+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does CIC ask medical after extension letter sent ?

spaceexp

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
received by CIC 12-03-2014
AOR Received.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
01-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-11-2014 (IP 18-11-2014, mailed 03-12-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014 , then again 13-02-2015 (DM 03-01-2015, PP&CoPR received 06-01-2015, returned to Ottawa because of a mistake, received again on 16-02-2015)
LANDED..........
16-02-2015
luckyb said:
I also received the medical form. And my application was approved.
I think you can wait until you receive the Visitor Record in mail. It will say if you need to perform medical. Since you already performed upfront medical, I think you are good.

According to crxmugen - he/ she got this:

Remarks/Observations:
Must Undergo Immigration medical examination within 30 days. medical forms have been sent separately. HXF/OSC

Mine says:
Remarks/ Observations:
Temporary resident status maintained as per R183(6).
BXF/ OSC
LOL, I received my visitor record today, and it still says I have to do a medical, although I did an UPFRONT one:

Remarks/Observations:
Must Undergo Immigration medical examination within 30 days. Medical forms have been sent separately. BXF/OSC

The call center agent said I shouldn't do one, because they have all my medical results on file, and that officer that approved the extension probably just "overlooked" it. But since the call center guy didn't seem sure to me, will call tomorrow again to check. Weird ::) I hope I'll finalize my PR within these 30 days, so that this stops confusing me :D

Reactions: oliverwhq

Cheewars

Feb 21, 2015
Suman.hfx said:
Hi,

I am struggling with the same issue that you have mentioned.

The online status for my wife's visitor visa extension shows that it has been approved and in the messages section there is an information message asking for medicals.

We visited a panel physician to get the medicals done, but the doctor pointed out that since the application has already been approved there is no way he can link it to the approved application.
He also mentioned that if he considers us a regular process of getting medicals done before applying to CIC, t it would not help in our case, as we cannot upload/send the medical document (provided by the physician) towards our already approved application.

Chitwan, you have mentioned a very similar case to mine, did you find out the process to submitting medicals.

Any response is highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Hello, just wondering what happen to your medical, were you able to submit it still? Is it still necessary to go medical even though application approved and case closed, thanks

oliverwhq

Feb 22, 2023
Canada
LOL, I received my visitor record today, and it still says I have to do a medical, although I did an UPFRONT one:

Remarks/Observations:
Must Undergo Immigration medical examination within 30 days. Medical forms have been sent separately. BXF/OSC

The call center agent said I shouldn't do one, because they have all my medical results on file, and that officer that approved the extension probably just "overlooked" it. But since the call center guy didn't seem sure to me, will call tomorrow again to check. Weird ::) I hope I'll finalize my PR within these 30 days, so that this stops confusing me :D
Hi, there
I have the same situation now. Could you please share what happened later? Did you get clear reply from CIC?
Thanks a lot!

Nice day!