is not accurate. FSWP, CEC and FSTP are different programs for economic immigration. Out of this, FSTP has separate immigration quota. EE is merely a ranked system to manage applicants for these programs and to decide which application to consider and process.

Each program has a different eligibility criteria.

FSWP has 67 points.
CEC requires minimum english level, 1 year of work exp NOC 2 or better in last three years on a WP or exempt from WP.
FSTP has english, 2 years work paid exp and job offer or CoQ requirement.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility.html

PNP is also a program but it has two ways:
1. Slower non express entry way (you do not have to be eligible for EE programs).
2. Faster express entry way in which you ALSO need to be eligible for one of the programs under EE.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees/eligibility.html

Under EE,
you can be eligible for one or more programs (FSW, CEC, FSTP). However, EE will invite you in following prefernce if you are eligible for multiple programs

CEC
FSW
FSTP

One can be eligible for CEC but not FSW and vice versa. Eg by not having an ECA. You, in theory, can qualify for CEC by just having experience and ielts score but never got your degree ECA'ed or never had a degree in the first place. ECA is must for FSW but not for CEC (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html#minimum).
If I qualify for both CEC and FSW , will i be considered for FSW draw like the one on 1st Feb ?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
If I qualify for both CEC and FSW , will i be considered for FSW draw like the one on 1st Feb ?
I believe you should be. EE profile tells you what programs you qualify for.

I qualified for CEC and FSW in 2021 and was invited in CEC only draw.

ASJ4404

Feb 2, 2023

Here are the words:
"For example:

I read this part when I received an ITA on Feb 2nd. Actually, people who were qualified for
No
LIMIA

No points

All seems ok

Go ahead with your application ☺
Thanks for clarifying. I figured. So I should apply once I'm done with 1 year after 31st March?

ASJ4404

Feb 2, 2023
Even without Canadian work experience, you're ineligible to proceed due to your lower score i.e. 480. You need to wait for another draw. FYI, Ontario also held a draw yesterday, but if you received the federal ITA first then I'm afraid you might have missed the OINP draw and so many other candidates with similar situation might have missed it.
Oh! Is it. You mean to say I'm not eligible even if they sent me an ITA as my 1 year is not done at the time of receiving the ITA. Do you have any reference to show that I should decline. Help would be appreciated.

ASJ4404

Feb 2, 2023
You aren't entitled to the 50 points since what you have doesn't qualify as a job offer under EE. To qualify for the 50 points, your employer would either need to get an approved LMIA - or you would need to be on an LMIA -exempt closed work permit (such as an ICT) where your employer is named o the actual work permit.

There's nothing wrong with your selections. You simply don't qualify for te 50 points.
Thanks for the explanation. So you think i should go ahead and apply? If so. Shouldni wait until my 1 year of canadian work experience gets done on 1st March because they've counted those points while issuing the ITA.

L7843257

Nov 8, 2022
I believe you should be. EE profile tells you what programs you qualify for.

I qualified for CEC and FSW in 2021 and was invited in CEC only draw.
I am more confused....

So, are all CECs considered FSW as well?
If not, why do people who are qualified for both get invitation from an only FSW draw last time? In theory they should be considered as CEC right.

Thank you.