Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20/04/2016
AOR Received.
10/06/2016
Passport Req..
06/12/2016
Hello, everyone. After getting my PPR I am planning to get married so that it becomes easier for the spouse to accompany me and leads to lesser hassle for getting her permanent residency card along with mine. So we both can work there full time together. Has anyone in this group ever come across such a case in this forum? how much delay will it lead to me and her getting COPR? i understand that she does not have to go through ECA and IELTS. Only meds, ECA and pof required. Correct? Please guide me if i am missing something here. Has anyone in this group every come accross someone getting PPR and then getting married which leads to rejection. Or any cases of such rejection.

And I also understand that the same procedure applies even after submitting your E-APR but then, people say that dont get married after E-APR else rejection chances are higher. I dont know if its true, hence i thought its better to first wait for PPR and then get married.

Please give your best advice here. I dont want to leave her behind and wait for another almost 2 years before i could sponsor her as spouse.

Waiting for your reply..

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Getting married after PPR? or AOR? Discussion

1. Get married when you want to. The only IRCC requirement is that you state your marital status accurately in your application.

2. If you are married before submitting the post ITA application, you will be treated as a married applicant (misrepresentation if you declare yourself as 'single') and your points are calculated differently. The only exception being that you can classify your spouse as 'not accompanying' whereby your points will be calculated as a single applicant.

3. If you get married after e-APR but before you 'land' in Canada, your points won't be recalculated when your spouse is added to the current application. Adding a spouse wouldn't directly lead to refusal - it may happen if your spouse is inadmissible to Canada on medical and/or criminal/legal grounds. It may also happen if you don't have sufficient POF for the two of you. Else your spouse will be added to the current application - no IELTS, ECA needed for spouse. Passport, Medicals, PCC(s) required.

4. No real reason to wait for PPR before getting married. You can get married anytime after e-APR and add your spouse to the current application. Many forum members have done that successfully and got their PRs together with their spouse. It delays the process by 8 weeks or longer but that is still worth it because inland/outland spousal sponsorship can take 12 months or longer.

All the best!

kaizadhans

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20/04/2016
AOR Received.
10/06/2016
Passport Req..
06/12/2016

Asivad Anac said:
1. Get married when you want to. The only IRCC requirement is that you state your marital status accurately in your application.

2. If you are married before submitting the post ITA application, you will be treated as a married applicant (misrepresentation if you declare yourself as 'single') and your points are calculated differently. The only exception being that you can classify your spouse as 'not accompanying' whereby your points will be calculated as a single applicant.

3. If you get married after e-APR but before you 'land' in Canada, your points won't be recalculated when your spouse is added to the current application. Adding a spouse wouldn't directly lead to refusal - it may happen if your spouse is inadmissible to Canada on medical and/or criminal/legal grounds. It may also happen if you don't have sufficient POF for the two of you. Else your spouse will be added to the current application - no IELTS, ECA needed for spouse. Passport, Medicals, PCC(s) required.

4. No real reason to wait for PPR before getting married. You can get married anytime after e-APR and add your spouse to the current application. Many forum members have done that successfully and got their PRs together with their spouse. It delays the process by 8 weeks or longer but that is still worth it because inland/outland spousal sponsorship can take 12 months or longer.

All the best!
You are such a gem of a person. Many thanks asivad. :)

Reactions: aarrow14

kaizadhans

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20/04/2016
AOR Received.
10/06/2016
Passport Req..
06/12/2016

kaizadhans said:
You are such a gem of a person. Many thanks asivad. :)
Does anyone here in the forum have any idea as to what kind of visa stamp will be issued to my spouse? will it be explicitly written that its a dependant or spousal visa? And what will be mentioned on my visa? i am the principal applicant.

kaizadhans

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20/04/2016
AOR Received.
10/06/2016
Passport Req..
06/12/2016
On the CIC's website, the following information is written if your family composition changes after getting eapr.
Experts please weigh in here.

Police certificates (spouse) from each country where you have resided for six months or longer since the age of 18. You must submit a translation of the document into English or French if applicable.
- Passport size photograph (spouse).
- Receipt for processing fee of $550 CAD (spouse). Please make your payment online via https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/.
- Marriage Certificate.
- Bio-data page(s) of passport (spouse).
- Birth certificate (spouse).
- IMM 0008 Application form – Generic Application Form for Canada.
- IMM 5406 Additional Family Information form (principal applicant and spouse).
- Travel History Information form (spouse).
- Updated Schedule A Background/ Declaration form (spouse). Please note you will need to provide information as of the month/year you turned 18 with no gaps in personal history or address dates. Do i haev to draft this personal history on my own in a word document for the last ten years and then merge it with the final CSE?
- Information chart (see final page of this document). (Can anyone point out what this information chart is

The other important question is that the CIC is not asking for any medicals. Has anyone noticed the same and know the reason why? one of my friends AMIR unexpectedly got PPR within 1 month of getting AOR and he got married 1 day back so he had to submit all these docs except the medicals.

stone1337

Oct 24, 2016
Hi Guys,

Received below message from CIC. Current received PPR and getting married. PP not yet sent.

