+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Distance/Part time Masters Degree is Valid as per WES ECA?

Chandu.pcm

Mar 27, 2018
Hi friends. I need a best answer from you.

I completed B.tech in mechanical engineering. Now i am planning to study PG diploma for masters online (present i am not in india). For gettings the points for Canada PR. So i need to ask you, which university is good for me also it should be WES approved.

Br

Sam5688

Mar 31, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hi All

Would appreciate a feedback from anyone with my same query/situation.
I have a Bachelor in arts from Delhi University (graduation year 2001) and Post graduate Diploma in Public Relations and advertising from New Delhi YMCA Centre for mass media (year 2002).

My question is, which of the 5 ECA validators would accept the YMCA PGD with the bachelors and grant the 2 or more certificate, diploma or degree. Is there any out there who has been in my situation who got a positive outcome from their evaluation

Kind regards
Sam5688

GJN

Mar 20, 2018
Hello Friends,

I'm new to the process, just wanted to check do WES evaluate graduation from distance learning from Delhi University?

I've further completed my MBA from IMT Ghaziabad (part time), just unsure what all documents should i send 12+Grad+Post graduation or only grad+post graduation?

please help.
Hi,

I read that you have got your WES evaluation done for IMT CDL - PGDM.. Kindly advise if they recognized it or not ??

look forward to your response.

Thanks

awais.ali

Apr 8, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have done below-mentioned courses, can you please let me know what can I expect in my WES evaluation?

1. B.Tech - Electronics and Communication: Punjab Technical University - 4 years, regular course
2. PGDBA - Operations Management, Symbiosis Center for distance learning, 2 years distance education course.

Can you please let me know, what can be leveraged from WES evaluation?

a) Bachelors 4 years degree only.
b) two or more degrees or diploma, out of which one is a 3 degree course
c) masters degree

I have my transcripts ready to be mailed to WES. But, still a little curious to know what can be expected as next.

Thanks
Tarun
Hello Tarun,

Were your docs (B. Tech and PGDBA) evaluated by WES? Looking forward to reading your reply.

Thanks.
Awais

saba.khan

Apr 9, 2018
Hi Salej

Even i did my MCA from IGNOU which is a Distance Education

Its been recognised by WES i got my ECA report last week itself

Ta!
Raghav
Thank You. Are BA (Majors in English) and Certificate in Teaching English as a second language (CTE) courses recognized? Please let me know.

saba.khan

Apr 9, 2018
I think you should raise a query with WES first. My wife has a 3 years B.A degree and 2 years M.A degree and her credentials were evaluated as

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY :
Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year) .
I have also done BA. I was planning to do PG Diploma but if they are considering Masters as PG Diploma then what would they recognize PG Diploma as? Moreover, what is the method to know the Canadian Equivalency Summary? Please guide?

tmahajan

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
I have also done BA. I was planning to do PG Diploma but if they are considering Masters as PG Diploma then what would they recognize PG Diploma as? Moreover, what is the method to know the Canadian Equivalency Summary? Please guide?
Hi Saba ,
Will this PG Diploma that you are planning to pursue , be of 1 year or 2 years ?

saba.khan

Apr 9, 2018
Hi Saba ,
Will this PG Diploma that you are planning to pursue , be of 1 year or 2 years ?
Hi. Thank you for the response. PG Diploma from Ignou is only for one year and certificate course is for 6 months. Maybe certificate course will be completely useless if evaluated by WES.

Since I already have a Bachelor's degree of three years.
I was planning to take up a course that would enable me to choose the "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" option.

Please advise. Thank You.

Last edited:

manidynamic

Apr 12, 2018
Hey Sharma2730.

Not yet, my case is under review. They have told me that I will get my evaluation by 7th Feb. Keeping fingers crossed meanwhile.

Thanks
Tarun.

We can also connect offline on a quick call, should you wish to do so.
Hello Tarun,

Can you pl. share your contact number. I would like to discuss it as my case is same as yours.

Regards,

Guptamansi188

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Hi. Thank you for the response. PG Diploma from Ignou is only for one year and certificate course is for 6 months. Maybe certificate course will be completely useless if evaluated by WES.

Since I already have a Bachelor's degree of three years.
I was planning to take up a course that would enable me to choose the "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" option.

Please advise. Thank You.
Hi Saba, Even I am also thinking to pursue PGDM to be eligible for "Two or more post secondary Program Stream"
Pls advice if IGNOU PG diploma of one year would be accepted by WES ?

Guptamansi188

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Hi all,

Need some input from the seniors here. I have a four year bachelors degree (Regular) and a two year masters degree from Annamalai University (part time / distance education). Both from India. Finding it difficult to contact the University where I did my bachelors degree so I contacted ICAS to confirm if they can provide an assessment based on my masters degree alone to which they sent me a positive reply. I went ahead with the process. They have received masters transcripts from the university almost a month ago but haven't heard anything from them yet.

Does anyone here have any experience with this? Anyone got assessment done only for their masters degree and got assessed as equivalent to a Canadian Masters (126 points)?

How did WES/ICAS assess your two year part time masters degree from Annamalai University (or part time MBA from any other University)?

I am hoping to claim 126 points for the masters degree.
Hey , any update?

Guptamansi188

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Hi ,

I used WES . First in the month of April I sent only my bachelor's for evaluation . Because I couldnot get my MBA certificates from Anna University at that time .

Then in the month of July , I was able to get all the docs for Masters-MBA -distance mode from Anna univ . So I applied for " Upgrade " of the evaluation (which means u are adding another degree to existing evaluation / already evaluated ) . So WES upgraded my earlier report to Master's .

So my WES report tells " Bachelors (4 yr) and Masters".

To answer your question, yes I did sent both the degrees for evaluation , but not at same time . The only reason why I did like this is , I couldnot get my Mba docs in first place ,otherwise would have done together.
Hi Dear, so your Distance MBA from Annamalai University got approved? Right? Was it Part time or Distance?