+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Draw # 176, CEC @ 75

jar_brz

Oct 30, 2019
Hello folks and dear experts @legalfalcon @caipsnotes @scylla
I am filling out my CEC e-APR, and I would appreciate it if someone could help me with a few questions.

My son is 19 years old and he was living in Canada with me since 2018. In Setempber 2020, he went to our home country and got stuck there since then.
He has a valid study permit and eTA and is enrolled in a Canadian high school, currently attending online classes.

1. Should I mention Canada as his country of residence, or my home country (considering he is in my home country since September 2020)?
2. In the current address piece, should I mention the current outland address, or should I keep the Canadian address?
3. Should I mention this travel to the home country in travel history?
4. Should I mention this situation in the LoE?

Thank you very much!

sparkiye

Apr 14, 2018
If it’s for the country that you were in before you travelled to Canada, then yes you need a new one as your PCC should cover your whole stay in that country.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

To get PCC instructions: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html

You’re not required to provide Canadian PCC. It may be requested by an IRCC officer later on when your app is in process.
Thank you for the answer & links NOC98, really helpful. So new PPC is applicable even if you are a citizen of that country right before you moved to Canada?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Thank you for the answer & links NOC98, really helpful. So new PPC is applicable even if you are a citizen of that country right before you moved to Canada?
If you read the links above, it’ll say which countries would require you to provide PCCs and criteria of when those PCCs should be dated.

Reactions: sparkiye
May 13, 2020
Hi everybody! I applied for PNP and now I received my ITA and my PNP is almost approved. I was going to submit my application without PNP but I received a message that I will receive it on Monday. Do you think PNP will help me? it will put me in a better situation or I shouldn't wait for it? I am confused.

Mew

Star Member
Feb 1, 2021
I did upfront medicals in July 2020. Can I still use same medicals for my application right now? It should be valid for 1 year (so until July 2021, correct?)
p.s. my first application in July was returned as incomplete (missing original PCC), just so you know why I did medicals at that time

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
I did upfront medicals in July 2020. Can I still use same medicals for my application right now? It should be valid for 1 year (so until July 2021, correct?)
p.s. my first application in July was returned as incomplete (missing original PCC), just so you know why I did medicals at that time
Better get a new one. Your PR visa and/or COPR validity is tied to your medical expiration. Given that processing timelines are stretched, it’d be a huge luck on your side to get a decision and land in Canada before your COPR expires. Once your medical expires and your app is still in progress, your medicals will be sent for reassessment to determine whether you need medicals again or not. Not sure how long that reassessment is going to take. My advice is save yourself from further delays and get a new medical report just before you submit your application.

Mew

Star Member
Feb 1, 2021
Better get a new one. Your PR visa and/or COPR validity is tied to your medical expiration. Given that processing timelines are stretched, it’d be a huge luck on your side to get a decision and land in Canada before your COPR expires. Once your medical expires and your app is still in progress, your medicals will be sent for reassessment to determine whether you need medicals again or not. Not sure how long that reassessment is going to take. My advice is save yourself from further delays and get a new medical report just before you submit your application.
I am in Canada, I am CEC applicant currently working and living here.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
I am in Canada, I am CEC applicant currently working and living here.
It’s the same, COPR is tied to your medical validity. You can still use it. But if you’re still waiting for a decision by July 2021, your medicals would have expired by then and it will be sent for reassessment - whether you need a new one or if the old one will be extended. So completely up to you.

Mew

Star Member
Feb 1, 2021
It’s the same, COPR is tied to your medical validity. You can still use it. But if you’re still waiting for a decision by July 2021, your medicals would have expired by then and it will be sent for reassessment - whether you need a new one or if the old one will be extended. So completely up to you.
Got it, thank you so much for detailed answer :)

vmalik93

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Hi guys.

I need an urgent help. It is as follows:-

I have completed my one year before the draw @75. However, I am not sure if I can continue working at my current work place. Does this thing affect my chances to get PR if company decides to terminate the employment. Or it will be ok to find another job ?

Any suggestions will be helpful

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi guys.

I need an urgent help. It is as follows:-

I have completed my one year before the draw @75. However, I am not sure if I can continue working at my current work place. Does this thing affect my chances to get PR if company decides to terminate the employment. Or it will be ok to find another job ?

As long as you have one year of Canadian work experience, you’re eligible for CEC. If you’re on open work permit, you can look for another job that’s NOC 0, A or B. You can add multiple Canadian work experiences to accumulate 1 year.

pradha

Mar 11, 2021
Hello Guys,
Need some clarification on work experience document to be submitted. I receive the ITA on Feb 13th. I an currently in ICT WP and have 2+ years of Canadian experience. I have been with my current company for over 13year working out of different countries. I have all the documents and its content as per the guidelines.
However, prior to my current company, I have worked with a company which was acquired multiple times in last 13year (since I left) and does not exist any more.. The content of experience letter from my previous company does not have roles & responsibilities. It just have the start and end dates with designation on the companies letter head. Also as the company does not exist there is no one who can who can be contacted to provide the detailed experience letter.
would there be any issue on PR processing if previous exp. letter is not complete as per the guidelines?
anyone with similar situation, please share you experience and let me know what can be done here.

Thank you in advance!!

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hello Guys,
Need some clarification on work experience document to be submitted. I receive the ITA on Feb 13th. I an currently in ICT WP and have 2+ years of Canadian experience. I have been with my current company for over 13year working out of different countries. I have all the documents and its content as per the guidelines.
However, prior to my current company, I have worked with a company which was acquired multiple times in last 13year (since I left) and does not exist any more.. The content of experience letter from my previous company does not have roles & responsibilities. It just have the start and end dates with designation on the companies letter head. Also as the company does not exist there is no one who can who can be contacted to provide the detailed experience letter.
would there be any issue on PR processing if previous exp. letter is not complete as per the guidelines?
anyone with similar situation, please share you experience and let me know what can be done here.

Thank you in advance!!
Did you claim points for it? You only get max points in the CRS for 3 years of foreign work experience in the past 10 years. If you submit that ref letter with missing details, IRCC can accept or deduct points. If they deduct points, check whether you still meet the MEC of the program you were invited in and your recalculated score is still above the cut off. If these are okay, you’re still safe.

Reactions: pradha

ura2021

Mar 14, 2021
Hello everyone!

I'm still in Canada at the moment but I'll be travelling to the UK for educational purposes in April. I'll be there for more than 6 months so I know I'll have to update IRCC of my address change. Does anyone have any idea as to what will happen to my application after I update IRCC? I'm hypothesizing here, but will my application be moved to a processing centre in my new country of residence? Is my application going to be delayed as a result of this???

mehulchopra06

Mar 17, 2021
Toronto,CA
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
6316 B
Nomination.....
14-02-2021
LANDED..........
22-12-2018
i also got the invitation on feb14 crs draw75 points.

In my case i claim i started my work on oct 01,2018 while i was waiting for my PGWP decision to be made, however i got reply on Nov 27th that it got refused. So, i ended up went straight to the port of entry border on next day near buffalo and Windsor border. And get it approved on Nov 28th,2018.

So my question is that ok to show the Canadian work experience on applied status as i got ita already.

also i have 19 months of paystubs
claimed two year of work experience before ita
Oct 2018 - sept 2019 - 1 year
oct 2019 - March 2020 -6 months
march 2020 - aug 2020 - covid laid off also have a +ve report of covid while resume back to work
Oct 2020 - Till now - 6 months