+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Direct CoPR without PPR in CIC Account

Joana90

Jan 29, 2019
Hi guys,
I got my COPR on June 2 and I sent the copy of the letter with 2 passport photographs on June 6. I It's going to 5months now and still haven't received my pr card. My VO is Edmonton. Is anyone here whose VO is in Edmonton? Is anyone in the same boat with me?

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
Hello all. Wanted to ask those of you who are receiving direct COPRs, are you just logging in randomly and seeing the COPR show up with everything else updated on the same day? Or do you guys also see other ghost updates first in the days preceding your COPR where nothing seems to change in the profile, or where the Background Check status changes ("in progress"; "we are processing")?

TrueLiar

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today I got a response from LVO in reply to my webform:

"Your application has been sent to our colleagues in Canada who will print your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and send it to your address provided in Canada. Please be patient as our offices are slightly delayed in processing documents due to COVID-19."

I am June 2019 applicant, and got decision made on November 04, 2020.

Has anyone else faced a similar situation? If yes, what would be the next step? Would we not get passport request? And a CoPR production would end our process?

Please note I am an outland applicant with spouse here in Canada on TRV.

Regards,

vvenancio

Dec 12, 2019
Hello everyone,

I need some insight about my situation.

I'm an Outland applicant, being sponsored by my wife. In 23 october received an email from CPC Etobicoke asking if I was in Canada if so to send my address for them to process my Virtual Landing. I am in Canada, sent my address in the 29th of October received an email saying that there was an update on my account. I entered my account and saw my application was approved and that I landed in Etobicoke in the 27th of October and became a PR in the same day.

Since then nothing, no COPR letter, no COPR email, nothing. I have a job offer pending until the end of the week and without a least a SIN application they will no be able to hire me.

Anyone in same situation? Almost a month waiting for a COPR email?

vvenancio

Dec 12, 2019
Today I got a response from LVO in reply to my webform:

"Your application has been sent to our colleagues in Canada who will print your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and send it to your address provided in Canada. Please be patient as our offices are slightly delayed in processing documents due to COVID-19."

I am June 2019 applicant, and got decision made on November 04, 2020.

Has anyone else faced a similar situation? If yes, what would be the next step? Would we not get passport request? And a CoPR production would end our process?

Please note I am an outland applicant with spouse here in Canada on TRV.

Regards,
Still waiting? I got my application approved in 27 October and still waiting for my COPR.

tomdele

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
I am family of 5. Four of us got our PR Cards after photos were sent in 3months 10 days and the 5th person got hers 6 months. Processing time for PR Cards are unreliable due to covid 19.

MGPC

Jun 19, 2020
Hi, I'm a PNP inland and today I got an email from IRCC Kitchner that reads

I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!

This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.

This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address.

I've never received CoPR or PPR on my account. I got this e-mail directly.

Based on what the e-mail says, I should only send a CoPR if I have one, otherwise I assume I should just print this e-mail and send them the photo, is that right?
Hi, I am in the same boat. Just got an email with the same message as you. I have been trying to find information on what to do next. Did you send them the printed document with one picture? Did you receive your PR Card? I´m in Ontario too!
Thank you for your help! I appreciate it!

Mark2020

Jan 23, 2021
I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now
complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!

This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees
and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a
permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you
are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.

This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the
documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of
Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that
meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your
unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has
changed, please provide us with your current address.

If you do not have a (CoPR), please print a copy of this letter and send it to us along with one
photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above; we will produce your
permanent resident card once we receive it.

We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the Government of
Canada’s order to stay home during the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when
it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime,
this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this
letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a
federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this
one-year period.

We are making every effort to produce and mail your permanent resident card, but there will be
delays as our offices are either closed or working at minimum capacity. Issuance of permanent
resident cards should gradually resume as COVID-19 related restrictions are eased.

If you leave Canada without a permanent resident card, you will have to apply for a permanent
resident travel document through a visa office. Otherwise, you will not be able to board a
commercial vehicle (plane, train, bus or boat) to come back to Canada. Please visit our website for more information.

The UCI in the upper left corner of this letter is your personal identification number and it provides access to information on your IRCC file. For your own protection, do not allow any other person to use this number.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

I sent this letter with the required photos to the address stated in the letter for my pr card
Can you please tell me did you receive your pr card after sending this letter with a photo?

rs572

Dec 10, 2016
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017,
AOR Received.
Application received on 18-05-2017
Med's Done....
Medical test passed on 27-05-2017
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
June 1, 2018
Hi, I am in the same boat. Just got an email with the same message as you. I have been trying to find information on what to do next. Did you send them the printed document with one picture? Did you receive your PR Card? I´m in Ontario too!
Thank you for your help! I appreciate it!
Hii..we can send photo through online portal as well for landing..am i right?