+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Lawyers Needed for Claiming Refugee?

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other
Since filling BOC form to till today at my hearing day , i didnt have any Lawyer. I was confident , worked out about my case and about Canadian refugee law and bingo .
Got my decision within 40 minutes of my hearing time .
this was a brave decision , so you must be confident what you are going to do .
Thank you, that is encouraging. I might go with legal aid as I can't afford hiring a good one but I'm confident that everything happens for a reason even with a negative decision life doesn't end. Saying the truth doesn't always bring good but sometimes it can help you in the future to win.

Reactions: skyisthelimitbd

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you, that is encouraging. I might go with legal aid as I can't afford hiring a good one but I'm confident that everything happens for a reason even with a negative decision life doesn't end. Saying the truth doesn't always bring good but sometimes it can help you in the future to win.
If you qualified to study in Canada starting this summer you had to show a significant amount of savings.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Well I'm not going to pay 8K to someone just to fill my applications! either for free or I will fill them myself.
Whether you qualify depends on the amount of assets you have. Applying for asylum is not just filling out forms and you get one shot at it. You can try to make an arrangement for you to fill out the application and pay for someone to review your application and make any changes necessary and accompany you to your hearing which should cost less.