+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does IQAS recognize Degree from Sikkim Manipal University

arindam.d

Feb 14, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi,

I am Vrinda Vijayan, completed MBA (majoring in Project Management) from SMUDE in May 2016 and Engineering from Kerala in 2013.

I applied for an ECA with IQAS and sent my application, all required documents and both bachelors degree and masters degree transcripts (2 sealed envelopes from both universities) all together in an envelope, to IQAS. Courier delivery confirmation was received on May 3rd and I got AOR1 on 11th June.

Unfortunately, when I enquired about AOR2, they informed me that the bachelors degree transcript envelope is missing from my file. They said it may have been misplaced/lost at the place where they open the packages and they wont be able to run after it.

My query to you guys is, it will take a long while for me to get my bachelors degree transcripts once again from the univ; so if I ask IQAS to go ahead with the ECA using MBA degree alone, would I get a masters equivalent assessment? Would they keep it as bachelors either because my actual bachelors degree transcripts were not provided again, or because my MBA is a distance degree (not full time)?

I am asking because I either have to spend another 2 months chasing my bachelors degree univ for a transcript, or take my chance at ECA using just my MBA. If they do not give me masters equivalency, i will have to start from one which means I have to invest double the amount of effort, time and money.

Some insights from you guys would be of great help, I'm looking forward for some kind help.

Thank you,
Vrinda Vijayan
They evaluate single degreee, you can ask them.

Jun 23, 2018
IQAS has recognized my degree from SMU MBA Distance completed in 2015 in their ECA. I got a soft copy of ECA in an email a day back. Though they didnt mention any Fedex Courier service number, they mentioned that Ill receive it the ECA courier soon.
What is the level of your masters from SMU degree assessed by IQAS? Is it equivalent to masters in Canada?

arindam.d

Feb 14, 2018
NOC Code......
Are you sure that I can also send the sealed envelopes with transcripts enclosed? Have you or anyone sent the same to IQAS?
Iqas suggest you ask University to send transcript directly. In my case, smu sent directly. But in some forums, some people sent transcript to iqas by their own. I would suggest you to ask University to send iqas directly, its also save some days regarding delivery.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2018
Iqas suggest you ask University to send transcript directly. In my case, smu sent directly. But in some forum
If SMU sent it to IQAS in Ur case then you must have sent the other documents to IQ
Iqas suggest you ask University to send transcript directly. In my case, smu sent directly. But in some forum
Then you must have sent the other documents by yourself to IQAS. Did IQAS acknowledge for both the packets?

Archi92

Feb 16, 2018
New Delhi
Hi guys, I need some help on how to proceed with the IQAS or ICAS credential evaluation for Sikkim Manipal Bachelor's Degree. Can someone please give some clarity if two packets need to be sent to IQAS for evaluation (one from the university & one from ourselves)? Also, how can this be tracked... please explain??? Is it necessary to send all your educational qualification including (10th and 12th) to IQAS or just the degree with SMU? So many questions, it would be great if I can get any guidance as it'll really help... Thanks!

Last edited:

vrindavijayan91

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
India
They evaluate single degreee, you can ask them.
I am aware that they evaluate single degrees. What I meant was, my MBA from SMUDE is a distance education degree. Do you know if it would get a masters equivalent? (Given that I have opted not to evaluate my full time bachelors degree with IQAS).

vrindavijayan91

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
India
Hi,

Has anyone here who applied for an ECA with IQAS using only your MBA (distance degree) from SMUDE, without assessing your bachelors degree, and still received a masters equivalent?
Kindly share your experience, I am looking for some inputs. It would be of great help.

Thanks
Vrinda Vijayan

Deepti mehta

Sep 24, 2017
I hve got positive WES evaluation of my btech degree from WES .Now I need evaluation of MSC distance education of :LPU from WES.

My question is do I need to send BTEch degree again for evaluation to IQAS or I can send WES certificate to them to evaluate MSC.