+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DEPRESSION SETTING IN - HELP - INDIAN - SENIORS - HELPPPPP!!!

aashay12

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo transferred to ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2011
Med's Request
25th october 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
first week of january
VISA ISSUED...
24/1/14
LANDED..........
13 nov, a day before the visa expires
I came to US at 19 with 200 bucks in my pocket
I worked all those flipping burger jobs and finished my school
Got a job, lost the job, lost everything and started back again
Flipping burgers and then got the job and lost the visa
So I am 32 and not willing to flip burgers again...
if you are educated and can earn money back in India pls do so
Unless you have a job lined up in Canada.
I want to come to Canada but not without a job.
US mite suck for visa issues, but there is lot of work and money.
If you are willing to work any job then go ahead, enjoy and good luck.
I would think a billion times before coming there, even that I have PR there.

Summerr

Jun 28, 2010
Ontario
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14 NOV 2013
Doc's Request.
15 May 2014(reminder mail) and 11 June 2014(specifics)
Nomination.....
1 Oct 2013
AOR Received.
7 January 2014
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
7 January 2014
Interview........
No Interview but Decision Made on July 7
LANDED..........
Inland
aashay12 said:
I came to US at 19 with 200 bucks in my pocket
I worked all those flipping burger jobs and finished my school
Got a job, lost the job, lost everything and started back again
Flipping burgers and then got the job and lost the visa
So I am 32 and not willing to flip burgers again...
if you are educated and can earn money back in India pls do so
Unless you have a job lined up in Canada.
I want to come to Canada but not without a job.
US mite suck for visa issues, but there is lot of work and money.
If you are willing to work any job then go ahead, enjoy and good luck.
I would think a billion times before coming there, even that I have PR there.
US is the land of opportunity. Every one makes money there from illegals(at least to help make ends meet) to white collars. I know people in US who are making $70,000 with out any experience in IT(Testing) but faking it on their resume and learning it on the job.
Canada is a different context. You need to be in the right place at the right time with the right networking to get you a decent job or at least in ones field, for argument sake.

gentleiphy

May 18, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
PER 14-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
14-01-2015
Med's Request
26-06-2015
Med's Done....
30-06-2015..SLU 21-07-15(Medical result received)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2015
LANDED..........
06-11-2015
Hi Everyone,
As the process of this immigration thing progresses,i need to reconfirm from forumites here...i originally intended to settle in Toronto due to jobs availability more than in other provinces,i don't have any relatives in Toronto but i have a relative in Saskatoon who is willing to accommodate my family and i for 3 months by which we would have settled down and understand Canada before thinking of moving to either Toronto or Calgary(He owns his own house anyway).I understand too that jobs are not as plenty in Saskatoon like in Toronto,My question is..is it possible after settling in Saskatoon,getting the PR card,SIN,Health covers and get survival job to get Canadian work experience and then later move to my desired city.what happens with health covers when i move to another province.

ht711

Dec 6, 2014
gentleiphy said:
Hi Everyone,
As the process of this immigration thing progresses,i need to reconfirm from forumites here...i originally intended to settle in Toronto due to jobs availability more than in other provinces,i don't have any relatives in Toronto but i have a relative in Saskatoon who is willing to accommodate my family and i for 3 months by which we would have settled down and understand Canada before thinking of moving to either Toronto or Calgary(He owns his own house anyway).I understand too that jobs are not as plenty in Saskatoon like in Toronto,My question is..is it possible after settling in Saskatoon,getting the PR card,SIN,Health covers and get survival job to get Canadian work experience and then later move to my desired city.what happens with health covers when i move to another province.
You're driving in wrong lane buddy....see the topic. Get a local phone number first. If you dont know anybody then it's very difficult to find job in Toronto, most of the immigrants land in Toronto..it's filled with lot of students, they are ready to work less than provincial minimum pay...but all the best...SK and Regina has jobs if you search on saskjobs dot com, ca dot indeed dot com, go to Tims, Mac-Dssss, walmart, Sobey's personally and submit your resume if they accept....all the best

gentleiphy

May 18, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
PER 14-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
14-01-2015
Med's Request
26-06-2015
Med's Done....
30-06-2015..SLU 21-07-15(Medical result received)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2015
LANDED..........
06-11-2015
ht711 said:
You're driving in wrong lane buddy....see the topic. Get a local phone number first. If you dont know anybody then it's very difficult to find job in Toronto, most of the immigrants land in Toronto..it's filled with lot of students, they are ready to work less than provincial minimum pay...but all the best...SK and Regina has jobs if you search on saskjobs dot com, ca dot indeed dot com, go to Tims, Mac-Dssss, walmart, Sobey's personally and submit your resume if they accept....all the best
@ht77...first thanks for responding and giving your own piece of advise...sure i know i drove in the wrong lane,i decided to test drive in the wrong lane after driving in the right lane and no one seems to help out...but all the same thanks.

