+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Draw #240 - Feb 02, 2023 (FSW)

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
I read this part when I received an ITA on Feb 2nd. Actually, people who were qualified for

Thanks for clarifying. I figured. So I should apply once I'm done with 1 year after 31st March?
In the last draw they were chosen as FSW because they were qualifying for fsw but invited as CEC for that's the law.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
So, are all CECs considered FSW as well?
Short answer, NO. Okay its simple.

Go here : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html -- see if you qualify for FSW. If you do, you might get an invite in FSW only round or no program specified round if your CSR is high enough.

Go here : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html -- see if you qualify for CEC. If you do, you might get an invite in CEC only or no program specified round if your CSR is high enough.

If you qualify for both, then in a no program specified round you will be invited as CEC, in CEC round you will be invited as CEC and in FSW only round you will be invited as FSW. In all case your CSR score needs to be high enough to be equal to or above cutoff score of round.

Its that simple.

1. Eligibility for program.
2. CSR Score to be invited in a round.

If not, why do people who are qualified for both get invitation from an only FSW draw last time? In theory they should be considered as CEC right.
If you qualify for both, you will be called in FSW only round (because you qualify for FSW as well, right? Both CEC and FSW); if your CSR score is high enough.

There are people who qualify for CEC only, they are not called in such a round no matter how high their CSR score.

Last edited:
Reactions: L7843257

L7843257

Nov 8, 2022
Short answer, NO. Okay its simple.

Go here : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html -- see if you qualify for FSW. If you do, you might get an invite in FSW only round or no program specified round if your CSR is high enough.

Go here : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html -- see if you qualify for CEC. If you do, you might get an invite in CEC only or no program specified round if your CSR is high enough.

If you qualify for both, then in a no program specified round you will be invited as CEC, in CEC round you will be invited as CEC and in FSW only round you will be invited as FSW. In all case your CSR score needs to be high enough to be equal to or above cutoff score of round.

Its that simple.

1. Eligibility for program.
2. CSR Score to be invited in a round.

If you qualify for both, you will be called in FSW only round (because you qualify for FSW as well, right? Both CEC and FSW); if your CSR score is high enough.

There are people who qualify for CEC only, they are not called in such a round no matter how high their CSR score.
Thanks for the explain! That's very clear

meetpatel58

Feb 3, 2023
I have 1.5 years of continuous Canadian work experience, but for earlier 10 months in Canada (under Work permit) My hours worked varied every week some 26 hours, some 40, some weeks I didn't work at all, However I was employed during this 10 month period, is this considered continuous?

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Oh! Is it. You mean to say I'm not eligible even if they sent me an ITA as my 1 year is not done at the time of receiving the ITA. Do you have any reference to show that I should decline. Help would be appreciated.
See, it's a system problem. As the data is entered in MM/YY format, not DD/MM format. That's why it fetches the experience points upfront as soon as the 11 months are completed and 12 month is started.. So, in that case one should always apply after the 1-year completion.

Also, during the submission of your e-APR, at any condition your crs shouldn't go below the draw cut-off that you received the ITA in. If it does, then it's gonna be a direct refusal. So, make sure you meet the draw cut-off and minimum eligibility requirements.

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
See, it's a system problem. As the data is entered in MM/YY format, not DD/MM format. That's why it fetches the experience points upfront as soon as the 11 months are completed and 12 month is started.. So, in that case one should always apply after the 1-year completion.

Also, during the submission of your e-APR, at any condition your crs shouldn't go below the draw cut-off that you received the ITA in. If it does, then it's gonna be a direct refusal. So, make sure you meet the draw cut-off and minimum eligibility requirements.
It's the score at the time of ITA that matters and that's final , you don't loose points unless you lack evidence for which you claimed points

Regarding experience i don't see any logic of delaying application but there is no harm in delaying. When their system gives you points in month cut off and the same system gives you ITA , they cannot reject the application even if you leave that job the next day after ITA

I would have applied without delay, but it's your decision

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
It's the score at the time of ITA that matters and that's final , you don't loose points unless you lack evidence for which you claimed points

Regarding experience i don't see any logic of delaying application but there is no harm in delaying. When their system gives you points in month cut off and the same system gives you ITA , they cannot reject the application even if you leave that job the next day after ITA

I would have applied without delay, but it's your decision
This is not completely correct mate. You might not have an idea about the process involved.

