+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Discussion related to getting married and submitting spouse docs after eapr

prasad_techguy

Dec 17, 2017
I don't think Asivad follows this forum anymore, but you can find him on LinkedIn.

There is no need to wait for your PPR - in fact, better to get married before PPR to add your spouse. If you wait until you get the PPR, there will be no need to send the passport immediately, because you will have to submit all your spouse's documents and wait another couple of months. But if you plan to stay in India for a few months, you can request a change of visa office. If you come back to Canada, when you get the new PPR, you can get your passport stamped in Canada, and request that your spouse's be stamped in India. You don't have to "land" at the same time, but you, as the Principal applicant, have to land first.
I am confused. My CRS score is 441 and I am confident that I will get an ITA soon. I am getting married in early Mar-2018. I know that if I get married after eAPR my CRS score won't be recalculated. I have all the documents except FBI PCC. I am afraid I might get it after my wedding. My doubt is can I submit the documents I have with me right now (without FBI PCC) and will it be considered as eAPR and will I receive AOR. And if I get married after that will my score be recalculated. Thank you.

dragonqn

Oct 6, 2018
Same question ... my fiancé has 460+ and has received invite in express entry and need to submit documents by dec 2018, his age also changes end of this month, he looses 5 more points ...if we do get married and adds me as a spouse and I give ielts, he is back at 460 range.. based on your experiences please let me know if he should go ahead and submit documents as single applicant or is it better that we get married before dec 2018 and submit documents together.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Same question ... my fiancé has 460+ and has received invite in express entry and need to submit documents by dec 2018, his age also changes end of this month, he looses 5 more points ...if we do get married and adds me as a spouse and I give ielts, he is back at 460 range.. based on your experiences please let me know if he should go ahead and submit documents as single applicant or is it better that we get married before dec 2018 and submit documents together.
If you marry before eAPR, his CRS score will be reassessed. If you marry after eAPR, his CRS score won't be reassessed. If his score will remain above the ITA cut-off either way, then it is entirely your decision when to marry.

Reactions: dragonqn

dragonqn

Oct 6, 2018
Thank you ... for the info .. will plan accordingly to get married after eAPR

If you marry before eAPR, his CRS score will be reassessed. If you marry after eAPR, his CRS score won't be reassessed. If his score will remain above the ITA cut-off either way, then it is entirely your decision when to marry.

kirankorah46

Dec 8, 2018
yes
On the CIC's website, the following information is written if your family composition changes after getting eapr.
Experts please weigh in here.

Police certificates (spouse) from each country where you have resided for six months or longer since the age of 18. You must submit a translation of the document into English or French if applicable.
- Passport size photograph (spouse).
- Receipt for processing fee of $550 CAD (spouse). Please make your payment online via https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/.
- Marriage Certificate.
- Bio-data page(s) of passport (spouse).
- Birth certificate (spouse).
- IMM 0008 Application form – Generic Application Form for Canada.
- IMM 5406 Additional Family Information form (principal applicant and spouse).
- Travel History Information form (spouse).
- Updated Schedule A Background/ Declaration form (spouse). Please note you will need to provide information as of the month/year you turned 18 with no gaps in personal history or address dates. Do i haev to draft this personal history on my own in a word document for the last ten years and then merge it with the final CSE?
- Information chart (see final page of this document). (Can anyone point out what this information chart is

The other important question is that the CIC is not asking for any medicals. Has anyone noticed the same and know the reason why? one of my friends AMIR unexpectedly got PPR within 1 month of getting AOR and he got married 1 day back so he had to submit all these docs except the medicals.
they didnt asked my spouse medicals

KBDK

Jan 9, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am new to this Forum. Need your advice/suggestion on something.

I received my ITA in December and currently due to file for PR. Marriage is on the cards for me and my initial plan was to sponsor my wife after I receive my PR. I understand that's a very lenghty process and takes a lot of time.

Is there another way around this? I recently came to know that if you get married post EAPR and add your spouse in your application, it might speed up the process. Can anyone confirm this and explain me the whole step by step process?

Also, will she have to appear for IELTs and get her ECA done.

Many Thanks

Reactions: Sahi90

kulsaad

Sep 5, 2018
On the CIC's website, the following information is written if your family composition changes after getting eapr.
Experts please weigh in here.

Police certificates (spouse) from each country where you have resided for six months or longer since the age of 18. You must submit a translation of the document into English or French if applicable.
- Passport size photograph (spouse).
- Receipt for processing fee of $550 CAD (spouse). Please make your payment online via https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/.
- Marriage Certificate.
- Bio-data page(s) of passport (spouse).
- Birth certificate (spouse).
- IMM 0008 Application form – Generic Application Form for Canada.
- IMM 5406 Additional Family Information form (principal applicant and spouse).
- Travel History Information form (spouse).
- Updated Schedule A Background/ Declaration form (spouse). Please note you will need to provide information as of the month/year you turned 18 with no gaps in personal history or address dates. Do i haev to draft this personal history on my own in a word document for the last ten years and then merge it with the final CSE?
- Information chart (see final page of this document). (Can anyone point out what this information chart is

The other important question is that the CIC is not asking for any medicals. Has anyone noticed the same and know the reason why? one of my friends AMIR unexpectedly got PPR within 1 month of getting AOR and he got married 1 day back so he had to submit all these docs except the medicals.
Can you please tell me who is supposed to fill out the IMM 0008? The principal (me) or my husband (spouse)?

Thank you!

Hdnarola20

Jun 21, 2019
Re: Getting married after PPR? or AOR? Discussion

1. Get married when you want to. The only IRCC requirement is that you state your marital status accurately in your application.

2. If you are married before submitting the post ITA application, you will be treated as a married applicant (misrepresentation if you declare yourself as 'single') and your points are calculated differently. The only exception being that you can classify your spouse as 'not accompanying' whereby your points will be calculated as a single applicant.

3. If you get married after e-APR but before you 'land' in Canada, your points won't be recalculated when your spouse is added to the current application. Adding a spouse wouldn't directly lead to refusal - it may happen if your spouse is inadmissible to Canada on medical and/or criminal/legal grounds. It may also happen if you don't have sufficient POF for the two of you. Else your spouse will be added to the current application - no IELTS, ECA needed for spouse. Passport, Medicals, PCC(s) required.

4. No real reason to wait for PPR before getting married. You can get married anytime after e-APR and add your spouse to the current application. Many forum members have done that successfully and got their PRs together with their spouse. It delays the process by 8 weeks or longer but that is still worth it because inland/outland spousal sponsorship can take 12 months or longer.

All the best!

Please Answer..
Hi There...
I got ITA on 20 September and i have submitted my file and pay all fees on 23 October..After that i got married on 20 November..my score was 457 and minimum score was 440 that time...so if i add my wife now than my point will be recalculate???
I mean i have to have make at least 440 point after adding my wife??
Please reply
Moreover my wife gonna nees degree evaluation i mean ECA/WES or Ielts???

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Please Answer..
Hi There...
I got ITA on 20 September and i have submitted my file and pay all fees on 23 October..After that i got married on 20 November..my score was 457 and minimum score was 440 that time...so if i add my wife now than my point will be recalculate???
Please reply

Thanks
Your points will not be recalculated.

Your wife does not require a degree evaluation or IELTS.

Johnjacobb

May 19, 2020
Please Answer..
Hi There...
Please reply

Thanks
Any update on how you got on?