ht711

Dec 6, 2014
gentleiphy said:
@ ht77...first thanks for responding and giving your own piece of advise...sure i know i drove in the wrong lane,i decided to test drive in the wrong lane after driving in the right lane and no one seems to help out...but all the same thanks.
All the best

aashay12

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2011
Med's Request
25th october 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
first week of january
VISA ISSUED...
24/1/14
LANDED..........
Guys there is a alfa job agency in etobicoke
It is about 10 minutes walking from the Islington station
There is polish lady who has plenty of jobs in and around toronto
You can start pretty much from the next day..
Altough no guarantees....but better to get the job next day than struggling
looking for one.....
Most of the jobs are near to transit, so give a shot, u shud tell them u need jobs near transit if u dont have a car.
You if cant go there email them their resume.

jazibkg

Apr 4, 2014
In my opinion, going to Toronto is one of the biggest mistakes any immigrant can make in 2014-15. It is very saturated out there. I came to Vancouver in May, and got a job by July after attending 7-9 interviews (I started aggressively job hunting in June). Didn't have to flip burgers at all. Had only 2 years of experience before. I am glad I did not settle in Toronto.

ht711

Dec 6, 2014
jazibkg said:
In my opinion, going to Toronto is one of the biggest mistakes any immigrant can make in 2014-15. It is very saturated out there. I came to Vancouver in May, and got a job by July after attending 7-9 interviews (I started aggressively job hunting in June). Didn't have to flip burgers at all. Had only 2 years of experience before. I am glad I did not settle in Toronto.
If you see % of immigrants...most of em (not all) doing flipping jobs or something like that, salute and respect for them, if hubby and wife working (survival jobs), they can manage expenses and live their life. Vancouver is saturated too and above all you have to start paying 60-75$ for health insurance each month for one person as it's not free (correct me if i am wrong). Lot of unions there. Drugs and gangs and above all the time raining in the winters (no snow but rain). You can't even imagine to buy a house. But gotta start from zero so go there where jobs are. Alberta/Sask are the places to go (I am talking about survival jobs). Toronto has too many immigrants and too many students. one job 500 resumes, so you need good referrals that's what i heard. One has to study there, employers don't recognize international experience and education ...but very fewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww are lucky who get jobs in their field, else it's......

aashay12

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2011
Med's Request
25th october 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
first week of january
VISA ISSUED...
24/1/14
LANDED..........
Brother ht711, then why Canada, why u going there.
If u know how life is going to be, then why?
If nothing works for me here in US, I am planning to go to India
One honest advise, don't go to Canada if u r late 30s to flip burgers.
Go if u have a job lined up paying u 50k at least.
U will end up in disappointment....india will be a better place
Rest is upto you.

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ht711 said:
If you see % of immigrants...most of em (not all) doing flipping jobs or something like that, salute and respect for them, if hubby and wife working (survival jobs), they can manage expenses and live their life. Vancouver is saturated too and above all you have to start paying 60-75$ for health insurance each month for one person as it's not free (correct me if i am wrong). Lot of unions there. Drugs and gangs and above all the time raining in the winters (no snow but rain). You can't even imagine to buy a house. But gotta start from zero so go there where jobs are. Alberta/Sask are the places to go (I am talking about survival jobs). Toronto has too many immigrants and too many students. one job 500 resumes, so you need good referrals that's what i heard. One has to study there, employers don't recognize international experience and education ...but very fewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww are lucky who get jobs in their field, else it's......
ht711, I have a lot of respect for any worker, no matter what line of work they are in. As long as one makes honest living it's admirable.

I am not influenced by the latest trends here where (what an irony!) every son or grand-son of a dirt cleaner has become a condescending snub because they now own $1M houses and earn 150K or more (even more ironic when they neither own nor make anything like it).

