+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Bridging open work permit need PNP work permit support letter?

moyaeng

Mar 15, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have submitted an online application for Canadian Permanent Residency through Express Entry profile in Provincial Nominee Program stream on April 2018.

Currently, I am on Open work Permit and work in Canada. My current work permit is valid up to January 2019. I wish to apply for a bridging open work permit to cover the probable gap that might arise between January up to the final decision on my PR application in case my PR application is decided after January.

I have my BC provincial nomination letter which does not have employment restriction and my PR acknowledgment of receipt letter (AOR) as support document for my bridging open work permit application.

Do you think If I need BC PNP work permit support letter as well for bridge open work permit application? I think I don't need it since according to BC PNP this letter is for a closed work permit.

I'm wondering if anyone could comment on this post.

Regards,

Last edited:

Msparis

May 30, 2018
Hi my open work permit is about to expired very soon, and my PR application still on process for about 33 months., and now my problem my open work permit will be expired soon, so do I need to request work permit support letter from BcPnp? Thank you

moyaeng

Mar 15, 2017
No, you don't need PNP support letter for bridging open work permit if your PNP doesn't have employment restriction. for bridging open work permit you only need your AOR and BCPNP certificate that does not have employment restriction (even if it is expired) Make sure your AOR date is earlier than BCPNP certificate expiry date.

If your BCPNP certificate has employment restriction you have to get BCPNP support letter and apply for a closed work permit.

Thesa

Mar 5, 2019
No, you don't need PNP support letter for bridging open work permit if your PNP doesn't have employment restriction. for bridging open work permit you only need your AOR and BCPNP certificate that does not have employment restriction (even if it is expired) Make sure your AOR date is earlier than BCPNP certificate expiry date.

If your BCPNP certificate has employment restriction you have to get BCPNP support letter and apply for a closed work permit.

Hi,
I need to apply for OWP bec. my wp will be exp. on Aug. 2 2019, i have my AOR,Nomination letter with NO restriction, and accomp. 5710 form. So you mean I don't need to req. for support letter to BCPNP? i'm having hard time right now since I don't have access on BCPNP online to request the said support letter bec. I have my representative before who process my nomination.

moyaeng

Mar 15, 2017
If your nomination has no employment restriction, so can simply apply for bridge open work permit with your AOR and nomination certificate.

Hi,
I need to apply for OWP bec. my wp will be exp. on Aug. 2 2019, i have my AOR,Nomination letter with NO restriction, and accomp. 5710 form. So you mean I don't need to req. for support letter to BCPNP? i'm having hard time right now since I don't have access on BCPNP online to request the said support letter bec. I have my representative before who process my nomination.
I

Dmountain

Jun 7, 2019
Hi everyone,

I have submitted an online application for Canadian Permanent Residency through Express Entry profile in Provincial Nominee Program stream on April 2018.

Currently, I am on Open work Permit and work in Canada. My current work permit is valid up to January 2019. I wish to apply for a bridging open work permit to cover the probable gap that might arise between January up to the final decision on my PR application in case my PR application is decided after January.

I have my BC provincial nomination letter which does not have employment restriction and my PR acknowledgment of receipt letter (AOR) as support document for my bridging open work permit application.

Do you think If I need BC PNP work permit support letter as well for bridge open work permit application? I think I don't need it since according to BC PNP this letter is for a closed work permit.

I'm wondering if anyone could comment on this post.

Regards,
Hi, do you get your work permit without a support letter?