+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do CBSA officers at the airport have exit records?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Look, there are people on this board who give credible information. There are some whose information is not credible.
AND WORSE . . . sometimes much worse.

For someone in the OP's situation, remaining silent is about the worst possible approach they could take during a Port-of-Entry examination. The burden of proof is on the PR. The absence of key evidence, like what the PR attests to, will for sure hurt more than it helps, but make no mistake, it can slam the door shut hard.

To be clear, being uncooperative could delay formal proceeding with a 44(1) Report and Removal Order. Maybe even delay it beyond a period of being detained at the PoE to more thoroughly vet and verify the PR's identity and status. So the PR gets to proceed into Canada (after a half hour, or three hours, or at least within a day or three) without being issued a Removal Order . . . BUT at best, at the very best, all this approach really accomplishes is dramatically increasing the risk that there will be a severely negative outcome.

Some assertions are irrelevant, unreliable, foolish, or simply wrong. Some are downright stupid. This ain't about a box of chocolates.

Some further context for @ishaannayyyar:

Chances of you being reported are quite low. I was in a same situation in 2018, was short of residency obligation by around 8-10 days. I was sent to secondary and was let go with a warning. They do ask you to stay in the country for 2 years straight so as to conform to residency obligation.
This is among those uncommon reports I previously mentioned, about just being questioned about RO compliance by a PR only a little in breach. No 44(1) Report. It is a reassuring report. It is a report consistent with anecdotal reporting here generally.

I do not recall other details in the situation reported by @IndianBos but among similar reports the typical scenario involves a PR arriving at the PoE after an absence for nearly if not more than three years. Remember, if a PR arrives at the PoE more than three years since the PR was last in Canada, that is on-its-face almost conclusive evidence (subject to credits not relevant here) the RO is breached: it is impossible to meet the RO if the PR has been outside Canada for more than 1096 days in a row.

That is, in that scenario, where the PR has been abroad so long since the last time in Canada it is more or less blatantly clear there is a likely RO breach, the border officials are effectively mandated to address the PR's RO . . . and as often reported in this forum, many PRs not much in breach are nonetheless waived through, with or without an admonition, almost certainly with a note made to the file.

It is also worth noting that the RISK will vary depending on other circumstances (not just the more obvious ones, like not answering questions increasing the risk dramatically). A PR just a little in breach while still within the first five years probably has a significantly lower risk than someone who has been a PR for much longer and who has continued to be outside Canada not just more than in Canada, but so long as to be in breach of the RO, even though just by a little.

Among the unspoken factors, the extent to which the PR "deserves" to keep PR status should not be underestimated let alone overlooked. Yeah, that's a vague factor, prone to subjective discretion. But no advanced degrees in political science or psychology necessary to forecast the trajectory if the PR refuses to answer questions. We ain't talking about a box of chocolates.

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
Some people dramatically strive all their life to get the certificate below. Others tell the truth. I prefer to tell the truth.

The truth is: if whatever you say will hurt you legally and get you deported, then you better STAY SILENT. DO NOT TALK. Also, remaining silent (despite what the below certificate holders might tell you) is a RIGHT. Just ask any criminal attorney (dramatic holders of the below certificate and clowns can be ignored).

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
They can deport me immediately if they find out that I’m in breach?
My answer hasn't changed but some additional caution.

As a result of @dpenabill doing some additional checking, I'd like to flag one thing here:
I breached the RO on 27th November. I am landing tomorrow on 2nd December.

My last entry was on 1st September and exit on 14th October.

What is the best way to avoid secondary review?
Very nervous, please help.

NOTE: there are some discrepancies in the details in the various posts.
I draw attention to these posts because the start of this thread left out very important and recent information and focussed on exactly the wrong thing - whether or not CBSA have access to your recent exit records.

You have recent information on a recent entry, when you were only slightly-less out of compliance. I doubt CBSA is particularly bothered. But if they warned you, harder to say.

That said, if you had a good reason to travel, perhaps won't be a thing.