But let's face it: how many people who qualify under FSW dream to go to Canada to flip burgers? May be I am missing something, but isn't something wrong about this picture?
In US we lost about 15 million jobs since year 2000, and those jobs are not recovered and economists write that this state of affairs could be permanent. The same plague, from what I can see, had affected Canada. All these '500 resumes per vacancy' and 'You must have PhD to sweep the floor' stories, with desperate doctors driving taxis, in my opinion something is fundamentally wrong about this picture.

And, most surprisingly, Canada wants us there so bad that it will take our residence away if we fail to be there 2 out of 5 years. What for? TO add to welfare rolls? To flip burgers for minimum wage?

In my opinion this is a new economic policy, which is in line with Milton's Chicago school of thought. The real goal is to maintain the current level of unemployment and underemployment, with the purpose being reduction in cost of labor and increase of competitiveness and profitability of giant businesses. We are just a bunch of squirrels in the wheel.

For my part I think I will have no other choice but to give up my Canadian PR, just as my entire family will. Having sent hundreds of resumes we have not received a single invitation to a job interview, not even one. Can you imagine? What are we going to live on if we go there tomorrow?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
david1697 said:
And, most surprisingly, Canada wants us there so bad that it will take our residence away if we fail to be there 2 out of 5 years. What for? TO add to welfare rolls? To flip burgers for minimum wage?
Maybe to upgrade your English / French skills? :D

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:
Maybe to upgrade your English / French skills? :D
What for? To take orders at a fast food joint? Or know how to properly fill out welfare applications?

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
ht711 said:
Hi Guys!

I landed in Canada, went back to India then came back and then went back to India in last 6 months, just stayed for 3 months in Canada in total. I am in my late 30s. I have family. I don't know what to say or how to say, I was never so weak mentally, but this Canada thing changed my whole life, right now i am writing from sitting in India but i am getting an urge to go back to Canada again, but i am not able to answer to myself that why, or what for i want to go to Canada. I got the job, i started earning 1500 or so in a month but sitting at sharing-rental home at night, missing family, feeling weak that what the hell i am doing here, no one to talk to, the more i talk to people at work, especially from my home country, i get confuse, 100 people i talk to 100 different suggestions they give. Yes there are $ i mean whatever i will earn will be in CAD ($) but i don't know why i am not able to stick to this place and able to give myself time. I know in my field i cant get job as there are very less jobs (please dont ask my profession) but i came with a mindset that i will start with anything and will see what i can do or if i need to upgrade, i will do and if nothing works out at least i will save some by doing jobs but you don't have anybody to talk to, nobody has time. People help but what to say everybody is one way or another not happy (% wise) this is because everybody has his or her own experience. some have sold everything in their home country and they don't have any reason to go back so they are sticking. People are happy too. How to get over my this part. It was my dream from my early days to go abroad US/Canada but at last i got this opportunity, i am not liking it (dont know what to say). I don't understand where to start, should i go to Toronto, Alberta (Edmonton/Calgary), BC or where. Thinking of going to Toronto this time but just getting thoughts of going nothing is sure...will i be able to get survival jobs easily in Toronto please some serious guidance from seniors....

Please, will appreciate.

Dude haven't you seen news? Canada is finished economically, Alberta was carrying this country but now Alberta is not doing well due to oil collapse. Unless you have a good job lined up which pays a decent salary you will struggle in Canada. $ 1500 a month is very tough to live on.

There are no jobs, Ontario is finished as manufacturing has long left , Quebec is a backwards *censored word*hole, Maritime provinces are 3rd world, BC is ok but very expensive, Manitoba has nothing, and now Alberta and Saskatchewan are collapsing. Plus negative 40 in winter , high insurance grocery and gas prices, its a recipe for depression and misery.

Canada easily gives people PR cards because they want them to bring over savings and keep housing sector from collapsing, there are no good jobs for them.

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
AAL1984 said:
Dude haven't you seen news? Canada is finished economically, Alberta was carrying this country but now Alberta is not doing well due to oil collapse. Unless you have a good job lined up which pays a decent salary you will struggle in Canada. $ 1500 a month is very tough to live on.

There are no jobs, Ontario is finished as manufacturing has long left , Quebec is a backwards *censored word*hole, Maritime provinces are 3rd world, BC is ok but very expensive, Manitoba has nothing, and now Alberta and Saskatchewan are collapsing. Plus negative 40 in winter , high insurance grocery and gas prices, its a recipe for depression and misery.

Canada easily gives people PR cards because they want them to bring over savings and keep housing sector from collapsing, there are no good jobs for them.
I don't know what you are talking about. I live in BC and all is fine, cheap gas, jobs, nice weather. Paradise!