+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does anyone change work after MPNP approval

CanadaPRhelp

Jun 19, 2019
My husband have finished MPNP, and submitted his Federal process and got a file number a couple months ago.
Since he applied under skilled worker of Manitoba, the certificate says no restriction on employment but has the employer's name on it. And he currently has a closed work permit with the previous employer. He is trying to find job now.

I am wondering whether he can find another job and notify MPNP and cic and still going through his PR process as before.

His concern is whether MPNP will revoke his nominee since it is based on the last job.

Please let me know anyone that went through the similar case before.

choo_i16

Jun 3, 2019
If he only have closed permit, he can only work with who ever on the permit. Unless he find another job that helped him to apply lmia and again apply another work permit . this will also be closed permit.

Manitoba2019

Jul 30, 2019
If he only have closed permit, he can only work with who ever on the permit. Unless he find another job that helped him to apply lmia and again apply another work permit . this will also be closed permit.
Can open work permit holder change job after nomination ? or after federal file number?

Is this safe to do so?

Thanks!

choo_i16

Jun 3, 2019
Can open work permit holder change job after nomination ? or after federal file number?

Is this safe to do so?

Thanks!
Not recommended..... please read other threads too. this is a super common questions... check with MPNP website too.

lots of hassle to go thru if you change job, report to provincial and federal is necessary. If they caught you in fraud or misrepresentation, they can ban you.

xanfelng

Apr 5, 2023
Hi, I have Open Work Permit and I applied for MPNP and was nominated, I submitted it over a month ago, Can I change Employer within Manitoba? And what Can I do?

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
Hi, I have Open Work Permit and I applied for MPNP and was nominated, I submitted it over a month ago, Can I change Employer within Manitoba? And what Can I do?
Yes you can but you will need to inform the MPNP of any changes until you get AOR from federal process.

MarkSheeh

Sep 8, 2023
Yes you can but you will need to inform the MPNP of any changes until you get AOR from federal process.
Hello,
I'm in this situation, what if I've received AOR and I'm in the middle of background check? Should I still inform the MPNP?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,
I'm in this situation, what if I've received AOR and I'm in the middle of background check? Should I still inform the MPNP?
Yes, it's mandatory.