But if you're planning to travel a lot in the next little while - before you get back in compliance - that might get quite a bit more complicated.

ishaannayyyar

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
WOW! Thank you very much to all of you for the explanation. You guys are hero of Canadian immigration. I hope i can land without trouble, i will take my health cars, vaccine passport and offer letters & payslips with me, in case they ask. Pray for me; MTL is cold - arriving in the middle of winters, all alone, knowing that I cannot exit for the next 630 days with my other half in france is not going to be easy. BUT MAN UP!!! Any tips on getting the other half across the pond? I know i cant sponsor; visitor visa? (she is german and already has a ETA), study visa? something else?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
WOW! Thank you very much to all of you for the explanation. You guys are hero of Canadian immigration. I hope i can land without trouble, i will take my health cars, vaccine passport and offer letters & payslips with me, in case they ask. Pray for me; MTL is cold - arriving in the middle of winters, all alone, knowing that I cannot exit for the next 630 days with my other half in france is not going to be easy. BUT MAN UP!!! Any tips on getting the other half across the pond? I know i cant sponsor; visitor visa? (she is german and already has a ETA), study visa? something else?
She doesn't need a TRV to visit Canada since she holds a German passport. She can visit on the eTA. However this will only allow her to visit Canada, not move here or live here.

Depending on how old she is, an IEC / Working Holiday Visa might be an option as a way of getting an open work permit. I don't remember the cut off age for Germany. It's probably 35 (might be 30). If she's in the right age range, then research this option.

Reactions: dpenabill

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
She doesn't need a TRV to visit Canada since she holds a German passport. She can visit on the eTA. However this will only allow her to visit Canada, not move here or live here.

Depending on how old she is, an IEC / Working Holiday Visa might be an option as a way of getting an open work permit. I don't remember the cut off age for Germany. It's probably 35 (might be 30). If she's in the right age range, then research this option.
If she is visa exempt, there is a pitfall she should try to avoid if she visits her husband in Canada: since he is a PR, she could be assumed to have dual intent (to visit & and immigrate), while visa-exempt passport allows only for visit without intent to stay. Intent is a difficult thing to prove or disprove (no one really knows what is in the head of another), but precisely because of that she can be banned from future visits as a non-immigrants if the admitting officer assumes that she is using her non-immigrant visa to by pass immigration laws of Canada and reunite with her PR husband. At very least she should research the subject and may be ask for a free consultation with an immigration lawyer.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I was sent to secondary inspection each time I crossed into Canada by land, and in all cases I had plenty of time to comply with RO, I was NOT in breach of RO. But they grilled me, in hopes that I was in breach or they could find something else to deport me.
Some who have gone through such an experience repeatedly might wonder what it is that they were doing that had such an effect. Many more might at least wonder whether such a track record really qualified them to advise others how to handle such interactions.

And others - not so much.

If she is visa exempt, there is a pitfall she should try to avoid if she visits her husband in Canada: since he is a PR, she could be assumed to have dual intent (to visit & and immigrate), while visa-exempt passport allows only for visit without intent to stay. Intent is a difficult thing to prove or disprove (no one really knows what is in the head of another), but precisely because of that she can be banned from future visits as a non-immigrants if the admitting officer assumes that she is using her non-immigrant visa to by pass immigration laws of Canada and reunite with her PR husband. At very least she should research the subject and may be ask for a free consultation with an immigration lawyer.
And so as to underline the point above, more uninformed commentary.

Ignore that advice, it is wrong on many levels. Dual intent is specifically written into law as something that is allowed - it is legitimate.
https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/i-2.5/section-22.html
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/dual-intent-applicants.html

It should be obvious that under Canadian law, doing something that is recognized in law as legitimate and which does not preclude one from entering as a visitor CANNOT on its own be grounds for being banned. Only misrepresentation can - or in this context, lying or omitting material information.

Simple terms: there should be no problem if your other half comes to visit. If the intent is to remain, and the officer is not convinced she will depart when required to ("will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay" - citing directly from the law), she could be denied entry - but this is relatively uncommon for those arriving by air. If asked, tell the truth, making sure to be clear that will depart when visit ends. Of course, if it's a visit and a return ticket is in hand, the issue likely won't come up at all. Very simple advice: a traveller arriving by air with the amount of baggage appropriate for a visit should not have a problem; someone arriving with all of their worldly positions might.

(For PRs with spouses abroad, the most serious hurdle is getting a visa at all. Since nationals of visa waiver countries don't need visas, the main obstacle does not come up. It will however take time - much time - to get a work visa through sponsorship, especially since you cannot sponsor right now because of non-compliance with RO).

