+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DOB discrepancy in passport/pgp application and aadhar/voterid card

ABCD_12345

Oct 21, 2012
Hello everyone,

I'm being asked to submit my parents aadhar and voter id card as proof of relationship between primary appliciant (my dad) and his dependent (my mom). I'm suspecting its because their marriage certificate only has their first name followed by "son/daughter of.. <father's full name>" whereas their passport has first, middle and last name, i.e names don't match exactly. I do have their aadhar card and voter id card but my mom's DOB in aadhar and voter id card is different than the one mentioned in passport and pgp application.

1. Can someone please advise if I was to submit aadhar and voter id card with different DOB then it could be an issue?
2. If yes, what could be my best course of action to navigate in such a situation?
a. Is it acceptable to say that my mom doesn't have aadhar and voter id and I can try "fixing" (meaning try having full names) their marriage certificate and share that with cic again?
b. Can some type of affidavit help? (although document received from CIC strictly mentions "Affidavits are not acceptable as proof of relationship")

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
(I understand it is my mistake and I should have corrected her DOB in passport as well but correcting DOB in passport takes forever in my country :()

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
1. Can someone please advise if I was to submit aadhar and voter id card with different DOB then it could be an issue?
Yes. It will likely be an issue.

a. Is it acceptable to say that my mom doesn't have aadhar and voter id
No it's not acceptable to lie.

Can some type of affidavit help?
I think this is your only option unless you can fix and update the documents to have the correct information. But maybe others on the forum have better suggestions about this.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello everyone,

I'm being asked to submit my parents aadhar and voter id card as proof of relationship between primary appliciant (my dad) and his dependent (my mom). I'm suspecting its because their marriage certificate only has their first name followed by "son/daughter of.. <father's full name>" whereas their passport has first, middle and last name, i.e names don't match exactly. I do have their aadhar card and voter id card but my mom's DOB in aadhar and voter id card is different than the one mentioned in passport and pgp application.

2. If yes, what could be my best course of action to navigate in such a situation?
a. Is it acceptable to say that my mom doesn't have aadhar and voter id and I can try "fixing" (meaning try having full names) their marriage certificate and share that with cic again?
b. Can some type of affidavit help? (although document received from CIC strictly mentions "Affidavits are not acceptable as proof of relationship")

(I understand it is my mistake and I should have corrected her DOB in passport as well but correcting DOB in passport takes forever in my country :()
You need to use the REAL legal name and birthday.

If you have documents that has incorrect or inaccurate information, you need to correct those.

Send the explaination to IRCC. Update the forms with the REAL name and DOB. Do not twisted any truth just to "save time". This ran a risk of misrepresentation and could result in a ban of your parents to enter Canada (plus rejection).

Vinki

Dec 5, 2021
Nothing to worry, go to authority (election commission office) in your city and ask for correction in voter card (3 correction allowed) and you will get it within a week, I hope.

Nov 12, 2018
Hello everyone,

Hi Friend,
I am pretty much in the same situation as yours, could you tell me what was your course of action here? Did it work?

jassdhillon

May 28, 2018
Hello Friends
I am now in the same boat.. I have been requested my parents Adhaar and Voter card to prove their relationship. And birth year is wrong on on their Voter cards.
What did you guys do?
Your help would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks

jassdhillon

May 28, 2018
Hello everyone,

Hello Friend
I am in the same situation and want to know what you did? Were you able to find a solution?
Please help me.

dseian88

Aug 16, 2023
Was anyone able to solve this problem? I have been asked to submit Voter ID and Aadhar card of parents as proof of relationship. The only problem is the calculated age on my mother's voter id card at the time of issuance of the card is wrong.
Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks!