+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does anyone know if their DLI will be on the list?

ahmad jameel

Feb 6, 2020
Am I the only one thinking this or am I missing something: this DLI list only means travel is allowed only if you have a permit and your college is in the list.

It definitely also means current students outside Canada won't be able to return if their DLI is not on the list. But they never said that they'll start issuing permits after the list or to the students of DLIs only on the list.

Correct me if I am wrong, most of the students are waiting for final approvals instead of travel allowance. Considering this, the list won't make any difference until they start giving final approvals. Also the list will keep updating continuously depending upon the conditions in provinces, it'd only come in handy while making plans to travel, given you already have approval.

Mdurra

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
Am I the only one thinking this or am I missing something: this DLI list only means travel is allowed only if you have a permit and your college is in the list.

It definitely also means current students outside Canada won't be able to return if their DLI is not on the list. But they never said that they'll start issuing permits after the list or to the students of DLIs only on the list.

Correct me if I am wrong, most of the students are waiting for final approvals instead of travel allowance. Considering this, the list won't make any difference until they start giving final approvals. Also the list will keep updating continuously depending upon the conditions in provinces, it'd only come in handy while making plans to travel, given you already have approval.
You are totally correct.
But we were expecting that this list would be the first step before the final approval releases.
At least it still is what I’m hoping for...

Adeti

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020

we have a hope that they are not sending PPR's because of the travel restrictions or at least that's what i hope once the restrictions are lifted those who applied for the universities which are on the list would be able to get their final approval hopefully

Reactions: Mdurra

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
They never explicitly said it, but if your DLI is listed there is no longer any justification in withholding the approvals.

Adeti

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
They never explicitly said it, but if your DLI is listed there is no longer any justification in withholding the approvals.
Well i'm not sure we could trust anything after these actions i'm just hoping for the best i'm actually mentally exhausted i've been following every update since april it's exhausting

Reactions: _briannaashley

SultansOfSwing

Oct 18, 2020

you are right in your understanding. this is more important for returning students or current students who want to make travel plans and leave for the christmas break than it is for new students.

ahmad jameel

Feb 6, 2020
You are totally correct.
But we were expecting that this list would be the first step before the final approval releases.
At least it still is what I’m hoping for...
It's what I thought at first. Since, it doesn't mean that they will only issue final approvals to the students of DLIs on the list so it seems like a measure in parallel to me. What matters more is that they start issuing final approvals. As far this list is concerned, since most of the students will be travelling mid/end Dec, by then probably most of the DLI will be on the list.

Reactions: Mdurra

ahmad jameel

Feb 6, 2020
I think giving PPRs to only those would be a bigger overhead than just sending them to all and only allowing those to travel who have their DLIs on the list. Because sooner or later they've to give it to all and it seems like a reasonable approach to me.

we have a hope that they are not sending PPR's because of the travel restrictions or at least that's what i hope once the restrictions are lifted those who applied for the universities which are on the list would be able to get their final approval hopefully

ahmad jameel

Feb 6, 2020
The initial reason of this whole AIP/ 2 stage thing was the fact that students are unable to given biometrics/medical due to the closure of offices. They always maintained that we continue to process the applications with limited staff. Considering that I don't think this holds.

Btw by all means, I hope the same but at the same time this doesn't make any sense.

SultansOfSwing

Oct 18, 2020
The initial reason of this whole AIP/ 2 stage thing was the fact that students are unable to given biometrics/medical due to the closure of offices. They always maintained that we continue to process the applications with limited staff. Considering that I don't think this holds.

Btw by all means, I hope the same but at the same time this doesn't make any sense.
What's AIP by the way?