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
Please ignore poster above, he has personal issues with me (more likely has issues with himself) and he is also upset that I placed him on ignore list and never directly responded to his provocations and ad hominems addressed to me. Be very careful with using visa-waiver for entry into Canada where dual intent could be suspected. What he sites is legitimate in the context of getting temp, visitor visa, but visa waiver is not a temporary visa, it's a waiver of the visa, and if possibility of dual intent comes at the border and border agent doesn't feel like he can decide on the spot the true intent, he or she can refuse admission and it could cause problems in future (including ban on future temp visits).

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Any tips on getting the other half across the pond? I know i cant sponsor; visitor visa? (she is german and already has a ETA), study visa? something else?
As @scylla commented, a partner with a passport from a visa-exempt country "doesn't need a TRV to visit Canada since she holds a German passport. She can visit on the eTA. However this will only allow her to visit Canada, not move here or live here."

To be allowed entry into Canada as a visitor one must, of course, intend to depart Canada within the time allowed.

As long as the Foreign National traveler intends to depart Canada timely, it is OK if they also have an intent to seek status to stay in Canada long term or even permanently. (Been there, done this.) That is, Canadian immigration authorities recognize "dual intent," meaning a traveler who intends to visit while at the same time intending to pursue long term residence. And this is OK.

That is, as @armoured observed, dual intent actually works in a Foreign National's favour, not against it. It allows a FN to enter Canada as a visitor even while, for example, they have an application for Permanent Residence in Canada pending, or even if they intend to make an inland sponsored PR application while in Canada. Such travelers run into difficulty if and when border officials suspect they do not have dual intent, apprehending the traveler does not intend to depart Canada timely (if and when visitor status ends without being granted other status to remain).

The other . . . well, it is what it is . . . the other poster here is way off on a lot and it appears this is often deliberate, intentional provocation, purposeful disruption (lately, occasionally, weaving in some accurate observations, which appears to be a Trojan Horse disguise to facilitate spreading confusion, masking the deliberately misleading diversions). The observations about remaining silent, for example, appear to be deliberate provocation, intended to disrupt and confuse. That said, the erroneous observations about dual intent might simply be a failure to understand how things work in Canada, although it appears this is more likely rooted in refractory ignorance, while otherwise noting that perhaps it is just more disruptive trolling.

In contrast, @armoured gets this right:

. . . there should be no problem if your other half comes to visit. If the intent is to remain, and the officer is not convinced she will depart when required to ("will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay" - citing directly from the law), she could be denied entry - but this is relatively uncommon for those arriving by air. If asked, tell the truth, making sure to be clear that will depart when visit ends. Of course, if it's a visit and a return ticket is in hand, the issue likely won't come up at all. Very simple advice: a traveller arriving by air with the amount of baggage appropriate for a visit should not have a problem; someone arriving with all of their worldly positions might.
It is the practical side of the equation that poses the more daunting difficulties for a couple in your situation. Since it will be nearly two years more before you are in compliance with the Residency Obligation, sponsoring your partner is not a wise approach for at least a long while. Even though your partner might potentially qualify for status that would facilitate remaining in Canada long term, odds are it will be temporary visits at best for some time. It is a scenario that can be a tough go for some couples.

The no-risk approach to sponsoring a partner requires waiting until you are in compliance with the RO before initiating the sponsored partner PR application. There has been some fairly reliable, consistent anecdotal reporting that being a little short of RO compliance typically does not trigger a RO compliance examination, and thus does not cause a problem getting sponsor approval, typically. Similar to what has been described about your odds of getting waived through the PoE during your next arrival (assuming it is quite soon).

BUT making any application which depends on the validity of your PR status (such as being eligible to sponsor a family class PR applicant) can trigger a RO compliance examination and determination. Many PRs short of compliance just need to remain in Canada a little longer to get into compliance, and the anecdotal reporting generally indicates IRCC is not strict in its approach to such cases (with exceptions, the more or less obvious UNLESS situations, such as a PR who is clearly in breach, and also does not appear to be settled in Canada, applying to sponsor a partner).