Having an ITA with a good score doesn't mean you're through. Your CRS is recalculated and validated once the relevant documents are submitted.

Candidate's information provided at the time of ITA (Stage 1) and e-APR submission (Stage 2) is closely compared and verified by the case processing officers. In case of any inconsistency or lack of validation, the application will be at the verge of refusal under section A11.2 assessment. So, both the stages are crucial.

"Under section A11.2, an officer may not issue a visa to an applicant who did not or does not meet the Express Entry minimum entry criteria (MEC) or did not or does not possess the qualifications for which they received their CRS score at the time when

• the invitation to apply (ITA) was issued; or
  • the e-APR was received by IRCC.
When reviewing an application, processing offices must determine if

• the applicant possesses the qualifications that they declared in their e-APR, as corroborated by the applicant’s supporting documentation; and
  • when the applicant submits their e-APR, the information provided in their Express Entry profile has not materially changed to the degree that the applicant would not have been issued an ITA in that round of invitations.
Accordingly, officers should refuse an application under section A11.2 if it is determined that

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

Last edited:

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
I have 1.5 years of continuous Canadian work experience, but for earlier 10 months in Canada (under Work permit) My hours worked varied every week some 26 hours, some 40, some weeks I didn't work at all, However I was employed during this 10 month period, is this considered continuous?
As per IRCC, if a candidate worked at least 30hours/week only then it would be considered as full-time, not otherwise. So, it all depends on how it's documented. Check with your employer.

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
This is not completely correct mate. You might not have an idea about the process involved.

Having an ITA with a good score doesn't mean you're through. Your CRS is recalculated and validated once the relevant documents are submitted.

Candidate's information provided at the time of ITA (Stage 1) and submission of e-APR (Stage 2) is closely verified and compared by the case processing officers. In case of any inconsistency or lack of validation, the application will be at the verge of refusal under section A11.2 assessment. So, both the stages are crucial.

"Under section A11.2, an officer may not issue a visa to an applicant who did not or does not meet the Express Entry minimum entry criteria (MEC) or did not or does not possess the qualifications for which they received their CRS score at the time when

• the invitation to apply (ITA) was issued; or
  • the e-APR was received by IRCC.
When reviewing an application, processing offices must determine if

• the applicant possesses the qualifications that they declared in their e-APR, as corroborated by the applicant’s supporting documentation; and
  • when the applicant submits their e-APR, the information provided in their Express Entry profile has not materially changed to the degree that the applicant would not have been issued an ITA in that round of invitations.
Accordingly, officers should refuse an application under section A11.2 if it is determined that

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html
Answer 1 smple questions

Will someone loose points for age if the birthday falls after ITA and before eApr?

I clearly said that one does not gain or loose points after ITA unless he lacks evidence

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Answer 1 smple questions

Will someone loose points for age if the birthday falls after ITA and before eApr?

I clearly said that one does not gain or loose points after ITA unless he lacks evidence
Score reduction because of birthdays is completed exempted under the same section. In that case, officers can't refuse an application if score falls below draw cut-off. This too has been mentioned in the shared webpage link above.

IRCC is strict about work experience period. Officers can refuse the whole application even if you're 1 week short of total eligible experience.

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
Score reduction because of birthdays is completed exempted under the same section. In that case, officers can't refuse an application if score falls below draw cut-off. This too has been mentioned in the shared webpage link above.

IRCC is strict about work experience period. Officers can refuse the whole application even if you're 1 week short of total eligible experience.
I know they can refuse even if one day short on experience, but what I am saying is that for your current job if their own system which increases your points the moment you reach 12th month , they cannot refuse the application

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
I know they can refuse even if one day short on experience, but what I am saying is that for your current job if their own system which increases your points the moment you reach 12th month , they cannot refuse the application
That's completely at officer's discretion.

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
That's completely at officer's discretion.
No
It's not a TRV that they can use their descreetion, they have to go by the law.

As per the experience calculation it's always been month to month regardless of dates , some people don't update their profile when they loose their current job and when they get ITA they cannot provide evidence and get rejected

Dsp14.21

Feb 7, 2023
Hi
I have a query..please help me out.
Actually I created my EE profile in which the country of residence was by mistake choosen different instead of Canada, while I am in Canada and do have Canadian education and work experience. But this mistake came to my notice after I received ITA under this FSW draw, so is there any way I can update my EE profile or will it be a problem if I go ahead with my APR where I can change it ?

Can anyone guide me in this situation ??