+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documentation requirement for study permit

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
I was curious about something, I've been traveling abroad and i never broken any visa rules or overstayed. will it support me in my application if i show the VO screenshots of my previous travel and how i respect the rules?
I’m sorry I thought from KSA! Also your passport pages with the stamps are enough and also in your TRV form you have to provide with your travel history.

Reactions: MohamedElshami

Aesopzai

Nov 22, 2014
Hello guys,

My documents are complete for study permit but I wanted to ask you something. Is it necessary to submit all my documents to the ministry of foreign affairs to verify it before I submit it to the IRCC?

Im just asking to make sure, as it would require sometime to be processed and I don’t have much time. So what’s your opinion?

Thank you
Not necessary..

Rationalwarrior

Star Member
May 22, 2021
I was curious about something, I've been traveling abroad and i never broken any visa rules or overstayed. will it support me in my application if i show the VO screenshots of my previous travel and how i respect the rules?
Yes, having extensive travel history especially to countries with stringent visa requirements will be a positive factor. On the whole, be honest and try to submit a complete an application as possible. A study permit is a temporary visa, so the VO needs to be convinced that your intention is to truly study and you will return to your country when you complete your program.

Good luck.

MohamedElshami

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Yes, having extensive travel history especially to countries with stringent visa requirements will be a positive factor. On the whole, be honest and try to submit a complete an application as possible. A study permit is a temporary visa, so the VO needs to be convinced that your intention is to truly study and you will return to your country when you complete your program.

Good luck.
Thank you for your comment. I will be submitting the travel history.

MohamedElshami

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
You can check the document checklist on the IRCC website. Just search for (the country you are applying from name) visa office instructions for a study permit.
One more question buddy, i've a bank account in US Dollar however in the IRCC website states that for proof of financial support you must provide.

• proof of a Canadian bank account in your name, if you've transferred money to Canada
  • Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from a participating Canadian financial institution

Does that means my case isn't strong with the money is in my local bank account?

Do i need to transfer my money to Canada and get the GIC?

There is a service in my country that NSGB bank provide which opening overseas account for students.

I'm so confused which is better to do!

Thanks,

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
One more question buddy, i've a bank account in US Dollar however in the IRCC website states that for proof of financial support you must provide.

• proof of a Canadian bank account in your name, if you've transferred money to Canada
  • Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from a participating Canadian financial institution

Does that means my case isn't strong with the money is in my local bank account?

Do i need to transfer my money to Canada and get the GIC?

There is a service in my country that NSGB bank provide which opening overseas account for students.

I'm so confused which is better to do!

Thanks,
No! That is not needed. GIC is mostly for people applying under SDS stream which I guess Egypt isn’t a part of.
You just need to show the money in your bank account and you should have access to it, that’s about it. Don’t worry.

MohamedElshami

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
No! That is not needed. GIC is mostly for people applying under SDS stream which I guess Egypt isn’t a part of.
You just need to show the money in your bank account and you should have access to it, that’s about it. Don’t worry.

Thank you for the answer. i thought i was making a mistake providing my local bank account. i'm in a bit of relief now.

MohamedElshami

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019

Good luck.
Wanted to ask something. I have just traveled to two countries in Asia back in 2016 will that be okay to add to my application or it doesn't weigh anything?

Thank you,

Rationalwarrior

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Wanted to ask something. I have just traveled to two countries in Asia back in 2016 will that be okay to add to my application or it doesn't weigh anything?

Thank you,
Any travel abroad that shows to the VO that you complied with the conditions of your visa is a good thing. It‘s kind of an assurance that you will hold your end of the bargain if your study permit is approved.

With that being said, don’t worry too much about your travel history. It’s only one aspect of an application that is taken into consideration. Present a case to that VO that your intention is to genuinely study and that undertaking this program will improve your career prospects in your country. Write a good SOP that explains your rationale for studying in Canada.

MohamedElshami

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Any travel abroad that shows to the VO that you complied with the conditions of your visa is a good thing. It‘s kind of an assurance that you will hold your end of the bargain if your study permit is approved.

With that being said, don’t worry too much about your travel history. It’s only one aspect of an application that is taken into consideration. Present a case to that VO that your intention is to genuinely study and that undertaking this program will improve your career prospects in your country. Write a good SOP that explains your rationale for studying in Canada.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this comment to me. I really appreciate it. sure i've been writing the SOP for almost two weeks now and making it as professional as possible.

Reactions: Rationalwarrior