HOWEVER, for you, even though you are only a little short of being in compliance, from now until the fifth year anniversary of your landing you do not gain any additional credit towards compliance. So, despite being short by a little, you will remain short for a long while. If you come soon, are waived into Canada, and you stay, a year from now, a calculation of your RO compliance will be exactly the same as it was the day you return to Canada.

This brings up a somewhat complicated nuance in how the PR RO works.

This dovetails into the other cautionary observation posted by @armoured about traveling abroad again after you get here. And brings up an aspect of the situation that was not fully addressed: the sooner you get here, the smaller the breach as of when you arrive, the better the odds there will be no problem.

As noted before, anytime a PR is in breach of the RO, there is a RISK of a RO examination upon arrival at the PoE. That entails the further RISK of being Reported and a decision terminating PR status. (To be clear, that does NOT mean there is a RISK of being immediately deported or denied entry into Canada. Even if a Removal Order is issued at the PoE that does not take effect for at least 30 days, so the PR will be allowed to continue into Canada; and if the PR files an appeal, that decision to terminate status remains unenforceable as long as the appeal is pending.)

The latter is not intended to revisit let alone revise previous observations about the PROBABILITIES of your arrival here going well (assuming it happens fairly soon). As well noted (assuming no other lurking issues not revealed), in your situation the odds lean heavily in your favour. I do not even mean to diminish those at all.

But every day more in breach increases the risks and it is very, very difficult to forecast the tipping point. Hard to predict when the odds go south. It is not just the numbers (credit for days in Canada, number of days outside Canada), but the numbers loom large.

For purposes of making an application to sponsor a partner's PR application, the hard side of this is that between now and the fifth year anniversary of your landing, your RO calculation never gets better. It can get worse, for days you remain abroad before coming you lose credit, and if you were to take chances and travel abroad again in the meantime, likewise that would decrease the days credit you have.

Your H&C factors improve as long as you stay in Canada. Days actually in Canada weigh more than credit for future days left on the calendar until the fifth year anniversary. And as you get closer to the threshold for being in compliance, the risk involved in making the sponsorship application lessens. But the only NO-Risk approach is to wait until in compliance, and for you that will be nearly two years from now IF you come soon and stay.

Reactions: armoured

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was sent to secondary inspection each time I crossed into Canada by land, and in all cases I had plenty of time to comply with RO, I was NOT in breach of RO.
Non compliance with RO is one of the many occasions one can be sent secondary inspection. There might be other reasons.

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
You are right, there can be infinite (legitimate) reasons to send someone to secondary. You probably didn't read my previous posts. These clowns didn't have any reason in my case, except my looks. And just in case you didn't know, they do randomly send people to secondary when there is zero evidence or record of wrongdoing. In such instances, the idea is to bully a suspected bad guy into confession. Of course, they couldn't care less about the fact that they may do this to totally innocent people. And I couldn't care less now, how they feel (if some of them are here and reading this forum), or how anyone feels about what I testify to be my personal experience. They have done something wrong, and I have no reason to be mum about it. Sorry, Triple Hermetic Secret Worshipping clowns, I am not one of those you will ever keep mum.

Last edited:

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
"The actual definition of “dual intent” in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act goes like this:
“An intention by a foreign national to become a permanent resident does not preclude them from becoming a temporary resident if the officer is satisfied that they will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay.”
However, this hasn’t stopped some applicants from being refused because they were unable to prove that they would leave Canada once their documents expired.
https://www.cicnews.com/2020/10/canada-clarifies-dual-intent-for-overseas-spousal-sponsorship-applicants-1016211.html#gs.izj4xa
Visa Waiver is NOT a Visa. It's waver of the visa. Although one may assume that visiting a country on visa waiver is the same as visiting with temp visitor visa, in fact it is not: someone who obtains temp. visa abroad (and informs immigration or consular officials of their personal situation), and is granted a temp. visitor visa can confidently go to Canada and ask for admission at POE, while someone coming on Visa Waiver must understand that whatever concerns POE officer may have must be satisfied on the spot.

In this regard, there are couple of things asker above (who is PR, can't sponsor his spouse until 730 accumulated in Canada, and whose spouse is from visa waiver country) must me mindful of:

1. It is clear that asker can't sponsor his wife for PR anytime soon (he must first fulfill his 730 presence requirement). As such, if I am an officer, I see that the visiting spouse can either overstay her visa (to stay with her husband), or return to her country and wait 730 days plus processing time for sponsorship, before she can reunite with her husband, if the couple decides to move to Canada permanently.

