+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does IQAS recognize Degree from Sikkim Manipal University

Waseem Shaikh

Nov 2, 2017
IQAS has recognized my degree from SMU MBA Distance completed in 2015 in their ECA. I got a soft copy of ECA in an email a day back. Though they didnt mention any Fedex Courier service number, they mentioned that Ill receive it the ECA courier soon.
Hi Ganesh,
what equivalency in canadian education system did they give you. Have they considered your MBA as master for PG diploma.

avneetsethi01

Jun 18, 2018
Iqas suggest you ask University to send transcript directly. In my case, smu sent directly. But in some forums, some people sent transcript to iqas by their own. I would suggest you to ask University to send iqas directly, its also save some days regarding delivery.
Hi Arindam,

Wanted to know if I apply for an ECA with IQAS using only your MBA (distance degree) from SMUDE, without assessing my bachelors degree from DU, will that be considered as masters equivalent?

Kindly update
Avneet Singh

cuteJ

Feb 21, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Can anybody tell me if ICAS or IQAS accepts 1 Year PGDM (distance learning) course from SMU? If yes, then, what equivalency is provided if it is combined with Bachelors of Technology as graduation?

Thanks in advance.

nick03

Jul 16, 2018
Hi All,

I have 2 queries....

1) I have done my MCA from SMU (distance) and had got lateral entry to 2nd semester as I had done a diploma certification course of 36 months from NIIT. I'm also getting my certification course transcripts as a note for lateral entry..

I'm planning ECA from IQAS as SMU is recognized here but Has anyone come across a lateral entry scenario and was approved by IQAS as Masters degree??

2) I also have PGDBM (Executive) from NMIMS . Will this be considered as Masters level to get score?

Looking for a response.. Thnx

arindam.d

Feb 14, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi Arindam,

Wanted to know if I apply for an ECA with IQAS using only your MBA (distance degree) from SMUDE, without assessing my bachelors degree from DU, will that be considered as masters equivalent?

Kindly update
Avneet Singh
Yes, In IQAS, they evaluate only highest degree. You can send bachelor degree too but that's optional. Only masters transcription will be fine.

sumit24

Sep 6, 2018
IQAS has recognized my degree from SMU MBA Distance completed in 2015 in their ECA. I got a soft copy of ECA in an email a day back. Though they didnt mention any Fedex Courier service number, they mentioned that Ill receive it the ECA courier soon.
hi ganesh- can you pls tell me if you got your bachelors degree accredited as well or was it only the MBA one?

Tanu D

May 19, 2018
Anyone with MBA from SMU in the year 2011 or before? IQAS has rejected my MBA degree saying uni was not accredited during that year. They have not given me clear reason though. Please help

nick03

Jul 16, 2018
Anyone with MBA from SMU in the year 2011 or before? IQAS has rejected my MBA degree saying uni was not accredited during that year. They have not given me clear reason though. Please help
Hi Tanu,

Were you able to do anything about this?
My MCA is prior to 2011 from SMU..

Tanu D

May 19, 2018
Hi Tanu,

Were you able to do anything about this?
My MCA is prior to 2011 from SMU..
I checked with them and they replied:

With regard to Sikkim Manipal University, IQAS only assesses its credentials that are recognized by the competent authority of the country, the University Grants Commission (UGC). For distance education programs from the university to be assessed, they must be approved by the Distance Education Bureau (DEB) of UGC or its predecessor, the Distance Education Council (DEC), and must be deemed valid as per relevant UGC regulationsand rulings of the Sikkim High Court and the Supreme Court of India. Your MBA is not included in our assessment because Sikkim Manipal University does not have territorial jurisdiction beyond the State of Sikkim, and any study completed at an unapproved campus or study centre outside of Sikkim is considered unrecognized.

nick03

Jul 16, 2018
I checked with them and they replied:

With regard to Sikkim Manipal University, IQAS only assesses its credentials that are recognized by the competent authority of the country, the University Grants Commission (UGC). For distance education programs from the university to be assessed, they must be approved by the Distance Education Bureau (DEB) of UGC or its predecessor, the Distance Education Council (DEC), and must be deemed valid as per relevant UGC regulationsand rulings of the Sikkim High Court and the Supreme Court of India. Your MBA is not included in our assessment because Sikkim Manipal University does not have territorial jurisdiction beyond the State of Sikkim, and any study completed at an unapproved campus or study centre outside of Sikkim is considered unrecognized.
This does not state any year in which SMU was not recognized.. Do you have any other communications from them?

It says degree gained from unapproved centre are not recognized.. Did you get transcript / attestation from SMU or the centre where u had enrolled for SMU?? Did the envelope mentioned any study centre name??

Tanu D

May 19, 2018
This does not state any year in which SMU was not recognized.. Do you have any other communications from them?

It says degree gained from unapproved centre are not recognized.. Did you get transcript / attestation from SMU or the centre where u had enrolled for SMU?? Did the envelope mentioned any study centre name??
The transcripts were sent directly by SMU to IQAS