+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do fully vaccinated need to take arrival test?

sunnydays2021

Mar 29, 2021

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello. Anyone who is fully vaccinated recently traveled to Canada? The last update I got was that fully vaccinated do not need to take Day 1 testing.
However, the link https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada was updated on 10th August and it says that fully vaccinated still need to take day 1 test...
You can be selected for a test especially if you come from a country where there have been many cases arriving from the area.

jellybai01

Star Member
Apr 22, 2021
You can be selected for a test especially if you come from a country where there have been many cases arriving from the area.
Hey, so just to clarify, if we do have to do the arrival test - do we have to show a hotel booking till the results come out ?

I’ll be staying with some friends so I don’t think that will count as an adequate quarantine plan.

The website says that “You do not need to quarantine while awaiting test results”

So I’m a bit confused on what to do exactly

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey, so just to clarify, if we do have to do the arrival test - do we have to show a hotel booking till the results come out ?

I’ll be staying with some friends so I don’t think that will count as an adequate quarantine plan.

The website says that “You do not need to quarantine while awaiting test results”

If you need to the random test, you have to do it. Otherwise, you can be fined.

Reactions: jellybai01

zekkeh

Sep 15, 2019

you don’t have to quarantine while awaiting your results. this was confirmed by the CBSA agent who received me when i arrived on 8 Aug. i didnt quarantine and was out and about that same day already

jellybai01

Star Member
Apr 22, 2021
you don’t have to quarantine while awaiting your results. this was confirmed by the CBSA agent who received me when i arrived on 8 Aug. i didnt quarantine and was out and about that same day already
That’s good!
So if I May ask what did you put as your quarantine plan in the ArriveCAN app ? And as I stated before I’ll be staying with friends so will it be acceptable to the border agent ?

zekkeh

Sep 15, 2019
That’s good!
So if I May ask what did you put as your quarantine plan in the ArriveCAN app ? And as I stated before I’ll be staying with friends so will it be acceptable to the border agent ?
I was staying in a hotel so I could say that I can quarantine if I needed to. you’ll need to be able to fully isolate and have access to your own bathroom if you’re going to be staying with friends.

jellybai01

Star Member
Apr 22, 2021
I was staying in a hotel so I could say that I can quarantine if I needed to. you’ll need to be able to fully isolate and have access to your own bathroom if you’re going to be staying with friends.
Okay thanks a lot for your help !