+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did Anyone got reply from University of Alberta ??

tachyon.amit

Apr 1, 2013
Hi guys :D

I just want to know that did anyone got admission reply from UAlberta till date ??

I have applied for Fall 2013 Masters Program - Engineering Management.

My documents reached the university on 11th Jan'13.

My Profile :
10th:83.6% (CBSE, Delhi), 12th:89.8% (CBSE, Delhi)
BTech - Mechanical Engineering with 78.6% from Delhi Technological University
Work Experience : approx 2 years with Suzuki Motorcycle India Pvt. Ltd.

The status at Bear Tracks still shows the Admission Decision as Pending from last 2 months !!!

Do you guys have any idea about their processing time ?? Admission Assistant says to wait as it will take time.

Do i stand a chance and did anyone got admit ??

Pls reply....

Thanks
Amit

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
Same here...

Applied for MENgg in ENgg management program..Still awaiting...

Profile:

10th - 87%
12th - 83%
B.Tech in Electronics and communication - 73 %
Work Exp of 2.5 years in IT industry - TATA Consultancy services
IELTS -8.0

Applied online on 19th Jan... documents reached on 31st Jan

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
In Bear track...everything in under OUTSTANDING ITEMS only .....

and for most of the documents Due Date is 1st March and status INITIATED

and for the rest of them its is 23rd March and status INITIATED

I have sent many followup with them and this is their latest reply on 14th march

"There has been a larger interest in our programs than anticipated. This has made processing times much greater. If you have completed an application and your documents have arrived to the department before the deadline date for your program, then the documents will be processed as soon as possible.

If you are uncertain about whether you have sent all the appropriate documents and in the form needed for a successful application please review the “How to Apply” section of our website http://www.mece.engineering.ualberta.ca/en/Graduate/HowtoApply.aspx

Thanks for your interest in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Alberta."

tachyon.amit

Apr 1, 2013
mayank_6 said:
In Bear track...everything in under OUTSTANDING ITEMS only .....

and for most of the documents Due Date is 1st March and status INITIATED

and for the rest of them its is 23rd March and status INITIATED

I have sent many followup with them and this is their latest reply on 14th march

"There has been a larger interest in our programs than anticipated. This has made processing times much greater. If you have completed an application and your documents have arrived to the department before the deadline date for your program, then the documents will be processed as soon as possible.

If you are uncertain about whether you have sent all the appropriate documents and in the form needed for a successful application please review the “How to Apply” section of our website

Thanks for your interest in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Alberta."

Hi Mayank !!!

Seems like they are totally overloaded with the number of applications ....

All we can do is just wait...

However my Bear Tracks shows the documents list as completed but the Admission Decision is Pending ....

UAlberta is a very good university and i hope they will reply soon ...

What do you say about my profile is it weak for Alberta ??

Forgot to mention my IELTS score : its 8 (L:8.5 R:8 W:7.5 S:7.5)

Regards
Amit

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
As per me.. it is good profile...

Now I am afraid that why Status is not being updated from the last 2 months....and why everything is in Outstanding items only :(

Even the due date of 1st march and 23rd march is passed....

when ur docs reached there... ??

tachyon.amit

Apr 1, 2013
My docs reached the univ on 11th Jan'13.

Status in Bear Tracks was updated as 'Application Complete' on 5th Feb'13.

Since then there is no update and it simply says 'Admission Decision: Pending'

Dont worry about the documents, if they have reached before deadline, it is fine....

How did u send the LOR (3 nos.) ?? and IELTS scorecard ....

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
yes doc reached well before deadline

LOR I sent 3 in total... 2 Academics and another one from my Employer in University template.... ALl 3 signed and sealed in envelope

IELTS Score , i sent after paying additional 1250/- to British council office ....all docs have been reached there but since then not even a single update

tachyon.amit

Apr 1, 2013
@mayank

Have u applied to any other university and got any decisions till now ??

I applied in couple more but that was late near the deadline, so no replies as of now from anyone :(

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
I applied to total 3

Got admission from Concordia university ( MEngg in Quality systems relevant to my current work exp in IT industry ) and University of Ottawa ( MEngg in Engg Management )

Need to decide between the two ..Reputation wise Univ of Ottawa but Location and PR wise -Concordia ( in Montreal )

Any suggestion !!

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
Buddy 1 more thing...In the Bear Track...Under my Transcripts/Degree/Marksheet it is written

"You must arrange to have this document sent directly from the issuing institution, if you have not already done so."

I have sent them by myself and not directly by my Institution. I believe..this is not a major concern . Please confirm !!

tachyon.amit

Apr 1, 2013
I have no idea about Ottawa but Concordia also has a good reputation with employers...

Just the constraint is French language ...

Not a problem with transcript because i also sent that myself after getting it from my univ.

Have u accepted any offer till now , i have heard that majority of the universities ask for a deposit on acceptance... is it so ??

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
Yes I accepted the offer from Concordia by paying 250$ ....

If I don't get the ofer from Alberta in 1 month then I would proceed to Concordia...whats ur suggestion

tachyon.amit

Apr 1, 2013
Ya i think u r right ....

Keep Alberta at top and then Concordia would be fine ....

Best of luck for future brother :)

Keep in touch...

DIVYAZABI

Dec 3, 2012
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Chennai, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July-15, 2013
Passport Req..
July-16, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July-17,2013
LANDED..........
Sep-09,2013
mayank_6 said:
Buddy 1 more thing...In the Bear Track...Under my Transcripts/Degree/Marksheet it is written

"You must arrange to have this document sent directly from the issuing institution, if you have not already done so."

I have sent them by myself and not directly by my Institution. I believe..this is not a major concern . Please confirm !!
Yes, the docs should go directly and not be sent by yourself. As far as the transcripts are concerned, it shouldn't be a problem as they will come in a sealed envelope from your respective Univ. Coming to the IELTS-TRF, it has to go from British Council itself. And similar is the way for the Reference letters.. the referees should send them by themselves. Only then they deemed valid else not.

As students, we are only expected to send our Resume, SOP, copies of transcripts, TRF (unofficial). Please look into it. Seemingly, tehy will consider teh application only if these requirement criteria are met.