+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does SCDL Approved BY WES???

Amrit.Negi

Jul 2, 2017
Dear Sir / Mam,

If ICAS consider institution / university to be recognised by UGC OR DEC when a student has taken admission for the course,

I had taken admission in scdl on 2008 and completed PGDBA on 2010, was that time it was recognised by UGC OR DEC, Please reply.
Go for IQAS. I had raised same query to IQAS and their response was still positive. Can forward their response to you if you want.

"Reply" to

Reactions: Incridible India

Incridible India

Jun 7, 2017
Go for IQAS. I had raised same query to IQAS and their response was still positive. Can forward their response to you if you want.

"Reply" to
Yes sir, please send their n also do you get positive response from IQAS, I mean does anyone got score on post graduate from scdl, can I send my Pgdba to IQAS now as I always send it to WES

Amrit.Negi

Jul 2, 2017
Yes sir, please send their n also do you get positive response from IQAS, I mean does anyone got score on post graduate from scdl, can I send my Pgdba to IQAS now as I always send it to WES

Share your email id and I'd forward email I received from IQAS.

I have not heard of anyone who got positive assessment report for SCDL diploma especially from WES / ICAS.
Have heard about some success stories from IQAS though.

can-dream

Jul 24, 2017
Dear Sir / Mam,

If ICAS consider institution / university to be recognised by UGC OR DEC when a student has taken admission for the course,

I had taken admission in scdl on 2008 and completed PGDBA on 2010, was that time it was recognised by UGC OR DEC, Please reply.
Hello,

Please find below link and check the status
SCDL is in the list of UGC - (UNIVERSITY GRANT COMMISSION) Distance Education Bureau of India. Has recognition since 1995-96. (I have join course in 2006)

please check page no 70 - http://www.ugc.ac.in/deb/pdf/Final_list_for_website_2014-15.pdf

I am also puzzuled why WES not validating PGDBA from SCDL. I was in 2006-2008 batch.

Amrit.Negi

Jul 2, 2017
Hello,

Please find below link and check the status
SCDL is in the list of UGC - (UNIVERSITY GRANT COMMISSION) Distance Education Bureau of India. Has recognition since 1995-96. (I have join course in 2006)

please check page no 70 - http://www.ugc.ac.in/deb/pdf/Final_list_for_website_2014-15.pdf

I am also puzzuled why WES not validating PGDBA from SCDL. I was in 2006-2008 batch.
Been there, done that. Forget WES / ICAS, would suggest you to go for IQAS.

can-dream

Jul 24, 2017
Been there, done that. Forget WES / ICAS, would suggest you to go for IQAS.[

Sure I am thinking to take chance with IQAS. And What about 1 year PG Diploma in Interntaional Business Operations from IGNOU. Is this course evaluated by any of agency WES/ICAS/IQAS.

can-dream

Jul 24, 2017
Sure I am thinking to take chance with IQAS. And What about 1 year PG Diploma in Interntaional Business Operations from IGNOU. Is this course evaluated by any of agency WES/ICAS/IQAS.

Amrit.Negi

Jul 2, 2017
Hope so, WES considers diploma courses from IGNOU. Should not be a challenge for IQAS as well as IGNOU is recognized (UGC, DES)

can-dream

Jul 24, 2017
Hi,

Yesterday I made inquiry with IQAS regardinng SCDL. Amazingly prompt reply within a day I got. But answer was however open ended.
please find below their answer.

Thank you for your inquiry regarding applying to the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) for an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA).

IQAS does not provide a statement about the recognition of institution prior to completing the assessment process. Determining whether the institution you attended was recognized at the specific time of your attendance requires research, which would be possible only after you submit your application and all the necessary documents.

IQAS only conducts assessments of education obtained at institutions that meet the following recognition criteria:
• the institution is formally approved by a designated competent authority within its own country as a quality institution
• the institution is widely accepted by other institutions and agencies, both within and outside the country

Review your country’s educational institution recognition process if you’re unsure if your institution meets this criteria.

To access detailed information about the application process and required documents, please visit the IQAS website at: www.alberta.ca/iqas-immigration.aspx

Kind Regards,

PL
Client Services
Government of Alberta
Ministry of Labour

can-dream

Jul 24, 2017
Hi Friends,

I Filled up application form for ECA in WES website with user id and password. At the time of entering educational credentials we got options to select university/institute from where we did the course. So SCDL is there in the list.

So my query is if SCDL is there in their list while feeling application for ECA (I am not saying about in the list of degree equivalency tool. SCDL is not there) then isn't it possible that they are considering SCDL as recognized institute and validating it's PGDBA.

Yet I have not completed my application, its still incomplete. Confuse whether to go for WES/IQAS. I deeply wish my PGDBA from SCDL to be evaluated and want to increase my points for this. Otherwise I will end up with just bachelor degree.
Awaiting your inputs in this matter.

Maxpandey

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Secunderabad
NOC Code......
Hi Guys, Any one received any positive for SCDL diploma either from IQAS or ICAS. I have sent that to ICAS and they literally take 4 months for evaluation. So I will be receiving my evaluation at least by Oct end. Below is my status:-

07/12/2017 Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
07/05/2017 Additional Information / Documents Received
06/22/2017 Documents reviewed, awaiting official documents
06/14/2017 Additional Information / Documents Received
06/08/2017 Additional Information / Documents Received
05/03/2017 Application Received

Thanks
Max

Maxpandey

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Secunderabad
NOC Code......
Please do not waste your money with WES. In this thread only on Page 1, some one have received a rejection from WES for SCDL. Try IQAS as I have sent my SCDL diploma to ICAS and they take months to evaluate. IQAS is evaluating in 30 days.

Nov 19, 2016 at 8:41 AM
I have applied to WES and unfortunately they did not recognize SCDL instead of UGC and DEB approval.
:(
I have asked for review but no response.
It is totally unfair for WES not to grant university which is UGC/DEB approved.

Anyone got a luck with other evaluation agency like ICWS?

Cheers
Max

Reactions: can-dream

Incridible India

Jun 7, 2017
Dear friends,

Today I have received WES report n they have non recognized my PGDBA done from SCDL in the year 2008 to 2010.

What should I do, shall I need to send it to IQAS for verification. Do we have anyone got positive from IQAS.

Pls reply and help me.

Thank you in advance.