+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does IQAS recognize Degree from Sikkim Manipal University

Bhavana AK

Jun 6, 2018
Hi,
I got my ECA from IQAS on 12th June 2018. It says

("LEVELS OF ACHIEVEMENT OUTSIDE OF CANADA

India: Master of Business Administration (2015)
Sikkim Manipal University
Two Year Graduate degree program

COMPARATIVE LEVELS OF ACHIEVEMENT IN CANADA

The Master's degree generally compares to the completion of a master of Business administration Degree")

No mention of my 3 year BCA degree. What does this mean. How many points do i get.?
Is this considered as master degree of 2 year degree program in CRS.

Can anyone suggest. I have written IQAS asking for the reason for not considering my bachelor degree.

Reactions: arindam.d

arindam.d

Feb 14, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi,
I got my ECA from IQAS on 12th June 2018. It says

("LEVELS OF ACHIEVEMENT OUTSIDE OF CANADA

India: Master of Business Administration (2015)
Sikkim Manipal University
Two Year Graduate degree program

COMPARATIVE LEVELS OF ACHIEVEMENT IN CANADA

The Master's degree generally compares to the completion of a master of Business administration Degree")

No mention of my 3 year BCA degree. What does this mean. How many points do i get.?
Is this considered as master degree of 2 year degree program in CRS.

Can anyone suggest. I have written IQAS asking for the reason for not considering my bachelor degree.
Its consider as master's. So you will get the masters point.

What's your eca timeline?

Bhavana AK

Jun 6, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I got my ECA for MBA from SMU-DE, completed in 2011 considered as "Master of Business Administration" today in mail. My timeline was as below

Application delivered mail-5th Jan 2018
Transcript delivered mail-18th Jan 2018
ECA received in mail-3rd March 2018.

Like many others out there, do not lose hope. Go ahead with ECA from IQAS but just keep patients.
SMU is very cooperative and ensured to process everything on time without involving any agent.
All the best
Hi,
Did you send only your MBA or Bachelor degree also along with it??
I had sent both my BCA from another university and MBA from SMU. I got evaluation for my MBA only. No mention of BCA.

Bhavana AK

Jun 6, 2018
Its consider as master's. So you will get the masters point.

What's your eca timeline?
Thank you. Hope so.. Can you please suggest where can i get this confirmed? Who can tell me what is the CRS point for my ECA looking at it?

Document delivered to IQAS on 30th April
Evaluation received on 12th June

mkataria2003

Jun 5, 2018
Hi, can any one please tell me what does it means when it says.
The combination of bachelor's and master's degree generally compares to the completion of :
a four year bachelor degree with a focus in Business administration, and
a master of business administration degree

vrindavijayan91

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
India
Hi,

I am Vrinda Vijayan, completed MBA (majoring in Project Management) from SMUDE in May 2016 and Engineering from Kerala in 2013.

I applied for an ECA with IQAS and sent my application, all required documents and both bachelors degree and masters degree transcripts (2 sealed envelopes from both universities) all together in an envelope, to IQAS. Courier delivery confirmation was received on May 3rd and I got AOR1 on 11th June.

Unfortunately, when I enquired about AOR2, they informed me that the bachelors degree transcript envelope is missing from my file. They said it may have been misplaced/lost at the place where they open the packages and they wont be able to run after it.

My query to you guys is, it will take a long while for me to get my bachelors degree transcripts once again from the univ; so if I ask IQAS to go ahead with the ECA using MBA degree alone, would I get a masters equivalent assessment? Would they keep it as bachelors either because my actual bachelors degree transcripts were not provided again, or because my MBA is a distance degree (not full time)?

I am asking because I either have to spend another 2 months chasing my bachelors degree univ for a transcript, or take my chance at ECA using just my MBA. If they do not give me masters equivalency, i will have to start from one which means I have to invest double the amount of effort, time and money.

Some insights from you guys would be of great help, I'm looking forward for some kind help.

Thank you,
Vrinda Vijayan