+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did Anyone got reply from University of Alberta ??

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
@Divyazabi

I do not think so as I have sent all the docs including Reference letter. marksheet..degree...by myself only to 2 other univ and got the admission offer

The only think which matters is Duly signed and sealed docs ( Transcripts and Reference letter ) otherwise Transcripts could have been sent also by University/college itself.

IELTS ...yes from British council only

Adil Sulehri

Nov 1, 2012
Vancouver
yes i have got reply from Uni of Alberta :) stating that they dont have a seat for me ;) lolz
but no worries brothers , God is Gr8 , yahan nahi tou kahen aur sahi , never to loose hope :)
my profile :
Matric : 86 %
Fsc : 56 %
BE (Electronics) : 3.03 CGPA
Ilets : 6.5 . (no band less than 6)
Experience : 2 years (Relevant ;)... phir bh naa keh dia . :p

"Dear Adil Sulehri,
Re: Application for Graduate Studies
Your application for admission to our graduate program has been received
and carefully considered by the Department of Electrical and Computer
Engineering. I regret to inform you that the Department is not able to recommend
your admission to the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research. The decision
was based on the strong competition for very few openings.
We receive many applications each year and the Graduate Studies Admissions
Committee takes every effort to evaluate each application objectively for a
limited number of spaces. Failure to be admitted to our graduate program does
not reflect upon your professional qualifications but rather reflects the
intense competition for graduate positions.
Thank you for your interest in the University of Alberta, and best wishes
for your future career plans.

Sincerely,

N McDonagh for
Associate Chair of Graduate Studies"

if any one want to know the status of his/her application , kindly contact at this e-mail : nona@ece.ualberta.ca
God bless every one.

tachyon.amit

Apr 1, 2013
University of Alberta Fall 13 Applicants, Join In ...

Any update guys ??

I also request all other UAlberta Applicants to join in and share their views...

Regards
Amit

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
Here we go :

"There has been a larger interest in the Master of Engineering (Course Based) program than anticipated. This has made application processing times much greater.

What we have done, in order to speed up processing, is to present all applications that were complete by the deadline date, to the Review Committee for consideration without updating them on the BearTracks system. This will save a great deal of time and will give the successful students, who need time for immigration processes, an opportunity to meet their deadlines.
All applications will be reviewed but only those selected by the Review Committee will be updated on BearTracks and then sent to our Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR) where Admission letters are issued.

The Review Committee will make its best effort to complete the review of applications within the next 2 weeks. All applicants will receive an email from me, indicating whether their application has been selected or not.
Thank you for your patience and for your interest in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Alberta."

para bacha22

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI (UAE)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Me applied tooo but i got rejected.
Last week got email :-[

tachyon.amit

Apr 1, 2013
@mayank : i also got the same mail from Mr. Richard Groulx ... Lets see what happens now ....

@para bacha22 : Can u share ur profile, program A/F etc. Thanks ...

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
Yes @Amit....We have pretty much similar profile as well but c'mon man...My all the documents are in Outstanding items only :(

Have u done anything specific in Bear Track or smwhere to make it under Completed :D ??

I have CCID ID, Web Application No. and Application # present in Bear Track

Have u got any correspondence on ur Alberta mail ID ?

I have sent these much docs :

Graduate Admission Application form
Transcripts
3 LOR - All sealed
IELTS Score - official
Resume + CV Form attach
Degree
Marksheet
Bonafide - Empluyment Letter
SOP
Certificates
Passport
Payment Receipt- Email Copy

tachyon.amit

Apr 1, 2013
mayank_6 said:
Yes @ Amit....We have pretty much similar profile as well but c'mon man...My all the documents are in Outstanding items only :(

Have u done anything specific in Bear Track or smwhere to make it under Completed :D ??

I have CCID ID, Web Application No. and Application # present in Bear Track

Have u got any correspondence on ur Alberta mail ID ?

I have sent these much docs :

Graduate Admission Application form
Transcripts
3 LOR - All sealed
IELTS Score - official
Resume + CV Form attach
Degree
Marksheet
Bonafide - Empluyment Letter
SOP
Certificates
Passport
Payment Receipt- Email Copy
I think you have sent more than what is actually required as per their checklist on the website ....

