+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do i need to apply for visa again if i defer my classes on next semester?

Fahren

Jan 21, 2020
not sure but I am assuming that they may be interested to do background check again closer to June before issuing the visa.
Hello friends I am new here. I am from Cameroon and I applied for a student visa in December but my acceptance letter expired on January 6th I am not sure about what will happen at the visa office. I don’t also know what to do. It is actually my second application. The first one was rejected and I had to apply again in December. So I am worried about my acceptance letter and if I can still get the visa. Thanks for your kind suggestions.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Hi Helican

I got admission in the Jan 2020 intake. And was awaiting for the final decision on the application. The classes started on 6th Jan. Last date of refund was 16 Jan . On 14 Jan , I applied for refund. The next-day my appointment got approved.

What should I do now?
Do I need to re-apply for visa of I ask the institute for deferral in next session , which is on May and sep. ?

The institute asked me to request for deferral on VAS application system. And the would might deferral to try September session.
Yes, you should defer to next intake and fly closer to your program start date.

Dec 22, 2019
I will be traveling to Toronto in August for my start of undergraduate studies. Can somebody suggest me if I should make a laptop purchase from my current residence or should I buy from Canada? What are those things which I am supposed to bring along with me to Canada? What are those things which could cost me atrociously expensive in Canada? Any tips regarding university life in Toronto? What the weather is like throughout the year?

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
I will be traveling to Toronto in August for my start of undergraduate studies. Can somebody suggest me if I should make a laptop purchase from my current residence or should I buy from Canada? What are those things which I am supposed to bring along with me to Canada? What are those things which could cost me atrociously expensive in Canada? Any tips regarding university life in Toronto? What the weather is like throughout the year?
Better you buy your laptop and any other electronics in Canada. Do not try to buy any winter clothes from your country. They wont work in the harsh winter here. It will be a total waste of money. For food, don't worry about anything. Everything is available in various stores here. If you want to carry something then carry a lot of medicines for headaches, stomach problems, fever, etc.

Reactions: Rayne

Reshikabalaji

Jun 4, 2020
Hi , I applied for a program in May 2020 and had to defer it to September 2020 intake due to covid 19 . But my visa expires in March 2021 and my course is for 8 months starting from September 2020.I got visa and a deferral letter from college. How to extend my visa from India ?

Kindly help me out. Thanks.

Ddkk

Jul 25, 2020
Hii I am also having one doubt....
I took admission in aviation safety program (September 2020) but now as due to pandemic I am unable to go to Canada and if I defer that program then I have to go in September 2021
So now I changed to computer engineering technology program which will get open in January 2021

what do now I have to do as I filed my visa on aviation safety program.....

Will I get rejection as I changed my program

Biafaizi

Jul 8, 2020
Hii I am also having one doubt....
I took admission in aviation safety program (September 2020) but now as due to pandemic I am unable to go to Canada and if I defer that program then I have to go in September 2021
So now I changed to computer engineering technology program which will get open in January 2021

what do now I have to do as I filed my visa on aviation safety program.....

Will I get rejection as I changed my program
I am in the same boat, i am confused should i change my course or should i go for sep 2021 intake. If ill change my course that could be a problem as in intention but if i change my intake i dont know what will be the outcome. I am so confuse... my application is still in process
I got refusal on 1st application.

Somebody help plz.

Esther$$

Nov 13, 2018
Hi, please I was supposed to resume for September intake but due to delay of my visa I deferred my admission to next year September. Now my visa is out and the school has asked to reapply for another program in Jan because my prog isn’t available until fall. I want to apply for business diploma and travel November. Will this affect me at the port of entry since I didn’t notify ircc of this change?
my previous program was Geography information system. Thank you