File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Is the 9 months paid Coop program included in the duration of my studies not counted as work experience in Canada?
No - it's not counted. Only work experience after you graduate and have applied for a PGWP is counted.

Omfarris29

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
Libya
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada Embassy Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
No - it's not counted. Only work experience after you graduate and have applied for a PGWP is counted.
Oh this is really sad! What if I got the visa then is it possible to refund the tuition fee I paid in Sterling college and apply in public school once we are there? Or the college will not grant my request? Btw, I paid the whole 2yrs course.

Omfarris29

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
Libya
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
My husband is in an open work permit visa if ever we will be granted visa, is it possible for him to change his visa to student visa and go to public school? And that way he can be eligible to apply for PGWP?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Oh this is really sad! What if I got the visa then is it possible to refund the tuition fee I paid in Sterling college and apply in public school once we are there? Or the college will not grant my request? Btw, I paid the whole 2yrs course.
It depends what their refund policy is. You'll have to check with the school.

Omfarris29

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
Libya
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
It depends what their refund policy is. You'll have to check with the school.
Okay,can my husband study while in an open work permit visa? Or is it possible to change the status of his visa from open work to student?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Okay,can my husband study while in an open work permit visa? Or is it possible to change the status of his visa from open work to student?
He will need a student permit to study. You must apply out of Canada to receive the permit so you would have to send his application through the US. Given that you have to prove that you won't remain in Canada to get the permit, applying from Canada can be difficult.

Reactions: Omfarris29

Omfarris29

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
Libya
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
He will need a student permit to study. You must apply out of Canada to receive the permit so you would have to send his application through the US. Given that you have to prove that you won't remain in Canada to get the permit, applying from Canada can be difficult.
Can you share your agent's company name? Are they in the list of accredited agents?

You can check here: https://iccrc-crcic.ca/find-a-professional-frame/
I couldn’t find them there. But they are legal, I mean, there’s a lot of people who asked for their assistance and successfully went to Canada. But why I couldn’t find them in the list. Canadian Immigration Consultancy

Omfarris29

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
Libya
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Yes, we will still apply via agent located in Philippines.

yzarcking

Dec 27, 2018
I couldn’t find them there. But they are legal, I mean, there’s a lot of people who asked for their assistance and successfully went to Canada. But why I couldn’t find them in the list. Canadian Immigration Consultancy
When you submitted your express entry profile details, their name and email should appear in the 'Representative' drop down.
You should look for that name in the link I gave you.
Your representative should also have a regulatory body ID number. If you have these, I would appreciate if you can share.

Omfarris29

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
Libya
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
When you submitted your express entry profile details, their name and email should appear in the 'Representative' drop down.
You should look for that name in the link I gave you.
Your representative should also have a regulatory body ID number. If you have these, I would appreciate if you can share.
No. We are not applying EE. We are applying TRV (student visa with dependents). Also, our agent is the one who submitted our profile online and I do not have access in our application. They are just sending us screenshots for updates.

@Sumanth

Jul 18, 2018
If my program is 2 years in length, which has 1.5 years studies + 0.5 years co-op...then I get only 1.5 years worth of study permit??
no u will be eligible for 3 years PGWP.

And for the next 0.5 years , i need to separately apply for a co-op work permit?
if ur program is a coop program then u need coop work permit for it to be counted towards ur study program.

Another query here : is the 0.5 year co-op counted within the programme itself?
yes

Meaning, is it counted as a study period itself in order to get a PGWP?
yes. 2 years coop course is 1.5 years of study and 0.5 years of work experience(study while working) which is part for ur program. So depending on ur college u will be required to write a report on what u did in ur coop term and based on that u will pass or fail coop work term.

Please help me with this, I am considering a co-op course in Canada and for that I need help asap...
coop programs r good as u get work experience during ur study so when u graduate and get PGWP it is easier to find a job.
This is really helpful! I jumped into this thread as I had the same question too.
@mead - your clear and precise answer here is of immense help. Thank you

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018