+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Distance/Part time Masters Degree is Valid as per WES ECA?

Guptamansi188

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Hey
Hi Anxious,

I graduated from Bharati vidyapeeth, school of distance learning 2012. I read some of the post and checked online as well. My university is recognised by distance education bureau - UGC.

Can anyone guide me if WES will accept my degree or not? I already made a account on Wes and contacted them but have recieved no answer as yet.

Putting in a lot of effort. Please guide me , would be a great help !!
You got any update from WES ?

Guptamansi188

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
U g
Hi Anxious,

I graduated from Bharati vidyapeeth, school of distance learning 2012. I read some of the post and checked online as well. My university is recognised by distance education bureau - UGC.

Can anyone guide me if WES will accept my degree or not? I already made a account on Wes and contacted them but have recieved no answer as yet.

Putting in a lot of effort. Please guide me , would be a great help !!
Hi , you got any response. As I am also planning for PDDM distance learning as Bhartiya VidyaPeeth is one of the university in my list .

Guptamansi188

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Hi. Thank you for the response. PG Diploma from Ignou is only for one year and certificate course is for 6 months. Maybe certificate course will be completely useless if evaluated by WES.

Since I already have a Bachelor's degree of three years.
I was planning to take up a course that would enable me to choose the "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" option.

Please advise. Thank You.
Hi Saba, Can you share your no as even IGNOU PG diploma is in my list too

Guptamansi188

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Hi All,
I have done B.Tech and have positive report for the same and now looking for Part Time/Distance Learning One year PGDM course to get eligible for "Two or More Secondary Progarms"

Please guide what all universities for PGDM will be accepted by WES Canada.

Guptamansi188

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Hi,

I too am in the same boat. Please advise if WES accepts bharati vidyapeeth Distance learning MBA.

thanks
Even I am not sure and asked the member you did and applied for WES evaluation. Pls let em know if ul come to know about that. How much is ur CRS without MBA ?

Ishan Maken

Nov 11, 2017
Dear Friends,

There has been a lot of questions which I read regarding PGDBA (Post Graduation Diploma in Business Administration) from SCDL (Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning being recognized by WES or not. Or is this qualification even valid for an ECA or not. I have a clear answer as I have received my ECA. So here you go.

SCDL is not listed with WES, so sending your documents for ECA for PGDBA is not recommended. I even approached some agents to reconfirm the same, who as well acknowledged. Though this was disheartening and decreased my overall score, I took a chance and applied for an ECA through IQAS instead and got an ECA. Here is the timeline:

1. Transcripts reached IQAS office - 15th Jan 2018 (I used the service of mailtranscripts.com to get my transcripts from SCDL and courier it to IQAS. It took them close to 3-4 weeks to get the same)
2. Photocopies were sent by me and reached IQAS office - 15th Feb 2018
3. IQAS acknowledged the receipt of both on 29th March 2018
4. IQAS sent me the ECA on 18th April 2018
5. Received hard copy on 25th April 2018

ECA report says "The Post Graduate Diploma generally compares to the completion of a University Diploma with a focus in business administration and human resource management"

You will be taking more time than WES to get an ECA but it for sure confirms that SCDL is recognized.

Hope this helps

Regards

Reactions: Iramathur7

motabhai915

Mar 25, 2018
anyone here who has got a positive ECA from WES or even IQAS ,
for the course PGDBA - from Anna Malai university

It was a distance learning course - 1 year duration

- I have finished my exams and waiting for results .
Can you please put me in touch with anyone who is in the same boat or already crossed the river by getting an eca done by being in same boat (university/course)

332663Rb!

Star Member
May 23, 2017
anyone here who has got a positive ECA from WES or even IQAS ,
for the course PGDBA - from Anna Malai university

It was a distance learning course - 1 year duration

- I have finished my exams and waiting for results .
Can you please put me in touch with anyone who is in the same boat or already crossed the river by getting an eca done by being in same boat (university/course)
Your school should be approved by distance education bureau of india and under UGC( university grant commission). Check that from your university.