+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does SCDL Approved BY WES???

Incridible India

Jun 7, 2017
Dear sir,

Have you got recognized from IQAS, today I got report from WES as non recognized institution as mine was PGDBA from.SCDL in the year 2008.to 2010, when I called scdl, they said they were recognized by UGC then. I don't know what to do next as I have already spend money on Wes.

Pls help if you know anything.

Hi Friends,

I Filled up application form for ECA in WES website with user id and password. At the time of entering educational credentials we got options to select university/institute from where we did the course. So SCDL is there in the list.

So my query is if SCDL is there in their list while feeling application for ECA (I am not saying about in the list of degree equivalency tool. SCDL is not there) then isn't it possible that they are considering SCDL as recognized institute and validating it's PGDBA.

Yet I have not completed my application, its still incomplete. Confuse whether to go for WES/IQAS. I deeply wish my PGDBA from SCDL to be evaluated and want to increase my points for this. Otherwise I will end up with just bachelor degree.
Awaiting your inputs in this matter.

Incridible India

Jun 7, 2017
Sir, have you applied with IQAS and got any report.

Unfortunately my agent insisted to go with wes n I wasted money by being non recognized from WES today.

Mine is pgdba from.scdl in the year 2008 to 2010.

Pls help n reply

Hi,

Yesterday I made inquiry with IQAS regardinng SCDL. Amazingly prompt reply within a day I got. But answer was however open ended.
please find below their answer.

Thank you for your inquiry regarding applying to the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) for an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA).

IQAS does not provide a statement about the recognition of institution prior to completing the assessment process. Determining whether the institution you attended was recognized at the specific time of your attendance requires research, which would be possible only after you submit your application and all the necessary documents.

IQAS only conducts assessments of education obtained at institutions that meet the following recognition criteria:
• the institution is formally approved by a designated competent authority within its own country as a quality institution
• the institution is widely accepted by other institutions and agencies, both within and outside the country

Review your country’s educational institution recognition process if you’re unsure if your institution meets this criteria.

To access detailed information about the application process and required documents, please visit the IQAS website at: www.alberta.ca/iqas-immigration.aspx

Kind Regards,

PL
Client Services
Government of Alberta
Ministry of Labour

Incridible India

Jun 7, 2017
Dear friends,

Today I have received WES report n they have non recognized my PGDBA done from SCDL in the year 2008 to 2010.

What should I do, shall I need to send it to IQAS for verification. Do we have anyone got positive from IQAS.

Pls reply and help me.

Thank you in advance.

Incridible India

Jun 7, 2017
Dear sir,

Does IQAS recognize PGDBA from.SCDL.
Have anyone got positive report from.the

Waiting for your reply as I have wasted money on wes already n they have non recognized mine pgdba in 2008.to 2010

Been there, done that. Forget WES / ICAS, would suggest you to go for IQAS.

Incridible India

Jun 7, 2017
Sure I am thinking to take chance with IQAS. And What about 1 year PG Diploma in Interntaional Business Operations from IGNOU. Is this course evaluated by any of agency WES/ICAS/IQAS.
Hav u got your 1 year PG in International Business Operation from IGNOU recognised by WES..???

can-dream

Jul 24, 2017
Dear sir,

Have you got recognized from IQAS, today I got report from WES as non recognized institution as mine was PGDBA from.SCDL in the year 2008.to 2010, when I called scdl, they said they were recognized by UGC then. I don't know what to do next as I have already spend money on Wes.

Pls help if you know anything.

no dear from the review of other candidates it seems WES will not at all recognize SCDL. This is pathetic.

Prabhjeet1982

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
Dear Folks,

Apart from WES, does any one ever tried to get the SCDL diploma evaluated from others (like ICAS). I am planning to send my SCDL diploma for evaluation to ICAs, as they have responded stating that they will evaluate if institute is approved by UGC or DEC. SCDL is approved by DEC.

Please do let me know if any one is successful in getting SCDl diploma evaluated from other than WES.

Thanks for your help in advance

Regards
Max
Did you get a positive reply

Prabhjeet1982

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
Please do not waste your money with WES. In this thread only on Page 1, some one have received a rejection from WES for SCDL. Try IQAS as I have sent my SCDL diploma to ICAS and they take months to evaluate. IQAS is evaluating in 30 days.

Nov 19, 2016 at 8:41 AM
I have applied to WES and unfortunately they did not recognize SCDL instead of UGC and DEB approval.
:(
I have asked for review but no response.
It is totally unfair for WES not to grant university which is UGC/DEB approved.

Anyone got a luck with other evaluation agency like ICWS?

Cheers
Max
Did you get positive reply

Ankv1978

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Guys. Greetings to all of u.
I was just going through this forum and noticed I am also in similar boat like u all. The so called "SCDL victims". So now I plan to check with IQAS. I just want to know that my graduation is recognised by WES. But masters in international trade from SCDL is not recognised by WES.
So my question is that can I just apply for ECA Of sims masters degree from IQAS and use WES report for graduation?? I mean two diff degrees evaluated by different bodies for express entry profile creation??

Ankv1978

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Guys. Greetings to all of u.
I was just going through this forum and noticed I am also in similar boat like u all. The so called "SCDL victims". So now I plan to check with IQAS. I just want to know that my graduation is recognised by WES. But masters in international trade from SCDL is not recognised by WES.
So my question is that can I just apply for ECA Of sims masters degree from IQAS and use WES report for graduation?? I mean two diff degrees evaluated by different bodies for express entry profile creation??
Friends any reply on this query of mine??