+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

dont see option to select multiple visa under IMM5257 form

vanwilder

Star Member
Apr 16, 2011
hello,

I am filling an application for visitor visa IMM 5257. however i dont see an option under visa requested to select Multiple visa. It only has option either for visitor or transit visa. How can I notify visa officer that i am looking to apply multiple entry? (old IMM5257 form used to have that option new one dont ) any idea anyone?

Also I submitted all docs i dont have the iterenirary. is Iterinirerary absulutely necessary?

I would appreciate any idea

ajcanada

Star Member
Oct 13, 2013
Visa Office......
ottawa
Doc's Request.
rcmp 05-05-2014
AOR Received.
07-01-2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
31 may 2014
Med's Done....
2 june and got RPRF same day
Interview........
June 18 status changed to medical recieved
Passport Req..
June 19, status changed to decision made JUNE 20
LANDED..........
July 6
vanwilder said:
hello,

I am filling an application for visitor visa IMM 5257. however i dont see an option under visa requested to select Multiple visa. It only has option either for visitor or transit visa. How can I notify visa officer that i am looking to apply multiple entry? (old IMM5257 form used to have that option new one dont ) any idea anyone?

Also I submitted all docs i dont have the iterenirary. is Iterinirerary absulutely necessary?

i think in new changes to visitor visa,all application been consider as Multiple entry visa.

castropolitan

Sep 3, 2014
vanwilder said:
hello,

Please let me know.. if you find our.. im looking the same..

I have the confusion about visitor visa or Temporal Residence Visa within canada.
Cheers

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajcanada said:
i think in new changes to visitor visa,all application been consider as Multiple entry visa.
The note in here does indicate that - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=417&t=16
Starting on February 6, 2014 (00:01 EST), all visa applicants will automatically be considered for a multiple entry visa. The visa officer reviewing your application may be able to give you this type of visa even if you applied for a single entry visa.

That would lightly explain why the option was removed in the new IMM5257 forms, although now, the applicant cannot outright ask for the multiple entry visa, and this discretion is now in the hands of the visa officers.

See here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/processing/visa.asp

.../atb