+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Distance/Part time Masters Degree is Valid as per WES ECA?

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Hi!

Thanks, Got it! Need to send Photocopy of the Degree and the Transcripts.
One more question please. Is Distance Post Graduation Diploma from NMIMS- Global Access School recognised by WES?
When I go to the WES tool mentioned above. In the Drop Down list for Courses only Bachelor and Master courses are there (No Post Graduate Diploma). But, If I choose MBA from NMIMS - It shows as recognised and equivalent to Canada's.
Please suggest if PGDM (Distance) from NMIMS will get recognised.

Thanks.
Try IQAS rather than WES with Distance education, Deemed University and Non-recognized programs. It seems that the process is a bit tricky and the assessment report delivery usually takes 11-25 days. WES is simpler to use, but the results may not be fair.

Iramathur7

Nov 18, 2017
I did my PGDM from Symbiosis (SCMHRD) which is now part of SIU (Symbiosis International University). The name is not present in the link you had provided below. Would my education not be evaluated?
Hi Vishan,

Did you get your ECA done, since you posted this query? If yes, could you let me know how WES evaluated your PGDM? Did it consider as two or more degrees/diplomas?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi Vishan,

Did you get your ECA done, since you posted this query? If yes, could you let me know how WES evaluated your PGDM? Did it consider as two or more degrees/diplomas?
SCDL is evaluated by IQAS positively.

Iramathur7

Nov 18, 2017
I

I have done regular B.Tech (4 years) and then PGDBA (2 years distance education) from SCDL. I have submitted my WES application. I might get result by Feb 1st Week.

Thanks
Tarun.
Hi Tarun,

Did you get your WES report?
Did they consider your degrees as Two or more ?

Iramathur7

Nov 18, 2017
SCDL is evaluated by IQAS positively.
Hi Preet,

So it means that it will be awarded as 2 or more degrees right?
In my case I have a 3 year bachelors degree from Delhi University and a 1 year PG diploma distance learning from Annamalai. My transcripts are ready to be sent but just want to make sure that WES will consider it as 2 or more degrees/certificates, cuz i will get extra points for this, can you please shed some light on this ?

Many thanks
Ira

Iramathur7

Nov 18, 2017
My PGDBA From scdl wasn't given any weightage. I got overall status as Bachelors
Hi Dear, so your Distance MBA from Annamalai University got approved? Right? Was it Part time or Distance?
Hi ,

So WES does recognize Annamalai distance education courses?
I have done a PG diploma of one year from Annamalai, i dont want WES to consider as a masters, im only hoping that they consider as another degree or certificate

Will they do that ?

Thanks

Iramathur7

Nov 18, 2017
Dear Friends,

There has been a lot of questions which I read regarding PGDBA (Post Graduation Diploma in Business Administration) from SCDL (Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning being recognized by WES or not. Or is this qualification even valid for an ECA or not. I have a clear answer as I have received my ECA. So here you go.

SCDL is not listed with WES, so sending your documents for ECA for PGDBA is not recommended. I even approached some agents to reconfirm the same, who as well acknowledged. Though this was disheartening and decreased my overall score, I took a chance and applied for an ECA through IQAS instead and got an ECA. Here is the timeline:

1. Transcripts reached IQAS office - 15th Jan 2018 (I used the service of mailtranscripts.com to get my transcripts from SCDL and courier it to IQAS. It took them close to 3-4 weeks to get the same)
2. Photocopies were sent by me and reached IQAS office - 15th Feb 2018
3. IQAS acknowledged the receipt of both on 29th March 2018
4. IQAS sent me the ECA on 18th April 2018
5. Received hard copy on 25th April 2018

ECA report says "The Post Graduate Diploma generally compares to the completion of a University Diploma with a focus in business administration and human resource management"

You will be taking more time than WES to get an ECA but it for sure confirms that SCDL is recognized.

Hope this helps

Regards
Hi ,

Do you have any idea if WES considers Long distance courses from Annamalai ??

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
N
Hi Tarun,

Did you get your WES report?
Did they consider your degrees as Two or more ?
No, My PGDBA from Symbiosis (SCDL) wasn't considered valid. I wish they considered it as PG diploma, I would have got invite 5 months back!

Pujit1542

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
Hey,

I was filling out the WES form, my university is registered under it(Guru Jambeshwar.....) But its a distance learning and there no such category of it. So should I just choose my Uni. name , irrespective of Distance Education.

Please help

Thanks
Pujit Chanana

nav_141983

Aug 25, 2018
Hi,
Im planning to immigrate to Canada in the year 2020. Im starting my post graduate studies now. I have the following University options:

1. IGNOU
2. SYMBIOSIS
3. MIT
4. NARSEE MONJEE

I'd like to know, a degree from which of these Universities will help me get a job in Canada?
Hi,
By any chance did you enrolled any part time course. I was also having same college list but seems PGDB courses from NMIS, Symbiosis are not accounted for masters.

pritamjena

Jul 12, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi,
By any chance did you enrolled any part time course. I was also having same college list but seems PGDB courses from NMIS, Symbiosis are not accounted for masters.
What was it considered as ?
Did you get 2 bachelor's degree ?

pritamjena

Jul 12, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi Preet,

So it means that it will be awarded as 2 or more degrees right?
In my case I have a 3 year bachelors degree from Delhi University and a 1 year PG diploma distance learning from Annamalai. My transcripts are ready to be sent but just want to make sure that WES will consider it as 2 or more degrees/certificates, cuz i will get extra points for this, can you please shed some light on this ?

Many thanks
Ira
Hi Ira,

Is your WES evaluation done ? Please keep us updated on the results.