In order to add your spouse to your application, you need to upload the following documents to your file:
- Processing fee for your spouse .
-Copy of your spouse's birth certificate .
- Copy of your spouse’s valid passport.
- Copy of your marriage certificate.
- Original police certificates from all the countries your spouse has resided in for longer than 6 months after the age of 18.
- Upload your background information on your file to include your spouse.

Any help on this?

Where do I have to upload the additional documents? Is this in my CIC account itself? I currently do not see this option available.

Does my wife have to do medicals as well?.

babamia

Jul 1, 2016
Good day house, my AOR was in January, and i got married in February. IRCC is requesting i submit my spouse's passport, medicals and police certificate. I noticed three new placeholders are now in my cic account for each of the 3 new items.

I am also to pay $550 application fee using a link sent to me in the update request letter, i am at a loss as to where to upload the payment details, since in my case of adding a spouse it is expected of me to pay online outside my cic account.

Can someone who has gone through a similar situation guide me out of the confusion? :-[ :-[.

How do i prove payment? where do i upload payment proof ?

akashbhalla89

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016

All the best!
Hello Sir,

Need your advice am getting married in two months. I am FSW INLAND applicant medical passed already. Shall i wait for PPR and then go to INDIA to get married and quickly come to send my passport or can i go there ask cic to change my visa office send the passport in INDIA office .

I am confused please guide me what to do ?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello Sir,
Need your advice am getting married in two months. I am FSW INLAND applicant medical passed already. Shall i wait for PPR and then go to INDIA to get married and quickly come to send my passport or can i go there ask cic to change my visa office send the passport in INDIA office .

I am confused please guide me what to do ?
I don't think Asivad follows this forum anymore, but you can find him on LinkedIn.

There is no need to wait for your PPR - in fact, better to get married before PPR to add your spouse. If you wait until you get the PPR, there will be no need to send the passport immediately, because you will have to submit all your spouse's documents and wait another couple of months. But if you plan to stay in India for a few months, you can request a change of visa office. If you come back to Canada, when you get the new PPR, you can get your passport stamped in Canada, and request that your spouse's be stamped in India. You don't have to "land" at the same time, but you, as the Principal applicant, have to land first.

Reactions: jackdawn

akashbhalla89

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
I don't think Asivad follows this forum anymore, but you can find him on LinkedIn.

There is no need to wait for your PPR - in fact, better to get married before PPR to add your spouse. If you wait until you get the PPR, there will be no need to send the passport immediately, because you will have to submit all your spouse's documents and wait another couple of months. But if you plan to stay in India for a few months, you can request a change of visa office. If you come back to Canada, when you get the new PPR, you can get your passport stamped in Canada, and request that your spouse's be stamped in India. You don't have to "land" at the same time, but you, as the Principal applicant, have to land first.
Thank you so much

Nartus

Star Member
Oct 11, 2016

All the best!

If I get married after AOR, Should I include or mention that I have a girlfriend on any documents during or before e-APR?

Vishal A

Apr 9, 2016

Hi,

I am single applicant, have recently got PPR and have sent the passport for stamping. My medical date is Apr 14, 2017 and hence I have to land in Canada before Apr 13, 2018. I am planning to move to Canada in second half of next year and hence planning to do soft landing before April 2018. I am also planning to get married during this period. My questions are as follows:

1. Should I do soft landing before getting married? Will there be any issue if I add my spouse post my soft landing?

2. Should I get married before April 2018, add spouse to my PR and then do soft landing.
Is there any difference for adding spouse in above cases?

Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
  1. Should I do soft landing before getting married? Will there be any issue if I add my spouse post my soft landing?

2. Should I get married before April 2018, add spouse to my PR and then do soft landing.
You can't add a spouse after you land. Your app is closed. You would need to sponsor your spouse, which requires you to be actually residing IN Canada throughout the whole process. It is unlikely that your spouse would be approved for a TRV, so you will likely be apart for up to 12 months. Or you get married before you land, add your spouse and you both become PRs together.

TanmaySamel

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2172/2174
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
22-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-07-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
16-08-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
16-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Hi,

I am single applicant, have recently got PPR and have sent the passport for stamping. My medical date is Apr 14, 2017 and hence I have to land in Canada before Apr 13, 2018. I am planning to move to Canada in second half of next year and hence planning to do soft landing before April 2018. I am also planning to get married during this period. My questions are as follows:

Is there any difference for adding spouse in above cases?

Thank you
could you let me know what approach have you taken... i am at AOR stage sine 12th July 2017 and I have to get married some time soon... with current processing times its expected PPR date is by Feb 2018... so should i get married now? and if yes what all things do i need to give to CIC later during the process?

I_Love_canada

Aug 28, 2017
Hey... want to ask what is the actual meaning of the latest notification on CIC site... is it concerned with people getting married after e-APR... that means if they are accompanied by their partners they will be considered as "with spouse" case even if they have applied as single... really confused regarding this... i am planning in same manner to get married after e-APR because i do not want to leave my partner... another thing does the new changes after 6-june afftected these cases?? Please share latest information. This is the notification on official site of CIC:

Note: If your spouse or partner is not coming with you to Canada, or they are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, you will earn points as if you don’t have a spouse or partner.