+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did not get pick up letter.What to do

ash001

Dec 2, 2013
Hi,
The cic call centre agent told me...my pick up letter was sent on Jan 30(Toronto office).I have not got it so far. Can I still go to collect my pr card without the letter. Will they consider me.
What documents do I need to take.....Please comment

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Local CIC offices work on an appointment basis so if you show up you may not get admitted. You have nothing to lose though - take your passport and ID submitted with the renewal as well as originals of supporting documents showing proof of residence NOAs, pay stubs, leases etc.

ash001

Dec 2, 2013
Thanks Msafiri for your response...The call centre agent told me I can go without the pick up letter also. They said just take the originals of the documents you submitted along with the passports

akheya

Dec 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am in sort of similar situation, CIC, told me they the card has been sent to local office in etobicoke, been more than 10days(mailed to local office on 17th)
i have nothing from them yet, my application was on urgent bases and my flight is on 1st may. They also told me that they are aware its urgent and application is approved and card was processed and send to local office for pick up and they should be calling me for pick up, i asked them if they will be mailing me, they said they shouldnt as its urgent. Should i just go in on tuesday after waiting till monday so if i get a call from them or not, i will take with me all my supporting documents and orginals.

Do you know what paperwork they ask for? Please help seniors its URGENT.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akheya said:
Hi,

I am in sort of similar situation, CIC, told me they the card has been sent to local office in etobicoke, been more than 10days(mailed to local office on 17th)
i have nothing from them yet, my application was on urgent bases and my flight is on 1st may. They also told me that they are aware its urgent and application is approved and card was processed and send to local office for pick up and they should be calling me for pick up, i asked them if they will be mailing me, they said they shouldnt as its urgent. Should i just go in on tuesday after waiting till monday so if i get a call from them or not, i will take with me all my supporting documents and orginals.

Do you know what paperwork they ask for? Please help seniors its URGENT.
Why don't you call CIC call centre?

akheya

Dec 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i did, they keep telling me the card was mailed out to the local office on 17th, but no word on them recieving it and no word on them reaching out to me with mail to pickup the letter yet, and i just have mon, tues and wed left before i fly. Also they said they have sent an email to local offcie to contact me as soon as possible, as my aplication is urgent and my flight details.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akheya said:
i did, they keep telling me the card was mailed out to the local office on 17th, but no word on them recieving it and no word on them reaching out to me with mail to pickup the letter yet, and i just have mon, tues and wed left before i fly. Also they said they have sent an email to local offcie to contact me as soon as possible, as my aplication is urgent and my flight details.
Card was mailed out to the local office? That means you need make an appointment and go to the local office to get the card? Good luck if this can be done in the next three days.

akheya

Dec 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
exactly, they keep telling they will contact via email or phone coz its urgent to make appointment, no call or email or anything yet, i dont know anymore wat to do. Should just write a letter and go to local office and see if they can atleast accept my letter if not me.

joeblowcocomo

Apr 25, 2013
akheya said:
exactly, they keep telling they will contact via email or phone coz its urgent to make appointment, no call or email or anything yet, i dont know anymore wat to do. Should just write a letter and go to local office and see if they can atleast accept my letter if not me.
We received our letter with the appointment date that was after the travel date (urgent processing). Went to the St Claire office without appointment in the morning, received the card, no hassle. So it can be done.

akheya

Dec 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
when did u recive the letter and when are u travelling?

i did not recieve any letter yet, so i dont know if i can go in without. More so i called Call center again and they told me a new story now.
"my card was sent Toronto office initially, they are in middle of switching their dept of processing card to etobicoke, so it was sent to them, etobicoke office hasn’t ackknowldged they have recvied the card yet after the email was sent to them to check if they got my card. so no clue wats happening anymore

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You have nothing to lose by just going to the office now without the letter and asking to get your card. Worst case, they tell you to wait for a letter; best case, you get your card.

akheya

Dec 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i agree with you, i plan to do that tomorrow morning, what should i take me with, does anyone know whats in the letter normally.?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akheya said:
i agree with you, i plan to do that tomorrow morning, what should i take me with, does anyone know whats in the letter normally.?
Originals of all the supporting documents you mailed with your application - first on the list is all passports/ travel documents covering the 5 year residency review period!

akheya

Dec 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
update: So i called this morning call center again and they said no news on it yet. I just decided to walk in to the office and see how it goes, security stopped me and asked me for appointment letter, told them i do not have the letter and i was told i wont get letter but should be getting a call, and i received none.

she gave me a blue form to fill, i waited for about an hr till my number was called, officer asked for old PR CARD, saw passport, tax assessments, pay stubs from present work and gave me the card. :D. He also said a letter was mailed to you for pickup, which i never received.

strange that nothing gets updated on cic website or when you call them. online shows decision made.