2. The visiting individual (who may qualify for spousal sponsorship at some point in future, at least 2 years from now) did not apply for temp. visa, but is coming on visa waiver. Her circumstances were not considered and analyzed before. If I am POE officer, I must weigh all the pros and cons, and really, I must be willing to give her full credit on what she claims about temp. visit to allow her into Canada on visa waiver.

3. It's quite clear that unlike situations where someone already has spousal sponsorship application approved, the askers spouse must wait at least 730 days before her husband can even apply for her sponsorship. This gives incentive to someone to overstay temp. stay, rather than leave and come back again soon with a PR status. Even if this may not be askers or his spouses' intention, we don't know if officer at POE will find her claims credible and side with her.

Some of the clowns with lofty postures and lengthy, often totally delusional (reflective of severe mental illness) posts do not consider the nuances that may and probably will come at play at POE, and they are not the ones who will have to bear the consequences. So, askers should be careful when reading such advises and would fare much better if they sought legal advise in matter that get into grey areas of laws and regulation, where ambiguity exists and discretion of admitting officer can not be predicted with certainty.

IndianBos

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
16-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
24-Apr-2015 (Delayed for adding a child)
Med's Done....
9-May-2015 (Updated 29-May-2015)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-Jun-2015 (mailed 29-June-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
7-Sep-2015
I was sent to secondary inspection each time I crossed into Canada by land, and in all cases I had plenty of time to comply with RO, I was NOT in breach of RO. But they grilled me, in hopes that I was in breach or they could find something else to deport me. So, just because you were treated nicely doesn't mean the OP will get the same treatment. They treat everyone differently and there is no transparency as to what the criteria is for admissions officer at POE, to treat one better or worse than the other.
It seems like once a file is flagged for non-compliance, they don't have a way to remove that flag . I travelled again early this month, already in compliance with the RO but was sent to secondary again. The border agent didn't ask me any questions, just looked at my records and waived us through at the secondary.
I have heard that if one travels a lot, they want to validate that the person is living here rather than just visiting one-off.

To be fair to the border agents, they are not trying to "get anyone", just trying to enforce the rules but also being emphatic about one's situation.

IndianBos

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
16-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
24-Apr-2015 (Delayed for adding a child)
Med's Done....
9-May-2015 (Updated 29-May-2015)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-Jun-2015 (mailed 29-June-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
7-Sep-2015
REMEMBER: If you are in BREACH OF RO, you are NOT OBLIGATED TO TRUTHFULLY HELP BORDER OFFICER TO DEPORT YOU. YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT. Don't EVER forget the RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT. It's LEGAL to remain SILENT. Do NOT help border agent to deport you, do NOT TALK if what you say is not in your favor. Just KEEP SILENT.
I will not recommend to remain silent, but just answers the questions that are being asked straight to be point without providing additional details. The burden of proof lies on the PR that they comply with the RO. The border agent in most cases has all the info they need to look at your entry/exit records, so they might be probing you to understand the reason for not being compliant.

They cannot deport you, they will need to let you enter even if they file the report.

ishaannayyyar

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017

As @scylla commented, a partner with a passport from a visa-exempt country "doesn't need a TRV to visit Canada since she holds a German passport. She can visit on the eTA. However this will only allow her to visit Canada, not move here or live here."

To be allowed entry into Canada as a visitor one must, of course, intend to depart Canada within the time allowed.

As long as the Foreign National traveler intends to depart Canada timely, it is OK if they also have an intent to seek status to stay in Canada long term or even permanently. (Been there, done this.) That is, Canadian immigration authorities recognize "dual intent," meaning a traveler who intends to visit while at the same time intending to pursue long term residence. And this is OK.

That is, as @armoured observed, dual intent actually works in a Foreign National's favour, not against it. It allows a FN to enter Canada as a visitor even while, for example, they have an application for Permanent Residence in Canada pending, or even if they intend to make an inland sponsored PR application while in Canada. Such travelers run into difficulty if and when border officials suspect they do not have dual intent, apprehending the traveler does not intend to depart Canada timely (if and when visitor status ends without being granted other status to remain).