This will increase the work load on admission assistants because they first need to understand, verify and authenticate all the documents and subsequently do the coding so that the documents can be arranged in proper order.

This can be one of the reasons of Bear Tracks not being updated.

458 Bridge

Apr 15, 2013
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
NOC Code......
Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19- 04-2013
Med's Request
9-05-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
Not to be the bearer of bad news, but apparently the University doesn't really want international students to do Meng. I applied and got a email saying if i would like to do MSc.
For Msc i need to secure a research spot with the University Professor , and they fund the degree.
Scoring a research spot is not that easy as i heard from previous candidates.
For Meng, you are not given ANY funding. You have to bare all costs. And this is why they don't encourage International students.
Been trying to call them to confirm this detail and they are not picking up the phone.

Lets see. I will post all the information i get on here.

Good luck to u all.

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
Been waiting for the last 2 and half month and not even a single update from the....Every document is under OUTSTANDING Items....

Richard replied that he would be replying in 2 Wks..Lets wait for this wk .... GOd knows when any reply would come from the univ

DIVYAZABI

Dec 3, 2012
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Chennai, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July-15, 2013
Passport Req..
July-16, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July-17,2013
LANDED..........
Sep-09,2013
458 Bridge said:
Not to be the bearer of bad news, but apparently the University doesn't really want international students to do Meng. I applied and got a email saying if i would like to do MSc.
For Msc i need to secure a research spot with the University Professor , and they fund the degree.
Scoring a research spot is not that easy as i heard from previous candidates.
For Meng, you are not given ANY funding. You have to bare all costs. And this is why they don't encourage International students.
Been trying to call them to confirm this detail and they are not picking up the phone.

Lets see. I will post all the information i get on here.

Good luck to u all.
I am quite certain that they are open to Intl.students as well. I also am aware about the funding part- its either partially or completely funded depending on the funds available with the faculty professors.
I tried reaching out to professors at U of A as I thought of applying to Masters in Biomedical Engineering. I emailed a few but got turned saying some reasons like- they don’t have funds, they have already enough students, they took the required number for this Fall and one even told me that she is planning to retire and so stopped taking any further.
I was a bit worried about not been accepted although my profile is excellent and academically very sound. I got the similar response from the Graduate Chair of this department stating that I should get some form of scholarship if I can buy in any professor to make me accept. I didn’t get responses from many professors stil! Hence, I thought not to try much as most of them are either not responding or not in a position to accept.
Now I have applied to U of C (No need to find a potential supervisor) and the good thing is that vice-president of U of S has accepted me. So I will also be applying to U of S

458 Bridge

Apr 15, 2013
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
NOC Code......
Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19- 04-2013
Med's Request
9-05-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
DIVYAZABI said:
I am quite certain that they are open to Intl.students as well. I also am aware about the funding part- its either partially or completely funded depending on the funds available with the faculty professors.
I tried reaching out to professors at U of A as I thought of applying to Masters in Biomedical Engineering. I emailed a few but got turned saying some reasons like- they don't have funds, they have already enough students, they took the required number for this Fall and one even told me that she is planning to retire and so stopped taking any further.
I was a bit worried about not been accepted although my profile is excellent and academically very sound. I got the similar response from the Graduate Chair of this department stating that I should get some form of scholarship if I can buy in any professor to make me accept. I didn't get responses from many professors stil! Hence, I thought not to try much as most of them are either not responding or not in a position to accept.
Now I have applied to U of C (No need to find a potential supervisor) and the good thing is that vice-president of U of S has accepted me. So I will also be applying to U of S

I am referring to the M Eng Chemical and Materials program. I Spoke to the Admission people after getting and email from them. This is what they told me and didn't encourage me for the Meng. They said "it not for International Students". I am still trying to contact them to further clarify this. I know securing a research funding will not be easy in my case either. Hence i will Still insist on the Meng prog and see how it goes.

Vinodini

Feb 22, 2013
I applied for MINT program Fall intake and Bear Track has been updated and all required documents are complete.
It shows as priority 1 and status is decision pending.