+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Lawyers Needed for Claiming Refugee?

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other
Is it possible to claim refugee inside Canada without a lawyer? or it is mandatory to have one? If I submit it without any lawyers, will the government assign one?

Unicornicaaa

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Vancouver
Category........
Other
No It's not mandatory to hire a lawyer. Even though an expert lawyer could ease your way more to achieve your goal. You can also find free lawyer at legal aid organization around your living location.

MZHSECA

Star Member
Jul 8, 2021
No,it is not mandatory as per the law.However it is recommended that you must hire a lawyer to construct your legal arguments in conjunction with the Canadian case law.It is not always straightforward to argue whether your case would qualify as 'persecution' and if your fear is 'well founded' and 'credible'.

skyisthelimitbd

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
Since filling BOC form to till today at my hearing day , i didnt have any Lawyer. I was confident , worked out about my case and about Canadian refugee law and bingo .
Got my decision within 40 minutes of my hearing time .
this was a brave decision , so you must be confident what you are going to do .

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Since filling BOC form to till today at my hearing day , i didnt have any Lawyer. I was confident , worked out about my case and about Canadian refugee law and bingo .
Got my decision within 40 minutes of my hearing time .
this was a brave decision , so you must be confident what you are going to do .
It could work with you but not with everyone. Thats why we need expert to assist. I know someone did exactly the same as you did and got negative… He had to find lawyer to make arguement about the law, and most lawyer didnt take the case. If one has to think in bigger picture with all legal possibilities in future, then lawyer up… its like learning some basic tax law/regulation to prepare for complex accounting matter. Its not the right thing to do, imo. Plus your situation was less complex, you dont know his

Reactions: MZHSECA

skyisthelimitbd

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
It could work with you but not with everyone. Thats why we need expert to assist. I know someone did exactly the same as you did and got negative… He had to find lawyer to make arguement about the law, and most lawyer didnt take the case. If one has to think in bigger picture with all legal possibilities in future, then lawyer up… its like learning some basic tax law/regulation to prepare for complex accounting matter. Its not the right thing to do, imo. Plus your situation was less complex, you dont know his
I am not disagreed with you . I took this chances that doesnt mean everybody has to take it .The BOC form is self explanatory. It consist of every question raised in a refugee claim. My case was genuine and as well as papers . I followed national documentation packages . It took al most a month to finish my BOC .The reason i didnt took any lawyer is mainly based on one decision and that is , i only know what happened with me , so i sum up the whole truth in detail pin point description .
When your luck is playing roulette with you everyday , then why not you played the roulette to rule the luck one day ?
Taking Lawyer doesn't give any body ,any confirmation that he's gonna win .

Life is a Roulette, Boss

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I am not disagreed with you . I took this chances that doesnt mean everybody has to take it .The BOC form is self explanatory. It consist of every question raised in a refugee claim. My case was genuine and as well as papers . I followed national documentation packages . It took al most a month to finish my BOC .The reason i didnt took any lawyer is mainly based on one decision and that is , i only know what happened with me , so i sum up the whole truth in detail pin point description .
When your luck is playing roulette with you everyday , then why not you played the roulette to rule the luck one day ?
Taking Lawyer doesn't give any body ,any confirmation that he's gonna win .

Life is a Roulette, Boss
Unfortunately I dont play roulette with my life, dont believe in lucky and i like to plan in a bigger picture, plug all the holes and take a course.

I would strongly advice anyone to have an expert if its provided for free or one can afford.

And ofcourse we both agree if lawyer is available, make sense go that route.
Congrats for your preps and positive decision by the way.

Masjuy

Dec 6, 2020
My case was very strong, I had Canadian evidence, my case was more then 120 pages
I had lawyer and I do not regret for a min, I was so happy with his job.
I would strongly recommend to get a lawyer.
They know more, but of course everyone has different opinions.