The other . . . well, it is what it is . . . the other poster here is way off on a lot and it appears this is often deliberate, intentional provocation, purposeful disruption (lately, occasionally, weaving in some accurate observations, which appears to be a Trojan Horse disguise to facilitate spreading confusion, masking the deliberately misleading diversions). The observations about remaining silent, for example, appear to be deliberate provocation, intended to disrupt and confuse. That said, the erroneous observations about dual intent might simply be a failure to understand how things work in Canada, although it appears this is more likely rooted in refractory ignorance, while otherwise noting that perhaps it is just more disruptive trolling.

In contrast, @armoured gets this right:

It is the practical side of the equation that poses the more daunting difficulties for a couple in your situation. Since it will be nearly two years more before you are in compliance with the Residency Obligation, sponsoring your partner is not a wise approach for at least a long while. Even though your partner might potentially qualify for status that would facilitate remaining in Canada long term, odds are it will be temporary visits at best for some time. It is a scenario that can be a tough go for some couples.

The no-risk approach to sponsoring a partner requires waiting until you are in compliance with the RO before initiating the sponsored partner PR application. There has been some fairly reliable, consistent anecdotal reporting that being a little short of RO compliance typically does not trigger a RO compliance examination, and thus does not cause a problem getting sponsor approval, typically. Similar to what has been described about your odds of getting waived through the PoE during your next arrival (assuming it is quite soon).

BUT making any application which depends on the validity of your PR status (such as being eligible to sponsor a family class PR applicant) can trigger a RO compliance examination and determination. Many PRs short of compliance just need to remain in Canada a little longer to get into compliance, and the anecdotal reporting generally indicates IRCC is not strict in its approach to such cases (with exceptions, the more or less obvious UNLESS situations, such as a PR who is clearly in breach, and also does not appear to be settled in Canada, applying to sponsor a partner).

HOWEVER, for you, even though you are only a little short of being in compliance, from now until the fifth year anniversary of your landing you do not gain any additional credit towards compliance. So, despite being short by a little, you will remain short for a long while. If you come soon, are waived into Canada, and you stay, a year from now, a calculation of your RO compliance will be exactly the same as it was the day you return to Canada.

This brings up a somewhat complicated nuance in how the PR RO works.

This dovetails into the other cautionary observation posted by @armoured about traveling abroad again after you get here. And brings up an aspect of the situation that was not fully addressed: the sooner you get here, the smaller the breach as of when you arrive, the better the odds there will be no problem.

As noted before, anytime a PR is in breach of the RO, there is a RISK of a RO examination upon arrival at the PoE. That entails the further RISK of being Reported and a decision terminating PR status. (To be clear, that does NOT mean there is a RISK of being immediately deported or denied entry into Canada. Even if a Removal Order is issued at the PoE that does not take effect for at least 30 days, so the PR will be allowed to continue into Canada; and if the PR files an appeal, that decision to terminate status remains unenforceable as long as the appeal is pending.)

The latter is not intended to revisit let alone revise previous observations about the PROBABILITIES of your arrival here going well (assuming it happens fairly soon). As well noted (assuming no other lurking issues not revealed), in your situation the odds lean heavily in your favour. I do not even mean to diminish those at all.

But every day more in breach increases the risks and it is very, very difficult to forecast the tipping point. Hard to predict when the odds go south. It is not just the numbers (credit for days in Canada, number of days outside Canada), but the numbers loom large.

For purposes of making an application to sponsor a partner's PR application, the hard side of this is that between now and the fifth year anniversary of your landing, your RO calculation never gets better. It can get worse, for days you remain abroad before coming you lose credit, and if you were to take chances and travel abroad again in the meantime, likewise that would decrease the days credit you have.

Your H&C factors improve as long as you stay in Canada. Days actually in Canada weigh more than credit for future days left on the calendar until the fifth year anniversary. And as you get closer to the threshold for being in compliance, the risk involved in making the sponsorship application lessens. But the only NO-Risk approach is to wait until in compliance, and for you that will be nearly two years from now IF you come soon and stay.
So there is absolutely no chance that she will be allowed to stay on a visitor visa 4 times (6 months each) if she leaves on time at the end of every 6 month?