+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does anyone know if their DLI will be on the list?

_briannaashley

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Since most colleges and universities have already gone online for the fall & winter terms, I'd like to know which schools would possibly be on the list to welcome international students.

Reactions: Nottanyaverma

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
Ask each university but I can tell you this announcement was a surprise to my daughter's university.

DLIs doing in person courses are logically the ones that should make the list first.

Wait till 8th October to find the answer.

Reactions: dott03

Jermy

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
Yes mine. University of Saskatchewan already sent oit emails to its student 2 days ago that they were approved to accept students by the government of Canada.

Reactions: BIG_T and dott03

Zr1911

Aug 16, 2020
Since most colleges and universities have already gone online for the fall & winter terms, I'd like to know which schools would possibly be on the list to welcome international students.
My university i.e university of Calgary has announced that they have assessed the situation and will focus more on in person classes by granting the permission to professors to conduct classes with a 30-40 students cap.

Reactions: okjaber

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
Yes mine. University of Saskatchewan already sent oit emails to its student 2 days ago that they were approved to accept students by the government of Canada.
It's very interesting. It's the provinces that will approve the DLIs as covid ready. I've written again to my daughter's university.

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
Any dli which offers a hybrid or in-person program will have carried out a covid assessment, so will highly likely be on the list

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It's very interesting. It's the provinces that will approve the DLIs as covid ready. I've written again to my daughter's university.
Would assume that provinces with low covid levels may be willing and able to accept international Students. Whether Quebec and Ontario are able and willing to open their doors to more international students may be different than others provinces.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Would assume that provinces with low covid levels may be willing and able to accept international Students. Whether Quebec and Ontario are able and willing to open their doors to more international students may be different than others provinces.
Definitely not those two. Quebec especially - daily cases in the 1000s.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
My uni had already made plans to open - Toronto. Although only for a graduate students and blended learning

Zr1911

Aug 16, 2020
Our university has also said that they'll open and will opt for more in-person classes this winter Intake.

Info:- I'm from University of Calgary

Last edited:

Sep 15, 2020
My school said it will be mostly online in the winter, and some optional small in-person classes. That’s what they said in early September, they haven’t made any changes yet. Schulich school of business, York u

Nottanyaverma

Oct 28, 2019
My uni said they'll have hybrid classes for winter intake and that depends on the situation. But quebec is reporting more cases now so idk :(