+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need my Police Certificate Documents Apostilled/Sealed and Authenticated?

kvonrosen

Apr 4, 2019
Honduras
Category........
Hello everyone!

We will be applying for Spousal Sponsorship soon, and one of the requirements for the principal applicants (which is me, the foreign spouse) is a Police Certificate.
Since I'm from Honduras, these are 2 in specific.
I'm currently in Canada with my husband so I cannot go to Honduras and get them, for which I will have to use a lawyer there to help me give my mom the power to represent me and be provided with these documents.

How ever, the lawyer from Honduras is asking if I need these documents with special seals and authentications in order for them to be valid out of the country, but the website does specify that really.. it just asks for the documents itself that if I was there I would've brought without considering if I need to take them somewhere else for special authentication.

My point is, the documents are supposed to be valid by themselves and it's what the goverment is asking for. But do they need to have any other special seal from my goverment?
Has anybody been in the same scenario from any other country?

Thanks in advance for your help!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
How ever, the lawyer from Honduras is asking if I need these documents with special seals and authentications in order for them to be valid out of the country, but the website does specify that really..

My point is, the documents are supposed to be valid by themselves and it's what the goverment is asking for. But do they need to have any other special seal from my goverment?
READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

"Honduras – Instruction(s) for documents
Official documents issued by this country must be government-certified true copies (copies certified as authentic by the issuing governmental authority, signed and sealed)."

This took me two minutes to find.

If you do not read the instructions, you will have more serious problems with your application.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Hello everyone!

We will be applying for Spousal Sponsorship soon, and one of the requirements for the principal applicants (which is me, the foreign spouse) is a Police Certificate.
Since I'm from Honduras, these are 2 in specific.
I'm currently in Canada with my husband so I cannot go to Honduras and get them, for which I will have to use a lawyer there to help me give my mom the power to represent me and be provided with these documents.

How ever, the lawyer from Honduras is asking if I need these documents with special seals and authentications in order for them to be valid out of the country, but the website does specify that really.. it just asks for the documents itself that if I was there I would've brought without considering if I need to take them somewhere else for special authentication.

Has anybody been in the same scenario from any other country?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Hi. I applied for my study permit and got both certificates (policiales y penales). I didn't authenticate them nor got any special seals, just translated them with an official translator. I hope this helps.

justwannaknow

Aug 3, 2013
I’m kind of in a similar boat except my wife is in Honduras and I’m in Canada. My Spanish isn’t great and I have had really bad luck with lawyers in Honduras.

I ended up trying to do everything on my own and met an ex-cop who helped my wife and her 2 kids get the police and court documents. It took almost a month as the court was on holiday in July.

Now I realized that I should have gotten the birth certificates government certified copied but I’m not sure how to go about that ?

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
I’m kind of in a similar boat except my wife is in Honduras and I’m in Canada. My Spanish isn’t great and I have had really bad luck with lawyers in Honduras.

I ended up trying to do everything on my own and met an ex-cop who helped my wife and her 2 kids get the police and court documents. It took almost a month as the court was on holiday in July.

Now I realized that I should have gotten the birth certificates government certified copied but I’m not sure how to go about that ?
Those aren't hard to get, she just needs to go to "Registro Nacional de las Personas" and they should print them. Don't expect ot to be fast though, she may have to spend some hours there.

Now, to translate it I'm not sure of how's the process.